The Rumour Thread

11 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, but last year before Adepticon they started teasing the new Ed:

So what kind of tees do we expect something animated a shadow silhouette of a skaven wath do you al think?

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Which is the criteria to put the Silent Ones in Order right now? It is the last GA n my mind with the few things that we know.

It is a bit of speculation. If they are not that aggressive all the time and they are an intelligent species, I would place them in Order. Something like being territorial, but able to get deals with the rest of the Order factions... wouldn't be that different from DoK or Malerion. If they break that aggressive barrier, then Destro 100%.

57 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Same could be said for Destruction. All factions worship Gorkamorka in a way.

Chaos - Chaos.

Death - Nagash.

It is not exactly, Order factions have a more direct relationship with their gods and leaders.

Chaos is more adoration and worship.

Death is a servant to Nagash. Even Ushoran who was the rogue one is a servant now

Destruction is more about who is the apex predator. The presence and influence of Gorkamorka in all the factions are more and more diffuse over time during this edition.

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

So what kind of tees do we expect something animated a shadow silhouette of a skaven wath do you al think?

Maybe something along the lines of the pics before a preview. Something enigmatic that looks like could have some relation with Skaven.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Did we have a Dawnbringer box with similar costs to Krethusas box? Trying to figure out Krethusas cost.

My guess is the same as Sekhar, did they already release the pricing for her?

Yeah. There was one, the Sekhar one. Same exact value, but we don't have her released alone yet.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

An Order faction must have a relationship with Sigmar's Pantheon.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Nagash and even Gorkamorka were part of the Pantheon at some point in the Age of Myth. If, for whatever reason, Morathy just backstabs (again) Sigmar, it would be not diferent from other Gods that just walked away from him to start their own business in another Grand Alliance. 

But GW can't do that, it will have a direct impact on the tabletop (losing Mercenaries, Allies and Regiments of Renown). That's why I think this kind of Grand Alliance stuff are just shackles for writters and designers. It doesn't serve as something that players will enjoy appart from being a very artificial way to divide armies in GW e-shop.

Btw, reading Ghost of Barak-Mhinoz: Shadow-Aelves, Ogros, Orruks and "weird stuff" walking around the City of Barak-Mhornar, even a Mistweaver showed up.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think making Silent People Order-aligned would make them too similar to Seraphon. A savage and bestial yet stoic and intelligent race with advanced yet primitive looking magitechnology (albeit the Silent People's creations are more biotech)?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Honestly, I think making Silent People Order-aligned would make them too similar to Seraphon. A savage and bestial yet stoic and intelligent race with advanced yet primitive looking magitechnology (albeit the Silent People's creations are more biotech)?

Death have Ossiarch

Order have Seraphon

Chaos have Chaos Duardin

13 hours ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Looks like Katakros might end up becoming the main character of Death this edition, given him giving out orders during DB4 to halt expansion and take up defenses and this most recent White Dwarf segment featuring Karash, his Liege-Immortis. 

image0.jpeg

Very interesting, thanks !

Dual box Nurlge Daemons vs Ossiarch incoming, then.

The vision Karash and Katakros suffer appears Nurgly : Four Maws, three Eyes - trilobe of Nurgle (4+3 = 7), amorphous laughters, etc. 

Also, lots of potential Nurgle and Ossiarch Rumor Engines. And this is probably a Morghast Hero feet resting on a PLAGUEBEARER SKULL 100% 

F10bM2HqIX3Y9C7V.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

Also, lots of potential Nurgle and Ossiarch Rumor Engines. And this is probably a Morghast Hero feet resting on a PLAGUEBEARER SKULL 100% 

F10bM2HqIX3Y9C7V.jpg

Maybe...this is a Silent People Underworlds Warband!?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Maybe...this is a Silent People Underworlds Warband!?

Nurgle Daemon vs Silent People next Underworlds Starter Set (Adepticon Reveal ?) would be quite a disappointment to me, but why not ? Still, that skeletal feet decidedly looks Ossiarch to me. 

On 3/8/2024 at 7:58 PM, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I remember clearly that one of previous gw designers (Cavatore iirc?) said that before making ogre kingdoms one of the other "ideas" was a humanoid insectoid army crossed with japanese elements so it's not the first time gw is thinking for the fantasy system a new insectoid race.

BTW I remember that rumor too (It came alongside the "Allies Contingents" Fake Rumors on Warseer, at the time of the real Hastings and Harry !). The Firebelly was said to have such insect relic on him (that blue head) : 

99810213004_Firebelly01.jpeg.c7a0e9dead5e085ee48e9179c5bc1db0.jpeg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Nurgle Daemon vs Silent People next Underworlds Starter Set (Adepticon Reveal ?) would be quite a disappointment to me, but why not ? Still, that skeletal feet decidedly looks Ossiarch to me. 

BTW I remember that rumor too (It came alongside the "Allies Contingents" Fake Rumors on Warseer, at the time of the real Hastings and Harry !). The Firebelly was said to have such insect relic on him (that blue head) : 

How have i never noticed this XD.

30 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I don't know if that bell was supposed to be something else, but definitely looks like an insectoid head.

Edited by Ejecutor

I just noticed how unique the box design is for Callis and Toll. Could be because they're wh+ tie ins, but I'm also thinking we could be pptentially looking at the box design for 4th edition releases, and I for one would be happy, I like it much better than the current red ones

99120299096_CallisTollSavioursofCinderfallStock.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1