The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, cwningen said:

Sigmar lied. He was actually the Great Horned Rat.

Skavencast Eternals will flood the realms, yes yes.

I do wonder if there will be some follow-on from the Hamilcar novel here. 

• Like 1

Not showing up in the battletome straight away doesn't always mean they won't get units, I guess? Wildercorp dropped right after CoS released, basically every other WarCry units has dropped outside of the battletomes. Sneaky and smelly rats are perfect units for Warcry teams and I could definitely see them getting updates through that 😊

WarCry seems to be a lot like Killteam in that it's a fantastic game by itself but GW mostly use it now as a way to get more units out for armies as a way to guarantee more sales. I don't think that's a bad thing either to be honest, it means that whackier units/concepts that could've been unlikely to be released outside of WarCry get to see the light of day. With WarCry units getting kinda "double" sales from being used in AoS too, it should guarantee the game system's success and longevity too

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

What’s interesting is what will be revealed at adepticon, as last year we only had the announcement it was happening alongside one mini for the two leading factions, however some things are guaranteed to be different, for instance last year it was revealed at Wfest, which isn’t happening this year (although they could still do an online preview) and a large reveal that was almost certainly intended for adept was leaked and revealed (Darkoath) this means they will likely fill that preview slot with something else rather than shrinking the amount of reveals, especially since Adepticon is massive for GW, will it be filled with a full reveal? I can’t know for certain especially since they could wildcard online wfest still, but it does leave the opportunity for it to be revealed at adept

Edited by Deakz28

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wildercorps is in the CoS tome. If new Plague Monks are in the works at all, I would expect them to either be in the book from the start, or coming a good while (a year plus) later.

They've already done Plague Monks for Underworlds, so I would imagine there's a pretty good chance of a full unit being in the works foir release at some point:

https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/wh-underworlds-skabbiks-plaguepack-2023-eng

4 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Wildercorps is in the CoS tome. If new Plague Monks are in the works at all, I would expect them to either be in the book from the start, or coming a good while (a year plus) later.

If we get the index thing with 4th Edition then we won't be getting Tomes straight away. So new e.g. Plague Monks could show up as a warband a while after launch of 4th and before the battle tome.

Iirc this is what happened with Space Marine scouts.

Ok, my predictions for Adepticon 2024:

AGE OF SIGMAR

-Dawnbringers 6 anounced

-4th ed anounced

-They show brief teases of a new sigmarine unit and the new clanrats (nothing else, the entire starter box will be showed up much later down the line)

THE ULTRAMARINES GAME

-The new Chaos lords plus their launch boxes

-GSC and SoB hqs

-The summer army (whether it's Blood Angels or Agents)

KILL TEAM

-The new votann pioneers vs brood brothers box

WARCRY

-Im gonna enter my villain era if GW doesn't release a new Eshin unit that sends the ninja monkeys to the trash

THE OLD WORLD

-New dwarf-things

WARHAMMER 30K

-Perhaps a second wave of solar auxilia? Or space marine characters, something like that, yeap

Edited by Garrac

40 minutes ago, Freypal said:

I do wonder if there will be some follow-on from the Hamilcar novel here. 

I really hope so, with a Thunderstrike Hamilcar model and a new novel. He's such a cool and fun character, really deserves a model.

• Like 1

Just now, xAres said:

They haven't released Nightmare box yet so I wouldn't keep my hopes up.

There's allways a KT panel on adepticon, and they did anounce the night lords while Salvation still wasnt released.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

We don't know yet which games will be in the preview, right?

Nope, it should be anounced either today or before wednesday I guess

Either way, can't be later than thursday since the instagram/twitter teases start 6 days prior

Just went back: on 2023 Adepticon was anounced with 11 days prior (March 13th-24th) on a monday

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/03/13/tune-in-for-next-weeks-seismic-warhammer-preview-at-adepticon/

So I guess it's fair to asume they might anounce the panels today

On 2022 Adepticon was anounced just 3 days prior, but back then I think GW wasnt still making the instagram/twitter teases

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Garrac said:

AGE OF SIGMAR

-Dawnbringers 6 anounced

-4th ed anounced

-They show brief teases of a new sigmarine unit and the new clanrats (nothing else, the entire starter box will be showed up much later down the line)

WARCRY

-Im gonna enter my villain era if GW doesn't release a new Eshin unit that sends the ninja monkeys to the trash

THE OLD WORLD

-New dwarf-things

WARHAMMER 30K

-Perhaps a second wave of solar auxilia? Or space marine characters, something like that, yeap

I would say:

AGE OF SIGMAR

-Dawnbringers 6 announced + its minis. And maybe a little preview about Darkoath rules.

- 4th ed announced

- They show brief teases of a new sigmarine unit and the new clanrats (nothing else, the entire starter box will be shown up much later down the line)

WARCRY

- I doubt we would see rats in warcry. I think will be a Nurgle vs Idoneth (based on the REs).

THE OLD WORLD

- New dwarf-things

- Also date for the Orruks.

WARHAMMER 30K

- Mechanicum? I think rumours were talking about them.

Edited by Ejecutor

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say:

AGE OF SIGMAR

-Dawnbringers 6 announced + its minis. And maybe a little preview about Darkoath rules.

WARCRY

- I doubt we would see rats in warcry. I think will be a Nurgle vs Idoneth (based on the REs).

THE OLD WORLD

WARHAMMER 30K

I think you’re on money with Nurgle V Idoneth although I think mechanicum are next year release

Edited by Deakz28

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say:

AGE OF SIGMAR

WARCRY

THE OLD WORLD

WARHAMMER 30K

You don’t believe in V4 announce for Adepticon ?

Just now, EntMan said:

Aren't there meant to be upcoming Vespids for Kill Team? Or are they for later?

Acording to Valrak, votann vs BB are first. Then the next KT season would be about jump infantry, featuring vespids as one of the kits.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just pointing out that last year at Adepticon they announced new 40k with some model reveals but then at the end of the preview they also spent around 45 minutes going through all sorts of things like small rules changes, datacard reveals etc so hopefully more of the same for aos 4 this year. 

Edited by Baz
  • Like 2