The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Wait, Zenestra is death aligned? Isn't she the Sigmarite fanatic?

She is a character full of mysteries. Many saw her getting a mortal hit and she is still around. So there are rumours about her and the skeleton on the back of her palanquin. Imo a fascinating new character.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah, her human form looks to be an illusion. However she does have holy power too as

Spoiler for the King Trugg fight in Reign of the Brute

-

she summons a giant wheel of light that invigorates the human fighters with it’s spoke beams while incinerating the grots it touches while when Trugg touched it he was sent flying into a mountain side and made a comical hole through it.

-

So she’s either a powerful Hyshian Lich mixing light and undeath or she is legit blessed by Sigmar and his wheel aspect(which Tbf can be pointed out with that conversation I quoted he had with Alarielle with the cycle of life) as we have seen him embrace necromantic powers before such as the Lord-Relictors who were former necromancers or Shyish princes that turned from Nagash and were reforged for their knowledge in soul control to protect the Stormcast souls returning to Azyr.(among other powerful death magics they unleash in the lore like bringing leviathan skeletons to life to topple fortresses)

• Like 5

Didnt think much of it at the time but im starting to believe the cursed city heroes are the future looks of CoS. So showing us the duardin and aelf factions. If CoS and Dawnbringers was really that much delayed it could be true.

We got the necromancer style heroes, the ogor, the witch hunter style models. Is this telling us we are going to see Qulathis style kind of the stag wanderers back and these steampunkish duardin with a less metal look. 

Edit: also love how grimdark CoS became with some of the models.

image.png.f64da423b5bb03f9a866dbb11e53ad2e.png

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Didnt think much of it at the time but im starting to believe the cursed city heroes are the future looks of CoS. So showing us the duardin and aelf factions. If CoS and Dawnbringers was really that much delayed it could be true.

We got the necromancer style heroes, the ogor, the witch hunter style models. Is this telling us we are going to see Qulathis style kind of the stag wanderers back and these steampunkish duardin with a less metal look. 

Dagnai is 100% kharadron. The metal beard is part of the breathing device of any Ancestor Mask, as we already seen with Torrk Lenssen secondary head:
s-l1200.webp

He has less "armour" than Admirals because he is a Trade-Commodore, and his power-backpack has the tools for his job (think about an upgraded Captain, but with more logistic stuff to do). His boots, emblems, axe and trousers follow the same design as any Arkanaut pattern. His main diference is that he is wearing this (awesome) fancy coat and a customized weapon, but that's not really unique because any character with enough wealth to spend on equipments has a customized weapon, as we saw with Brokk or Dreki Flynt:

warhammer-age-of-sigmar-kharadon-overlords-drekki-flynt.jpg

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Dagnai is 100% kharadron. The metal beard is part of the breathing device of any Ancestor Mask, as we already seen with Torrk Lenssen secondary head:
s-l1200.webp

He has less "armour" than Admirals because he is a Trade-Commodore, and his power-backpack has the tools for his job (something like a Captain with more logistics on his part). His boots, emblems, axe and trousers follow the same design as any Arkanaut pattern. His main diference is that he is wearing this (awesome) fancy coat and a customized weapon (like  Drekki):

warhammer-age-of-sigmar-kharadon-overlords-drekki-flynt.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up. My Duardin Fu is not that strong. I still think the overall look but less KO could happen for CoS.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Cleona and the knight lady are absolutely ripe for expansion, for religious cults and heavy troops respectively. it would be cool if Kurnothi stayed in COS to an extent since they're confirmed as more of a cult/mutation than separate beings.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

thoughts:
-Nagash's lands under assault from Skaven line up with Whitefang saying watch for Death as a 4e protagonist/deuteragonist
-Ushoran's bits with past lives ALSO supports it.
-if Zenestra is Death aligned (slash A Lich) thats another point for Whitefang's prophecy
-feels like Aqshy crusade will fail if they've been overruled by Zenestra and the Cult of the Wheel is finally having material consequences for not wanting wheels used.
-"Kin of the Stag" may turn into another Cult that gets models, seems to be multiracial, and would help the alliance of Alarielle and Sigmar (@baron klatz's story link)

LOTS more about Death stuff. Unless there's other buildup elsewhere it kind of seems like Skaven are coming out in Shyish!

I think Zenestra 

Spoiler

is the Cinder God

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: also love how grimdark CoS became with some of the models.

Lol oh wow that is pretty much the look for all the major parts of the faction, but it was also a warning that we all missed.

No CoS dwarfs or no elves lol..................................................

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Where was this deity mentioned?

At first this was my least fav model but the lore makes it so much better. I feel like it has some vibes similar to the Black Coach as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

At first this was my least fav model but the lore makes it so much better. I feel like it has some vibes similar to the Black Coach as well.

Completely. We need more new named characters like Zenestra. The Marshall leading the Ghyranite crusade has potential as well.

• Thanks 3

On 2/20/2024 at 7:41 PM, Baron Klatz said:

Oh dang! Maybe we will see Clans Shrykt in AoS4 afterall as the new “Kruleboyz”?

Maybe they'd fit more as a warcry warband?

On 2/20/2024 at 8:39 PM, Gitzdee said:

Ties in with the Death antagonist rumour we had a while back? We all fighting undead Skaven soon? Could the new RE be a Skaven Necromancer staff?

I'm pretty sure Whitefang mentioned Death **Pro**tagonists, not antagonists ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DoctorPerils said:

Maybe they'd fit more as a warcry warband?

I'm pretty sure Whitefang mentioned Death **Pro**tagonists, not antagonists ;)

Katakros has been stated to be preparing the Bonereapers for something, and I suspect that it has to do with the upcoming Skaven events, while

Spoiler

"A mysterious hooded lich" (Who is probably Arkhan) has been showing up, speaking Nagash's will, and then vanishing with their troops (A thing Arkhan has been stated to be doing in the Bonereapers battletome). Maybe Arkhan or Katakros get to be the protagonist for a bit this edition, alongside a Bonereapers Wave 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Katakros has been stated to be preparing the Bonereapers for something, and I suspect that it has to do with the upcoming Skaven events, while

Reveal hidden contents

"A mysterious hooded lich" (Who is probably Arkhan) has been showing up, speaking Nagash's will, and then vanishing with their troops (A thing Arkhan has been stated to be doing in the Bonereapers battletome). Maybe Arkhan or Katakros get to be the protagonist for a bit this edition, alongside a Bonereapers Wave 2.

I mean is the death protagonist not Krethusa the Croneseer? She worships/is the avatar of/is maybe actually, Morai-Heg. who is an Elven death/fate god, an purportedly helps the good guys out. The cult of aelves that splinter off from DOK, that worship Morai-Heg, would essentially be Death Elves.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I mean is the death protagonist not Krethusa the Croneseer? She worships/is the avatar of/is maybe actually, Morai-Heg. who is an Elven death/fate god, an purportedly helps the good guys out. The cult of aelves that splinter off from DOK, that worship Morai-Heg, would essentially be Death Elves.

why-not-both.jpg.80926a50a985613a94e4667c7c395769.jpg

evidence of Zenestra being somehow aligned with Death has been there since she was announced.

and unless there's been other breadcrumbs elsewhere DB 3/4 seems to heavily suggest the Skaven are gnawing their way into Shyish en masse--to the point where Nagash's forces have to pull back offensives AND put aside infighting. Even if Skaven attack a different realm, there is no way they won't be in Shyish too.

Death being put on the backfoot by Skaven could open up another alliance with Order, whether through Zenestra or not.

Edited by CommissarRotke

52 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Have we teasing warhammer world miniatures last year ?

Um, well, digging down Warhammer twitter account seems like you're right! There weren't any teasers, or not any that I've managed to find. Which is suprising since that preview, via articles, showed O'Shovah and Arks of Omen IV. Huh.

Edited by Garrac