The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Seems very feasible. I would put something else new in the box. Something unexpected apart from the leaked weapon.

Possibly the horned-rat demon thing, however big it ends up being. While the regular wave would have a lovecraftian behemoth (but now I may be just wishlisting)

5 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think Kurnothi might still not be exactly what this forum thinks they are. They could also be 'normal' Sylvaneth that follow Kurnoth, like the Kurnoth hunters and Belthanos.

Well, I call them Kurnothi because it is what most ppl use, but I agree. Kurnothi = Trees that worship Kurnoth, in terms of minis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think Kurnothi might still not be exactly what this forum thinks they are. They could also be 'normal' Sylvaneth that follow Kurnoth, like the Kurnoth hunters and Belthanos.

I'm thinking a mixed warband of aelves, forest spirits and satyr/ centaurs like in the dawnbringer short story. 

Edited by Baz
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Gotta explain a bit more my reasoning behind jezzails  being on the starter box

imagen.png.6fc5aeb3c23facdd780bc7afc95efa22.png

INITIAL ASUMPTIONS

So, Im not gonna use the current kits because... well, a change from metal/resin to plastic brings a lot of changes as well for a sprue. Im looking into this at a conceptual level.

Also, we're beginning this with the principle in mind of jezzaisl getting a refresh. Still could not happen. Gonna asume it will happen because then what's the fun of this lol

Ah, and also, Im asumign from the beginning that a refresh would mean jezzails getting a plastic kit by definition. Kinda doubt it's not gonna happen, tho, as GW nowadays hates anything than plastic for their main systems. And this is an AoS army...

And, btw, its heavily implicated that GW will avoid any possible multi-use of this unit for The Old World. How? Who knows. My concept is going to be based on the current kit, but GW could allways add some shenanigans to avoid a TOW use, like putting three rats intead of 2 for the crews, more fussiles per base... who knows.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ON A STARTER BOX?

Well, what are some properties that all starter box kits tend to share? Well, basing this piece on the Leviathan kit, we can say that starter box kits tend to be:

1) Monopose-ish (the von ryans have some variance via altering the angles of the members)

2) Can have their own bases

3) Push to fit

4) Few pieces per model (alltho this is changing as of late)

5) Easy to build (in theory)

WHAT COULD THE CHARACTERITICS OF A JEZZAIL KIT BE?

Well, let's see what we have on a basic level:

A) Two rats handling each rifle (one with the weapon, another for the shield)

B) Three of the four available hands are ocupied handling the weapon and shield

C) Limited size of unit

D) There has never been a hero modelled to lead this unit on a conceptual level

I can continue, but there's a whole main idea: THE JEZZAILS ARE DANGEROUS AND VERY HEAVY (let's call it (E)). The whole concept of this unit must translate to the player that this is big ******, this is something that can shoot down monsters, artillery or havy infantry, so it needs to be represented like that.

CRAZY REASONING-THING

Thing is, this isn't a model that allows for a lot of modularity. Thanks to E) the only way we can get this being multimodular is by changing the weapon. But that cannot happen. Why? Because current GW kits allways fuse the weapon handler with its weapon, or part of it.

You can change the end term of the weapon, but there's a reason why GW will struggle to do this with jezzails: because of the shield. To keep the idea of jezzails being heavy, it must be still suported by the shield. And the shield (or part of it) will also come fused with its handler...

Also, if you make this into a regular kit instead of a starter box kit, how do you modelate it? Because of B) there's not a lot of room to operate with this particular kit. What, you gonna make the 4th arm handle diferent types of knives?

Yes, OF COURSE, Games Workshop could radically change the concept of jezzails to make them fit better with their current ideas for miniature modelling. Please, READ THIS carefully before furiously typing why I'm wrong and your wishlist is correct: this is jsut speculation, speculation that comes after a lot of reasoning, investigating, comparing, and analysing, but speculation nonetheless.

GW could change jezzails, or not refresh them at all... but, why bother? If you want a non-monster spetial unit for a skaven starter box... jezzails are perfect!!! You put a unit of 3, 6 rats in total, and now you just have 6 more rats on the puddle. And a kit that, as we've seen, has been born to make it into a starter box kit. Youre already spending a lot of ressources into doing modular kits for other units for a very big wave. So, why not put on the box a unit that has allways been meant to field on little units either way?

So, that's why I think that, besides infantry, monsters, and characters, there's going to be jezzails on the starter box.

My reasoning is perfect, I can't fai-*BOOOOOOOM*

Well, CoS also have a lot of cannons with shields and in many cases they are separated. It could be the case here as well. Good reasoning anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Well, CoS also have a lot of cannons with shields and in many cases they are separated. It could be the case here as well. Good reasoning anyway.

Fair enough, but remember 1) and 4): the crew is most probably going to come fused on the sprue. With the two skavens having some parts put together to avoid 3d printing, like what we've seen on the leaked skaven machine sprue.

Again, you can make other skyrre units possible, ofc, but why bother if it's a perfect fit for a starter box.

Edited by Garrac

38 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

More like being made into dogs

I’m not 100% on OBR lore but I really like the idea of these constructs being powered by souls made from a mix of talented trackers and hunters, mixed with those of the most obedient slaves, to create something that is both an incredibly efficient and dangerous hunting animal but also completely obedient.

19 minutes ago, Baz said:

I'm thinking a mixed warband of aelves, forest spirits and satyr/ centaurs like in the dawnbringer short story. 

For a warcry warband of kurnothi, I'd expect maybe 4 regular aelves like Qulathis, 2 or 3 satyr aelves, 1 or 2 centaur aelves, an animal familiar pet, big tree revenant/small kurnoth hunter and then the unit champion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

CoS did you say?

In my own personal wishlist based on nowt, Kin of the Stag are humans (and if I'm really lucky dwarves and elves) visually similar to Darkoath who have abandoned civilization to hang out in the woods and are (in with the Kurnoth) part of Sylvaneth.

I think the Dawnbringers lore says they were expelled from the Crusade. Not sure if that means they are also expelled from the City.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Snarff said:

I think everyone is aware of this possibility by now, but I think it safe to say I'm not alone in much preferring the other type of Kurnothi. A Kurnothi warband in the vein of the underworlds warband or the cursed city hero would be an instant buy. Some slightly different looking Sylvaneth would not. 

• Like 4

Just now, Chikout said:

I think everyone is aware of this possibility by now, but I think it safe to say I'm not alone in much preferring the other type of Kurnothi. A Kurnothi warband in the vein of the underworlds warband or the cursed city hero would be an instant buy. Some slightly different looking Sylvaneth would not. 

Agreed.

I think it would be a nice theme if Sylvaneth got some Qulathis aelves with some big cats and Ossiarch with the hunting dogs.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

One thing to note too when it comes to Warcry, we have seen multiple "units" from one release ala the Hunters of Huanchi with Terrawings so it could be a satyr group and pets or base elves with a couple centaur.  Not super likely but there is precedent.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I understand why people think so, but I'm personally still more of a fan of the normal Sylvaneth Aesthetic rather than the Wood Aelf aesthetic.

With this season of Warcry focussing so much on animal companions, think it would be a big missed opportunity to not give Sylvaneth a warband with tree-aelves and more insects as well. For me, a warband of Kurnoth hunter-like Sylvaneth with big attack beetles/dragonflies/grasshoppers alongside them would be an instant buy. A warband of Aelves that look like Qualthis would be a pass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snarff said:

I understand why people think so, but I'm personally still more of a fan of the normal Sylvaneth Aesthetic rather than the Wood Aelf aesthetic.

With this season of Warcry focussing so much on animal companions, think it would be a big missed opportunity to not give Sylvaneth a warband with tree-aelves and more insects as well. For me, a warband of Kurnoth hunter-like Sylvaneth with big attack beetles/dragonflies/grasshoppers alongside them would be an instant buy. A warband of Aelves that look like Qualthis would be a pass.

Seems that we are the exception 😅 I would like also some insects to build some sort of CoS Ghyran-themed minis, but at least reading this thread seems that fauns and mutated elvens are the path that most people want. If GW is clever in following the trends (which I think it is) they would release that at some point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I’m not 100% on OBR lore but I really like the idea of these constructs being powered by souls made from a mix of talented trackers and hunters, mixed with those of the most obedient slaves, to create something that is both an incredibly efficient and dangerous hunting animal but also completely obedient.

One of my favourite bits of OBR lore is that generally, Ossiarchs don't advance through the ranks. Instead, they are purpose-built to be leaders and only get demoted into progressively more menial roles as punishment for failure. I think that says a lot about Nagash and his vision of an ideal society. That guy is pretty big on punishing people, not so much rewarding them.

• Like 8

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Seems that we are the exception 😅 I would like also some insects to build some sort of CoS Ghyran-themed minis, but at least reading this thread seems that fauns and mutated elvens are the path that most people want. If GW is clever in following the trends (which I think it is) they would release that at some point.

What I would personally really like is for the mutated Aelves/Fauns to be the Aelf part of cities, mixed with the Freeguild Aesthetic in some units. I think they'd fit perfectly as the more regular mortals of the realms alongside the humans and Duardin, better than they fit with the Sylvaneth. They can even be expanded just like the Darkoath, to be their own army or be mixed into CoS. Just like a Dispossessed update would do perfectly in CoS as the mortal Duardin of the realms, much better than they fit crammed into either KO or FS. And we need upgrade kits for Freeguild to include Aelves and Duardin as well to really unify the force.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

One of my favourite bits of OBR lore is that generally, Ossiarchs don't advance through the ranks. Instead, they are purpose-built to be leaders and only get demoted into progressively more menial roles as punishment for failure. I think that says a lot about Nagash and his vision of an ideal society. That guy is pretty big on punishing people, not so much rewarding them.

Its like a scientist in a way. If a model fails he build another to do the job. Kinda makes sense for a personal army of robot like skeletons. And it seems like hes moving on from the humanoids, it makes Ossiarchs a lot more interesting imho.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Its like a scientist in a way. If a model fails he build another to do the job. Kinda makes sense for a personal army of robot like skeletons. And it seems like hes moving on from the humanoids, it makes Ossiarchs a lot more interesting imho.

I'd really like OBR to be imitations of/take inspiration from more armies. Originally, OBR are kind of death Stormcasts, constantly being revived but with multiple souls crammed into one construct. Imagine the OBR bone construct of a Maw-Krusha, or Alarielles beetle. Or just Ironjawz Brute-like constructs Would be very cool

Edited by Snarff

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Is it you Ruination Chamber?

image.png.186f97e13514e399c368e81ad55dd352.png

I was checking this thread looking for images to take inspiration for my army and seems this is a real "ruined" Stormcast.

I hope ruination chamber is in the starter set and they look like Ionus !

99120218082_IonusCryptborn2.jpg?fm=webp&

• LOVE IT! 1