The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

This is the second post from Book V, considering the book is normally announced the same week as the 4th short story, we would get Book V announced the 9th.

I think even earlier "Things are going from bad to worse in the Mortal Realms, and yet more depredations are to come in Dawnbringers Book V: The Shadow of the Crone, which is coming to a pre-order near you very soon… "

Probably preorder 2nd of March ;)

Edited by cyrus
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

How exactly is the Era of The Beast gonna end? That’s my big question at the moment, because IIRC, it’s almost entirely because Kragnos is active, and unlike Nagash, he doesn’t seem to be able to create avatars. 

What tier do your think Kragnos belongs to? Hes clearly not Gorkamorka level, maybe Morathi? I wouldnt rate him that much higher than Gordrakk that is said to be an actual avatar of Gorkamorka. Gordrakk is no god though. Im asking because im wondering what he could do besides making earthquakes.

Edited by Gitzdee

20 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

How exactly is the Era of The Beast gonna end? That’s my big question at the moment, because IIRC, it’s almost entirely because Kragnos is active, and unlike Nagash, he doesn’t seem to be able to create avatars. 

We already know that the Draconith duo and Kroak are currently fighting him as of Dawnbringers III, we just need a resolution to that battle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

What tier do your think Kragnos belongs to? Hes clearly not Gorkamorka level, maybe Morathi? I wouldnt rate him that much higher than Gordrakk that is said to be an actual avatar of Gorkamorka. Gordrakk is no god though. Im asking because im wondering what he could do besides making earthquakes.

He’s definitely not on-par with Sigmar or Nagash, who would probably club him like a seal, and probably fairly easily too. I don’t personally rate him much higher than Morathi, and might even rate him on-par with Ushoran, since IIRC the fight between him and Gordrakk hurt him, and Ushoran is stupidly strong and far smarter than most people in-universe give him credit for. 

4 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

He’s definitely not on-par with Sigmar or Nagash, who would probably club him like a seal, and probably fairly easily too. I don’t personally rate him much higher than Morathi, and might even rate him on-par with Ushoran, since IIRC the fight between him and Gordrakk hurt him, and Ushoran is stupidly strong and far smarter than most people in-universe give him credit for. 

To be fair, in order to stop him Morathi was not enough, she joined Kroak and someone else who cannot I remember? So I would put him above Morathi.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cyrus said:

I think even earlier "Things are going from bad to worse in the Mortal Realms, and yet more depredations are to come in Dawnbringers Book V: The Shadow of the Crone, which is coming to a pre-order near you very soon… "

Probably preorder 2nd of March ;)

@CommissarRotke, this gave me an idea.

• Shorts 1 - 5 refer to book 1 at the end of the article.
  • Shorts 6-9 refer to book 2. The 10th has no direct reference.
  • Shorts 11 - 13 refer to Book 3. The 14th and 15th have no reference either.
  • Shorts 16, 17 and 19 mention Book 4.
  • Shorts 18, 20 and 21 mention Book 5.

So maybe they are reducing the number of shorts per book and, as @cyrus said, the book comes even earlier.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Anyone played a multiplayer game with DB IV rules?

They look good but really wacky unless all players decide to play with lists dedicated to this mode (so, you bring that 600+ points wizard? too bad that he "can't cast spells" during the entire game). The plots are so strong that all lists should be tunned in the sense that a "gotcha" moment can happen anytime.

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

To be fair, in order to stop him Morathi was not enough, she joined Kroak and someone else who cannot I remember? So I would put him above Morathi.

Yeah, he’s definitely stronger, but also that’s me complimenting Ushoran. He needed 3 Mortarchs to bring him down last time, and probably has gotten even stronger 

I wouldn‘t use the narrative as a clear indicator who‘s the mightiest, just saying. Different authors use different constellations to hype various figures. There are different kinds of strength too so even between the same two heroes/villains the outcome could go either way, factor in the circumstances and it‘s a coin toss. I guess Kragnos is somewhere in the god-beast tier, I‘d argue gods outrank god-beasts but depending on circumstances god-beasts could slay gods. I guess the strongest gods would be very likely winners however but the same could probably be said about strong god-beasts.

Either way, it‘s difficult to say anything concise. They‘re all strong but Kragnos has the ugliest face. 😋

• Haha 3

One of the things I thought was quite clever about Broken Realms was titling the first few books after known quantities and established personalities, then swinging in Kragnos for the final one, to my mind that immediately works to place him on roughly the same level as Morathi, Teclis, and Belakor.

Now, narratively I don't know that that particularly holds true, but I do think it was a deliberate choice made to help associate him with that sort of middle-weight named hero bracket.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, the abilities of all these characters happen to be represented by numerical stats, so surely figuring out which is more powerful is just a matter of comparing their warscrolls?

I don't think the warscrolls are a good source of trust either. In the end their stats are limited to what the whole faction/ factions where it is used would be capable of doing with it in the army.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Well, the abilities of all these characters happen to be represented by numerical stats, so surely figuring out which is more powerful is just a matter of comparing their warscrolls?

Urgh. I'd say tabletop gaming ability and power in the lore are very different creatures. 

Otherwise the Talon and Voice of Slaanesh are really very rubbish, and will be utterly ineffectual in the fiction. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Urgh. I'd say tabletop gaming ability and power in the lore are very different creatures. 

Otherwise the Talon and Voice of Slaanesh are really very rubbish, and will be utterly ineffectual in the fiction. 

Yeah, I mean gods like Nagash would be able to solo armies several times what you field in a game of AoS rather easily most likely.

I mean, you aren't wrong, the Talon and Voice of Slaanesh are both rubbish in game and in the fiction! I guess maybe the voice may have utility but is it the avatar of a god of chaos that many thousand worshipers turned up witness being born? No, no it isn't.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Rubbish so far. I'm still hoping their time will come and something epic and awesome will happen. Something to make their daddy proud. Hoping.... 

True, I am hoping that timeline wise they are still in their infancy and learning their powers, and they will steadily grow into something pretty scary.

Fingers crossed for 400+ points each, and obviously worth the cost. I mean for a start why is the Voice, the wizard and support one, a basic 1 cast 1 unbind no modifier caster? The literal progeny of Slaanesh is no better than a basic shardcaster.....

41 minutes ago, Tetheus said:

I've been away for awhile. Do we have a good rumor round up right now?

In order of releases:

Dawnbringers VI including a mid size release of Darkoaths + Lade of the Ruin (Varanguard leader). Maybe Khorgos Khul ascended.
4th ed box: Stormcast vs Skavens.
During 4th ed: Chaos Dwarfs.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

50 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

In order of releases:

Dawnbringers VI including a mid size release of Darkoaths + Lade of the Ruin (Varanguard leader). Maybe Khorgos Khul ascended.
4th ed box: Stormcast vs Skavens.
During 4th ed: Chaos Dwarfs.

I'd like to add that it looks like Arkhan might make his return with a new model sometime this edition, since everyone and their mother in GA Death agrees that he's coming back.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I'd like to add that it looks like Arkhan might make his return with a new model sometime this edition, since everyone and their mother in GA Death agrees that he's coming back.

I only listed those that have been confirmed by trusted sources. There are other hints like Vandus getting a new model. Beasts going out/ getting a refresh, the OBR RE...

So hopefully the Pyre and Flood box is announced for pre order tomorrow. It does kind of feel with the recent Painting masterclasses being for dogs (Wildercorps solo release) then the next week being Nighthaunt that it has to be soon.

We still need news on what the next warbands will be, especially since even the roadmap didn't announce which grand alliance they would represent, so a lot to speculate but realised one thing they could do now (doubt it for the next one since Wildercorps was pretty recent) is a Darkling Coven or Disposessed warband now that cities have split in to 3. Honestly the idea is quite exciting and hopefully rumour engines eventually point towards it.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2