• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 6

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS 4.0 wishes:

2024 - Skaven vs Stormcast
2025 - Chaos Dwarf - Fyreslayers - Kharadron
2026 - Ogor Gutbusters - Sons of Morghur - Ossiarch Legion
2027 - Lumineth River Temple - Ulgu Aelfs - The Silent Ones

I'm doubtful on morghur + silent people. I expect we'll see hashut and malerion's armies for sure in the second and 3rd years of the edition respectively. Sizeable release waves for Idoneth, Kharadron, Fyreslayers, OBR, DoK and maybe CoS are pretty likely imo. It's possible we see the return of gitmob for GSG and also kurnothi for sylvaneth too. I don't think any faction will get a massive refresh like ogors (assuming BoC are actually going away)

Edit: I don't think LRL will get a full release wave but I think Tyrion will show up in the end of edition campaign like Kroak did

Edited by Luperci

4 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I'm doubtful on morghur + silent people. I expect we'll see hashut and malerion's armies for sure in the second and 3rd years of the edition respectively. Sizeable release waves for Idoneth, Kharadron, Fyreslayers, OBR, DoK and maybe CoS are pretty likely imo. It's possible we see the return of gitmob for GSG and also kurnothi for sylvaneth too. I don't think any faction will get a massive refresh like ogors (assuming BoC are actually going away)

DoK and Malerion are the same book.

I only put the medium-big releases. I expect small ones for Idoneth, Tzeentch, Waaagh or CoS.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

DoK and Malerion are the same book.

I only put the medium-big releases. I expect small ones for Idoneth, Tzeentch, Waaagh or CoS.

DoK and malerion will def share a book but DoK need a small release too imo, maybe early in the edition we can get a warlock character, maybe a morai heg themed unit too and then malerion will come in the form of a supplement like the ironjawz update

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDayman said:

So eh funnily enough I popped into my local GW today (not going to mention where, because I don't want the manager to get in trouble) and the manager was talking about this, showed us a campaign pack where each store is given a city and players have to sign up on the side of order to found and defend a free city or on the side of chaos to kill the Dawnbringer crusade/destroy the city after its founding, looks like there is a fair bit of depth to it!

This event will last until the end of June in all Warhammer Stores. The participants might get a really nice Coin Malleus.

In other news, a certain winged aelven prophetess told me that the city in the teaser video is Embergard

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, Gitzdee said:

I wonder if they go the hero + tome route again if we are getting indexes. Doesnt make sense to me at that point to release tomes asap.

I'm sure they will. Over in 40k land they are doing it. It's just it's codex and hero model in big fomo box this time. 

I think we'll get a couple of hero tomes at the end of this year. My current favourites are Soulblight and Nighthaunt. They've both done very well with minis recently. 

Relax with the predictions for AoS, remember that 40k has 11th on 2026 and still have some bigger things coming this ed (Emperor's Children, votann's second wave, blood angels, agents, plastic kriegs, new army...) and I doubt GW has planned more than one or two big AoS ranges for each year while 4th lasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

did we ever receive anything substantial about indexes or is this just the current theory?  i honestly don't see a significant need for one in the present moment outside of maybe some rules clarifications and/or a reworking of a lot of how ranged units exist in this game.

3 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Relax with the predictions for AoS, remember that 40k has 11th on 2026 and still have some bigger things coming this ed (Emperor's Children, votann's second wave, blood angels, agents, plastic kriegs, new army...) and I doubt GW has planned more than one or two big AoS ranges for each year while 4th lasts.

I put only one big release and two medium for each year. (Chaos Dwarf, Sons of Morghur and Silents Ones).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bethebee said:

did we ever receive anything substantial about indexes or is this just the current theory?  i honestly don't see a significant need for one in the present moment outside of maybe some rules clarifications and/or a reworking of a lot of how ranged units exist in this game.

Some retailers can’t get more battletomes and apparently they went out of stock on some parts of the GW site.

But that’s about it and really no clue if that is just production problems.

Mostly it’s just a popular theory though because AoS & 40k bounce & test ideas off eachother.

It's pure speculation based on the fact AoS and 40k tend to mirror each other.

But i am honestly hoping for it. 

AoS used to be the lightweight, easy going "have fun together" version of Warhammer. Now it is quite convulted. 

Anyways, even if there is no reset you can expect new Battletombs to drop. 

The two starter factions in november and - if they follow the 40k 10th playbook - one double release before the end of the year.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elarin said:

This event will last until the end of June in all Warhammer Stores. The participants might get a really nice Coin Malleus.

In other news, a certain winged aelven prophetess told me that the city in the teaser video is Embergard

The 40k equivalent "Battle for Oghram" started together with the launch box release at the end of June and ran until the 10th of July so if our event only runs until the end of June then we can also expect it to start a little earlier. So we can expect a release of the launch box in the first half of June

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

It's pure speculation based on the fact AoS and 40k tend to mirror each other.

But i am honestly hoping for it. 

AoS used to be the lightweight, easy going "have fun together" version of Warhammer. Now it is quite convulted. 

Anyways, even if there is no reset you can expect new Battletombs to drop. 

The two starter factions in november and - if they follow the 40k 10th playbook - one double release before the end of the year.

I definitely expect AoS will receive consolidated USRs like 40k did, which will require an index reset, hopefully they execute it better than they have done with 40k

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

The 40k equivalent "Battle for Oghram" started together with the launch box release at the end of June and ran until the 10th of July so if our event only runs until the end of June that would also mean it starts a little earlier. So we can expect a release of the launch box in the first half of June

It's a completely different thing - more of a build up to the new edition. It will be announced towards the end of March and will start in April. It's going to be exclusive to Warhammer Stores and the idea is to paint AoS models, play AoS games, promote Narrative Play so as to generate excitement for the new edition.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

AoS 4.0 wishes:

2024 - Skaven vs Stormcast
2025 - Chaos Dwarf - Fyreslayers - Kharadron
2026 - Ogor Gutbusters - Sons of Morghur - Ossiarch Legion
2027 - Lumineth River Temple - Ulgu Aelfs - The Silent Ones

Ulgu Aelvens and Silent Ones? Greedy!

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Elarin said:

Wow. Zenestra knows how to really build fast! 

• Haha 2

Man I hope dragon ogres get some love if they're removing BoC, like maybe get new models for S2D or be a part of a newer iteration of BoC, because they're one of the coolest races in the setting imo, being driven out of their homeland, harnessing the power of the storm, very underutilised and very overdue for an update.

• Like 3

I doubt we’ll have 3 new armies next edition, there more then enough fleshing out that needs to be done first

why would gw take a risk with silent ones when a tzeentch update would be a smaller risk with higher possible payout?

42 minutes ago, Koala said:

I know... and I miss the fun bits. Unnerving my opponent with my seductive gaze was glorious fun! 

But, seriously, it has become annoyingly convoluted. I'd love to see things untangled a bit. I used to like introducing newbies with a first game. Nowadays I'm lucky to remember most of the rules myself! 

Ok, so, the tau codex has been leaked (not gonna pass it here until there's a reddit post) but one big takeaway for AoS armies:

-They've taken out ALL the resin. Firesight, Aun'Va, even vespids, which are suposed to have a refresh via KT, have been eliminated from the codex

So, skaven players should expect the same and not be surprised when they discover that ALL of the resin/metal stuff on the webstore stops being sold whitout a proper substitution.

P.D.: Seems like vespids might still hold on for a little while, someone discovered a keyword reference on the leaks. Let's see when the codex lands.

Edited by Garrac
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, so, the tau codex has been leaked (not gonna pass it here until there's a reddit post)

please don't ;) 

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

-They've taken out ALL the resin. Firesight, Aun'Va, even vespids, which are suposed to have a refresh via KT, have been eliminated from the codex

So, skaven players should expect the same andn ot be surprised when they discover that ALL of the resin/metal on the webstore stops being sold whitout a proper substitution.

I think this is what GW have been doing for a while. It's a combination of keeping things easy for customers and probably easier for them to mass produce. Resin will be kept for smaller rangers or things you will need less of. Going back to 40K, will be interesting with Adeptus Custodes about resin as it makes up a big chunk of variety for the range.

45 minutes ago, Elarin said:

It's a completely different thing - more of a build up to the new edition. It will be announced towards the end of March and will start in April. It's going to be exclusive to Warhammer Stores and the idea is to paint AoS models, play AoS games, promote Narrative Play so as to generate excitement for the new edition.

Just checking is that an assumption or something you've been told by anybody :D 

That makes sense if we are getting a nice reveal at Adepticon! Now I'm starting to struggle with picking up some Clanrats!

• LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ok, so, the tau codex has been leaked (not gonna pass it here until there's a reddit post) but one big takeaway for AoS armies:

So, skaven players should expect the same and not be surprised when they discover that ALL of the resin/metal stuff on the webstore stops being sold whitout a proper substitution.

That's not remotely surprising. They did the same thing with the Seraphon book. Kits like the Razordon and some of the heroes didn't get replacements. The Vespids thing is actually encouraging though. Assuming they are real(and Valrak's been pretty accurate recently),  it suggests we could see gutter runners  or plague censor bearers return in a warcry warband if they are cut from the battletome. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bethebee said:

It's an informed theory I think but following their patterns so far of 2 editions with compatitble books followed by an Index edition to shake things up and get people to rebuy all their books (like 40k for example). GW want to make money after all! 😅

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I think this is what GW have been doing for a while. It's a combination of keeping things easy for customers and probably easier for them to mass produce. Resin will be kept for smaller rangers or things you will need less of. Going back to 40K, will be interesting with Adeptus Custodes about resin as it makes up a big chunk of variety for the range.

They've been getting rid of Finecast resin models (Custard Forge World models aren't going away for example as they're also being used for the 30k range), honestly the Finecast range is horrible to work withand I'm glad they're finally getting rid! It does suck for Skaven to not get immediate replacements but with their impending range refresh hopefully means they get a big release in their Wave 2

Most AoS armies are in a really good spot for not having Finecast, it's mainly those that used to have Fantasy models like Skaven, Beastmen etc 😊

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's not remotely surprising. They did the same thing with the Seraphon book. Kits like the Razordon and some of the heroes didn't get replacements. The Vespids thing is actually encouraging though. Assuming they are real(and Valrak's been pretty accurate recently),  it suggests we could see gutter runners  or plague censor bearers return in a warcry warband if they are cut from the battletome. 

Oh, it's not that I didn't expect it, but it took me for suprise that they would erase such an iconic unit of the army (vespids) when the update is around the corner. Just had to hold on resin for, what, like 6-10 months?. Makes me suspect clan Pestilens lists will have to use botafumeiros, and Moulder clan lists will be characterless if the rumours are correct.

Edited by Garrac

15 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Just checking is that an assumption or something you've been told by anybody :D 

It's something I've been told 😁 It will be a 3-month long, Warhammer Stores exclusive event to build up excitement for the Big Summer Release (that's exactly what I've been told, but I think we all know what that release is going to be 😉 )

• LOVE IT! 1