The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

We dont know how much big is the avatar-thing. I presume there'll be a behemoth Moulder Monster on the regular release, while this thing goes to the starter box. My reasoning? Would be weird to have a demon bigger than Verminlords, and the evil factions on starter boxes love using mid-to-big monsters like the screamer killer. While its very easy to lean on the Frankenstein rats doing big bazinga godzillas.

Alltho, granted, that works both ways.

Indeed, and it might turn out this way.

Personally, I prefer a daemon_irregular situation, both in terms of size and ranking. Like Dexcessa and Synessa being smaller than Keepers of Secrets (yet special cases).

Edited by Preppikoma
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Garrac said:

We dont know how much big is the avatar-thing. I presume there'll be a behemoth Moulder Monster on the regular release, while this thing goes to the starter box. My reasoning? Would be weird to have a demon bigger than Verminlords, and the evil factions on starter boxes love using mid-to-big monsters like the screamer killer. While its very easy to lean on the Frankenstein rats doing big bazinga godzillas.

Alltho, granted, that works both ways.

Screamer killer is not that big. The new piece of artillery or a mount is more reliable as part of the starter box.

39 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Screamer killer is not that big. The new piece of artillery or a mount is more reliable as part of the starter box.

SK is on the scarcely used 90mm round base, while Norn variants are on 100mm ones like most Greater Daemons. If a new Verminlord is introduced, the miniature's size might be similar to the current ones (notably, on 120x92mm ovals, but that's irrelevant), hence my comparison.

I second Garrac's "mid-to-big" opinion on SK.

Edited by Preppikoma

4 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Am i alone to thinking Malerion keeping an eye on Mortal Realms like Sauron keeping his eye on Middle-earth ?

There have been lore tidbits that he is planning to the day the Pantheon shatters.

Maybe this edition is about fracturing Order into camps?

Just now, ERHanmer said:

Il y a eu des informations sur l'histoire qu'il prépare jusqu'au jour où le Panthéon se brisera.

Peut-être que cette édition concerne la fracture de l’Ordre en camps ?

Which informations ? You know something ?

33 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Which informations ? You know something ?

Echt cool! Kann ich auch Französisch!

:P

I think in the Stormcast book, it talks about Malerion spying on their training in the Gladitorium and he "watches and prepares for the inevitable day the Pantheon fails."

In Broken Realms, he and Morathi spoke, and Sigmar is SUPER pissed with her. The Stormcast were training to kill Daughters of Khaine.

I think this is also when he hints at the future.

I have no information, I'm just guessing at how lore could develop if GW follows the rules for writing of leading to the surprising, but inevitable conclusion.

Edited by ERHanmer

5 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

Très cool ! Je peux aussi être français !

:P

Je pense que dans le livre Stormcast, il est question de Malerion espionnant leur entraînement au Gladitorium et il "surveille et se prépare pour le jour inévitable où le Panthéon échouera".

Dans Broken Realms, lui et Morathi ont parlé, et Sigmar est SUPER énervé contre elle. Les Stormcast s'entraînaient pour tuer les Filles de Khaine.

Je pense que c'est aussi à ce moment-là qu'il fait allusion à l'avenir.

Je n'ai aucune information, je devine simplement comment la tradition pourrait se développer si GW suivait les règles d'écriture menant à la conclusion surprenante, mais inévitable.

I doesn't know the Stormcasts was training to kill DoK.

11 minutes ago, Danaork said:

I doesn't know the Stormcasts was training to kill DoK.

After Morathi took over Anvilgard, ascended to godhood at the permanent expense of Stormcast and was just an absolute menace, Sigmar started training his troops to kill her people.

The Celestant Prime and Morathi almost came to blows at the end of Broken Realms.

Edited by ERHanmer

Hasn't much of Beasts been unavailable for sale for quite awhile now? And web exclusive anyway? So it can't really hurt sales if theres nothing to sell.

Plus, as far as I can tell Beasts stuff that is available is getting snatched up by TOW players fast. Also, its been suggested here that when things are rumored to be going away people often run out and buy them before they're done. ISK how true that is, but any of those factors could distort what GW sees (of they're aware of the rumor at all)

27 minutes ago, ERHanmer said:

After Morathi took over Anvilgard, ascended to godhood at the permanent expense of Stormcast and was just an absolute menace, Sigmar started training his troops to kill her people.

The Celestant Prime and Morathi almost came to blows at the end of Broken Realms.

Sigmar and Nagash join forces to form Grand Alliance: Kick The Life Out Of Morathi

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

LOL. I would expect her life ritual to make grow many things, but the Chorfs hats? That's for sure something I didn't consider.

I apologise for my early morning/ late night brain wanderings 🤦 However, I'd love if it right lol.

Updated big hat chaos dwarfs would bankrupt me.

4 hours ago, Adalon said:

I hope the rat god avatar thing is GUO sized wererat basically. I'd be so happy. Like think cleric beast from bloodborne...but a horned rat

How much you wanna bet we don't get rat god avatar in launch box. It will come like norm emissaries separate as large centerpiece models to add on with 2-3 different builds

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

I still dont think the new piece of artillery is that big for what weve seen. Not as big as a SK anyway.

Btw, I agree on the Matter of globadiers: It is true they could have their hands and heads changed to have a multidual kit. Its not that weird nowadays, since kits like all the kill teams are multidual.

But theres a reason why I stated they arent as multidual: the heads. GW hates giving múltiple heads to Seb Perbet designs. Have they done It? Yes, the artilleries and stormvermins have múltiple heads. Is it a common características of the skaven range? Well, seems like Pervet's designs of rats crouching makes it harder or whatsoever to make múltiple heads on a skaven kit, and GW prefers to have the bodies and heads on the same Piece as much as possible for skavens. Proof to support this? The new leaked sprue.

But I guess theres a fair chance that Im wrong and multidual globadiers are on the way. Alltho, the weapons would have to not overlap either weapon teams nor jezzails

• Like 1

Oh, and btw, on the avatar of the Horned Rat Im giving credit to tumblr and Whitefang back me up, but I wouldnt be surprised if It ends Up being a weird way of calling the new Verminlord variants. Which should go on the regular release, leaving the room open for a Monster on the starter box, if at all (On GW's mind it could be enough with just fielding rat ogres)

Rumour mongers still havent clarified this matter with any depth at all.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2

Was thinking more on the Warcry Ossiarchs and their oppenents and realised more why they could be vs Idoneth. 

We have had a very animal/ beast themed season with things like Fyreslayers with young magmadroths, Kruelboyz with baboons hunting for eggs, Wildercorps with their dogs etc and now we have the teratic prowler for OBR.

We did have the RE with what looked like an aquatic tail and one IDK unit that is important to their society that we are still missing is an Isharann Embailor, which are the IDK tasked with breaking the will of beasts to serve their society. It would fit the theme of current Warcry to have an Embailor with nemarti guard and beasts that are being broken in/ trained.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

It is RE time! It is weapon time... Is it really? Maybe we are finally getting a librarian's squad?

The Rumour Engine – 12h March 2024 - Warhammer Community (warhammer-community.com)

image.png.1b0e5c8fbc4e87977fa905ea633c514c.png

Long timelurker made an account to just say this is very likely the canones seraphin model thats been rumored in the same style as celestines unit most likely. Could also be the rumored sanginor though

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Crypt said:

Long timelurker made an account to just say this is very likely the canones seraphin model thats been rumored in the same style as celestines unit most likely. Could also be the rumored sanginor though

Cool. Better to pass over the loo roll to the 40k people.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I still dont think the new piece of artillery is that big for what weve seen. Not as big as a SK anyway.

Btw, I agree on the Matter of globadiers: It is true they could have their hands and heads changed to have a multidual kit. Its not that weird nowadays, since kits like all the kill teams are multidual.

But theres a reason why I stated they arent as multidual: the heads. GW hates giving múltiple heads to Seb Perbet designs. Have they done It? Yes, the artilleries and stormvermins have múltiple heads. Is it a common características of the skaven range? Well, seems like Pervet's designs of rats crouching makes it harder or whatsoever to make múltiple heads on a skaven kit, and GW prefers to have the bodies and heads on the same Piece as much as possible for skavens. Proof to support this? The new leaked sprue.

But I guess theres a fair chance that Im wrong and multidual globadiers are on the way. Alltho, the weapons would have to not overlap either weapon teams nor jezzails

But AoS Starter boxes usually have more models and smaller than 40k Starter boxes. I mean, it is more reliable we are gonna get 1 Clawlord mounted, 1 armoured Warlock, 20 clanrats, 10 vermins, 3 rat ogors and 3 jezzails