The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Snarff said:

We also have Kurnoth Hunters, and Belthanos looks very much like Sylvaneth and not 'the Kurnothi' that people here were already expecting for Warcry. So even if Kurnothi are introduced, it's not necessarily going to be the aelf/satyr/centaur/etc hybrids people are expecting.

Nor am i excluding the kurnothi sylvaneth but as you mention we have kurnoth hunters already so if they want add more KS that be great but that not mutally exclusive toward havingKurnothi elves (mortals whatever). They have to do KE eventually when said concept is the most prominent and a concept they very much keeping alive and present throughout White dwarf, short stories, warhammer+ and side game. Eventually that side will come with KS or not

Well, that was spectacular. The 4th edition trailer is way better than its predecessor. Sad, that there was no miniature reveal, but on the contrary it is good not to receive everything at once. Can't wait to see miniatures in the coming weeks and very excited about new rules!

As for Warcry - a bit of disappointment for me. Ossiarch are not what I've expected. Didn't expect it to be a full-zoo warband. Sylvaneth are cool, but really? Another bunch of revenants, now cosplaying cordyceps zombie from tlou? Expected kurnothi finally get at least warcry release. Too bad. 

Also can't figure it out for TOW dwarves returning plastic kits among which there are currently selling CoS dwarves. Maybe it means GW will remove them from AoS? Or they make double-kit with both round and square bases. Interesting here. Anyway, dwarves heroes are amazing!

5 minutes ago, Ookami said:

Well, that was spectacular. The 4th edition trailer is way better than its predecessor. Sad, that there was no miniature reveal, but on the contrary it is good not to receive everything at once. Can't wait to see miniatures in the coming weeks and very excited about new rules!

As for Warcry - a bit of disappointment for me. Ossiarch are not what I've expected. Didn't expect it to be a full-zoo warband. Sylvaneth are cool, but really? Another bunch of revenants, now cosplaying cordyceps zombie from tlou? Expected kurnothi finally get at least warcry release. Too bad. 

Also can't figure it out for TOW dwarves returning plastic kits among which there are currently selling CoS dwarves. Maybe it means GW will remove them from AoS? Or they make double-kit with both round and square bases. Interesting here. Anyway, dwarves heroes are amazing!

It looks to me that dispossessed would be removed from CoS with the index. So far all the rumours we have point to TOW and AoS having completely separate ranges.

5 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It looks to me that dispossessed would be removed from CoS with the index. So far all the rumours we have point to TOW and AoS having completely separate ranges.

I don't see any reason to assume this right now. If anything, I expect Dispossessed to stay until they get updated models.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, I mean, slaves to darkness, moonclan gitz are all in OW, and I can't see them getting removed.

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Yeah, I mean, slaves to darkness, moonclan gitz are all in OW, and I can't see them getting removed.

Same with models and units like Steam Tanks, Dryads, Flagellants (and the entirety of Beasts of Chaos, which still has no GW indication of being removed from AoS).

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 1

Does anybody have the time and energy to calculate how they will trickle the rest of 4.0 edition following Leviathans patterns? When can we see models? lore? rules? Anything? my body yearns for information.

Also does anyone know the screaming bell is rumoured to be updated? I have one that i want to build but if it is getting updated would rather use it to kitbash weird stuff and get a newer version.

Love

10 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I don't see any reason to assume this right now. If anything, I expect Dispossessed to stay until they get updated models.

The use of the Ironbreakers and Thunderers kits, along with them declaring Runesmiths and Kings being back (despite never going off sale) is what leads me to that conclusion. The bandaid needs to be ripped off sooner or later, even if it means my 3000 odd points will be Legends at best.

15 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Because all the models from the Dispo range appear in TOW and the rumours point to the company wanting to create a line between AoS and TOW and not share models.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I think the problem there is a narrative vs balance one. 

Indeed they currently (and probably in the future) are using battle tactics like this

image.gif.18c831275a7e380f49ff5c98271dbd3f.gif

it surely works but it’s neither pretty, nor is the problem properly fixed.

• Haha 1

Just now, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Yeah, later. When they get updated for AoS like the Freeguild was.

I think the problem with their renewal is the following.

First people claimed for humans. They have a humans range ready (released and unreleased stuff). Now people claim for duardins and aelves, but that range is not ready.

So I think either they won't be created or would be retired and put back later.

14 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Same with models and units like Steam Tanks, Dryads, Flagellants (and the entirety of Beasts of Chaos, which still has no GW indication of being removed from AoS).

There's more room for that. Maybe those are the initial factions for 4th, so there's a little renewal for them. Dawis would be the only faction seeing the light before the 4th ed launch.

Edited by Ejecutor

12 minutes ago, Err0rBu5 said:

Does anybody have the time and energy to calculate how they will trickle the rest of 4.0 edition following Leviathans patterns? When can we see models? lore? rules? Anything? my body yearns for information.

Also does anyone know the screaming bell is rumoured to be updated? I have one that i want to build but if it is getting updated would rather use it to kitbash weird stuff and get a newer version.

Love

The only info we have is this post:

No bell was mentioned.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

I think the problem with their renewal is the following.

First people claimed for humans. They have a humans range ready (released and unreleased stuff). Now people claim for duardins and aelves, but that range is not ready.

So I think either they won't be created or would be retired and put back later.

I definitely think they shouldn't retire Duardin and Aelven kits until replacements are ready. The idea that you can't use the same kits in both games is ridiculous. It's my worst fears about the old world coming true. They have the exact same deamons models in AoS and 40k with different boxes. Do the same for the old world. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Err0rBu5 said:

Love

At the very least we'll probably see faction focus articles for each army in the run up to release (which might actually be a little juicier than the ones for 3rd Ed, which were mostly just, 'Er, I guess you can use All Out Attack to hit harder?')

With no scheduled warhammer fest it's hard to say, but I'd imagine they'll trickle out the starter box models over the next month or so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

I definitely think they shouldn't retire Duardin and Aelven kits until replacements are ready. The idea that you can't use the same kits in both games is ridiculous. It's my worst fears about the old world coming true. They have the exact same deamons models in AoS and 40k with different boxes. Do the same for the old world. 

IMO they would never share a box because the number of models we get for each game is drastically different. if they end up sharing games, there is going to be a box of 10 and a box of 20. That's a no-no with their current capacity issues. But as I said, just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Err0rBu5 said:

Love

They revealed 10th edition at the end of March, throughout April they posted a mix of filler and rules articles with a grain of miniature reveals from Leviathan. End of April brought Leviathan reveal, afterwards most of the articles were faction focuses. Finally at the beginning of June we've got next week for Leviathan release following three weeks of waiting and pre order with release at the end of June.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ookami said:

They revealed 10th edition at the end of March, throughout April they posted a mix of filler and rules articles with a grain of miniature reveals from Leviathan. End of April brought Leviathan reveal, afterwards most of the articles were faction focuses. Finally at the beginning of June we've got next week for Leviathan release following three weeks of waiting and pre order with release at the end of June.

But this year we are going to have a campaign to promote going to GW stores, so I guess we will have that kind of articles earlier.

1 minute ago, Davariel said:

AoS really, really needs to decide what model ranges it wants to move forwards with and stick to it. This kind of uncertainty around units and armies being removed isn't healthy for the game.

I think we all know wich minis are going to leave (dispossesed, bones, dark elves, boc, old ogres, old skavens, fatcasts, metal/resin…)

The problem is they can’t announce it because that would cost sales and people lives in denial about it and when happens they get frustrated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Do you think the model mondays will be reserved for the new starter set? Full reveal of the box will probably happen 1 month from now, so 4 weeks of lesser reveals from starter box seems like some good teasers to keep us interested.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Do you think the model mondays will be reserved for the new starter set? Full reveal of the box will probably happen 1 month from now, so 4 weeks of lesser reveals from starter box seems like some good teasers to keep us interested.

Iirc that's what happened with Leviathan, so it seems a reasonable bet.

• Like 3