The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Vagard said:

disappear from AoS as it is now

I don't see a scenario where BoC are simply erased from the game

example : S2D, CoS, Orruks

What's left in CoS? 4 profiles of the Empire and as many dwarves, with a Darkoath style box resolved.

Orcs and Goblins in ToW have not taught spiders or savage , so it would not be strange for them to be exclusive to AoS or discontinued.

And Warriors... too popular and best-selling to remove from any game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

What's left in CoS? 4 profiles of the Empire and as many dwarves, with a Darkoath style box resolved.

Orcs and Goblins in ToW have not taught spiders or savage , so it would not be strange for them to be exclusive to AoS or discontinued.

And Warriors... too popular and best-selling to remove from any game.

Maybe I understood your post wrong, but TOW Orcs  & Goblins armylist has the giant spider as mount for characters, Goblin Spider Rider Mobs and the Arachnarok Spiders. Savage orcs are included, but they are an upgrade for the Orc Mobs. Which results in all the options Savage Orcs had. (Frenzy, Warpaint, big stabbas (and all the weapon options)). 

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

even the corpse cart could use a glow up).

As I'm working on my FEC I've come to the conclusion that this should be an FEC unit or at least a new dual army kit. 😁

Also an update to old and new additions to the deathrattle side of things would be most welcome. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Alright! New siege rules! This goes perfectly with my planned “Fell Forge of Hashut” and “Church of The Great Jackal” sorry ideas. Thanks GW, I owe your rules team big time.

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am on the line of those who think that Duardins have more chances to stay than Delfs. They have been mentioned way more lately. If Delfs go, who would you put for the Privateers? Humans?

I think "Elves" will stay, but only the pirate part of them, so you have elven pirates, human soldiers, and dwarven something, i think maybe they will still be technololgically steampunk guys, but more primitieve and ground based than kharadrons, e.g more dieselpunk/ww1 type technology, theres a bit of art i've been eyeing thats in this style, dont remember whos the artitst, but i think it could be really cool to see something similar in CoSdawi.png.d348941dc56130e3933d4742f181f64e.png

• Like 3

Guess I’m late to the party but the Dark Oath look amazing. In the 30ish years I’ve followed Warhammer, I’ve never collected any Chaos until now (probably). I bought a Warriors of Chaos army book out of curiosity; I’m guessing it was 5th edition (black cover I think). What I loved about it was that a fair amount of the background focused on the tribesmen as opposed to warriors, etc. Some tribes followed Chaos willingly, some out fear, and many because they knew nothing else and had no other options. The stories really sparked my imagination and made the tribes more complex and interesting.

Unfortunately, Marauders looked the way they do, and they were a small part of the range. This'd new release has me excited to explore those stories again, and I’m pretty confident that I’ll be getting my first Chaos force.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Danaork said:

This rules look good, but they are so specific for Cities of Sigmar that it's hard to believe that other armies are going to use them (unless a conversion is done, like a blood fountaint for DoK or Korne).

But reading about "siege war machines" put a smile on my face, I woudn't mind to see a continuation of this in 4.0.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Maybe I understood your post wrong, but TOW Orcs  & Goblins armylist has the giant spider as mount for characters, Goblin Spider Rider Mobs and the Arachnarok Spiders. Savage orcs are included, but they are an upgrade for the Orc Mobs. Which results in all the options Savage Orcs had. (Frenzy, Warpaint, big stabbas (and all the weapon options)). 

They can be eliminated with the new expansion book, images from them have not been shown for promotion or announcement and instead they can be eliminated in AoS. It wouldn't be the first time that GW releases rules for something and after a year or two discontinues miniatures or scenography.

Edited by Peacaf

25 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am on the line of those who think that Duardins have more chances to stay than Delfs. They have been mentioned way more lately. If Delfs go, who would you put for the Privateers? Humans?

The opposite seems more likely. The "current" dispossessed dwarfs look exactly the same as the dwarfs from TOW. It are also all pre-AoS sets. While Dark Elves are no core faction in TOW. So it seems more likely dat Dark Elves will get a big update, be it either through CoS or Malerion faction.

Also why give dispossessed new kits for CoS or through a new battletome, while FS and KO really need a range expansion.

If dispossessed got a revamp, they need everything new. New characters, new infantry, new kit for gyprocopter/bomber and new stuff. As every dwarf entry CoS has is included in TOW (with the exact same mini's).

How they can re-imagine dispossessed without looking to hard as dwarfs from TOW?

While with Dark Elves they can go crazy, new Hydra, new Black Dragon, more dynamic infantry, bigger cold ones and other crazy / cruel stuff. But I think it will probably not happen within CoS but within their own new faction. It would be a fantastic opponent for the Luminith Elves. 🙂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peacaf said:

They can be eliminated with the new expansion book, images from them have not been shown for promotion or announcement and instead they can be eliminated in AoS. It wouldn't be the first time that GW releases rules for something and after a year or two discontinues miniatures or scenery.

What are you saying? Do you mean with expansion book the Arcane journals? The Arcane Journals don't elimate stuff. They add stuff (new armylists). It's add on for the forces of Fantasy or Ravening hordes. The Arcane journals aren't needed to play one of the core factions. It's a bonus

GW isn't going to remove anything from the two big armybooks for TOW. It's more likely that they stay the same for the next decade.

Imo you are making stuff up.

• Like 2

The Fact that Dispossessed and Delfs are still in the CoS book indicates to me that they're both probably safe at least until CoS get another book in a few years. 

Wanderers (Welfs?) and Phoenix Temple going is a stronger indication of what's coming in the near future IMO - Kurnothi as a AOS-ified version of Wanderers, and a Phoenix Temple replacement for LRL, probably including Tyrion.

Just now, mawhis117 said:

The Fact that Dispossessed and Delfs are still in the CoS book indicates to me that they're both probably safe at least until CoS get another book in a few years. 

Wanderers (Welfs?) and Phoenix Temple going is a stronger indication of what's coming in the near future IMO - Kurnothi as a AOS-ified version of Wanderers, and a Phoenix Temple replacement for LRL, probably including Tyrion.

If the those index rumours are true, than in 6 month times all battletomes are replaced.

18 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

I think "Elves" will stay, but only the pirate part of them, so you have elven pirates, human soldiers, and dwarven something, i think maybe they will still be technololgically steampunk guys, but more primitieve and ground based than kharadrons, e.g more dieselpunk/ww1 type technology, theres a bit of art i've been eyeing thats in this style, dont remember whos the artitst, but i think it could be really cool to see something similar in CoSdawi.png.d348941dc56130e3933d4742f181f64e.png

I am out of reactions. But this is simply A W E S O M E.

12 minutes ago, Beliman said:

This rules look good, but they are so specific for Cities of Sigmar that it's hard to believe that other armies are going to use them (unless a conversion is done, like a blood fountaint for DoK or Korne).

But reading about "siege war machines" put a smile on my face, I woudn't mind to see a continuation of this in 4.0.

Who needs more? :P

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

What are you saying? Do you mean with expansion book the Arcane journals? The Arcane Journals don't elimate stuff. They add stuff (new armylists). It's add on for the forces of Fantasy or Ravening hordes. The Arcane journals aren't needed to play one of the core factions. It's a bonus

GW isn't going to remove anything from the two big armybooks for TOW. It's more likely that they stay the same for the next decade.

Imo you are making stuff up.

Do you know that Bretonnia and Khemri had rules and points in AoS? There may come an expansion page or a faq that spiders and savages informing you that they are going to legacy.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I am out of reactions. But this is simply A W E S O M E.

I would imagine them getting pistols and rifles with axehead bayonets for ironbreakers with pistol-axe + shield or rifle-greataxe loadouts, and irondrakes as pazergrenadier teams with over the shoulder panzerfaust type things

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gutsu17 said:

I would imagine them getting pistols and rifles with axehead bayonets for ironbreakers with pistol-axe + shield or rifle-greataxe loadouts, and irondrakes as pazergrenadier teams with over the shoulder panzerfaust type things

Dragon grenadiers if you will

52 minutes ago, Danaork said:

So, Triumph and Treachery in one book, siege rules in another... These are the things historically we would see in a General's Handbook.

Just beginning to wonder if we're going to see one this year at all. It would have an incredibly short shelf life, after all.

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't know, but if you live near Nottingham and want any (recent) FOMO minis there's a very good chance they are currently available at Warhammer World this week.

I picked myself up two Steel Rooks today. Tempted to pick up a second Darkoath warchief but decided one was enough. You can also get the Fyreslayer and Votann minis, as well as Inquisitor Cartavolnus, as well as many more.

And there was masses of stock in today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't know, but if you live near Nottingham and want any (recent) FOMO minis there's a very good chance they are currently available at Warhammer World this week.

I picked myself up two Steel Rooks today. Tempted to pick up a second Darkoath warchief but decided one was enough. You can also get the Fyreslayer and Votann minis, as well as Inquisitor Cartavolnus, as well as many more.

And there was masses of stock in today.

It’s annoying they handle it like that. Just put those models on the web store during an event 😕

• Like 4