The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I expect the lack of roadmap for aos may just be because there aren't gonna be any army books until 4th now and 40k has one with a lot to go still. For me, overall I thought the whole show was great, I don't really care for 40k currently but kroot and mandrakes are awesome. Don't like the hh militarum guys to be honest, guard have always been my least favourite 40k faction though they're just so generic and uninspired imo, even compared to space marines, while overdone to hell they still have some unique design elements. Loved all the aos stuff though 

I think the Solar Auxilia are anything but generic tbh, they have bike chain backpacks for crying out loud :P

• Like 3

Could Krethusa possibly be the glue that would set up a Malerion/DOK book?

She opposes Morathi and has a different dark aelf look. Could she be the main character of their version of the waghh for a mixed dark aelf sub faction. 

Maybe those Mandrakes have me hard on Malerion hopium but growing sense he’s getting close 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Flippy said:

the lack of any sort of roadmap at the beginning of 2024

Why do you want a roadmap for aos? We are just missing one release for warcry and 3 Dawnbringers and all of them but maybe dw4 will be in spring.

2 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

She opposes Morathi and has a different dark aelf look.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. With Krethusa, the DoK faction takes for the first time a look at another Elf divinity that isn't Khaine. Krethusa isn't a Daughter of Khaine anymore - she's an Ulgu Elf associated with Morai-Heg. That's a big deal for a faction whose whole identity was "worship of Khaine". It means new opportunities to expand the faction beyond "monstergirls in bikinis" towards something more associated with Ulgu in general... more a faction of Elves of shadows, which opens a possible way to Malerion, his Elves and a reunion in a single BT.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

She opposes Morathi and has a different dark aelf look. Could she be the main character of their version of the waghh for a mixed dark aelf sub faction. 

Maybe those Mandrakes have me hard on Malerion hopium but growing sense he’s getting close 

It'd make sense that they're putting dark riders/warlocks in a box set given they'll likely be replaced/disappear come the release of a dark elf reboot

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. With Krethusa, the DoK faction takes for the first time a look at another Elf divinity that isn't Khaine. Krethusa isn't a Daughter of Khaine anymore - she's an Ulgu Elf associated with Morai-Heg. That's a big deal for a faction whose whole identity was "worship of Khaine". It means new opportunities to expand the faction beyond "monstergirls in bikinis" towards something more associated with Ulgu in general... more a faction of Elves of shadows, which opens a possible way to Malerion, his Elves and a reunion in a single BT.

Is interesting that Krethusa is all about visions and omens, that narrative could give us hints about things to come, like why skavens are the problem in 4th edition, where are we going, maybe some intel about chorfs or malerion/tyrion.

DW5 seems promising.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I kinda want the dragon to be the animal of the Heaven temple. A seahorse or a kelpie would be nicer for the Water temple. But at the same time, it must look humanoid like the Mountain or Wind spirit... that's difficult to imagine.

100% and I find to hard to pick which would work the best!

Whatever animal they pick has to:

• be somewhat humanoid since it will be a unit itself (based off the last 2 we got)
  • not clash with the bulls and foxes we got so far
  • not step on Deepkin model range (unless GW forgot about them lol, then its a seahorse),
  • be a good representation of "embodying the momentum of rushing water in combat as they leap, twist, sway, and strike with fluid fury"

That why I land on dragon or regular horse since fills those checkbox mostly, but I also know I am not creative enough to come up with other river creature ideas.................... its been a while since I watched River Monsters lol.

Also just looking up the water dragons from Spirited Away and The Priory of the Orange Tree and yaaaaaa I can see it being that.

image.png.ebca1c98c29d298c299ed3908bd01060.png

91jJM3OtsML._SL1500_.jpg.8e10c9bd5cffc6c4692f8f68c7427cc8.jpg

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Why do you want a roadmap for aos? We are just missing one release for warcry and 3 Dawnbringers and all of them but maybe dw4 will be in spring.

A fair question. I was really glad with the previous roadmap (for the army books). It revealed (to some extent) when will a specific faction receive at least some attention. “Attention” usually turned out to be a single foot hero, but that’s a different matter.

I would like a similar approach for every year. They can keep their surprises, but some general outline (e.g. new edition confirmation and date, some information on factions that are supposed to receive major updates in the next six months) would be very welcome.

10 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

So here we go with the full RE solving list:

rDmH1L46HKwRAnbu.jpgHfaHAdiNoHy1zW9e.jpg

19BeN1HqsJMJC6SY.jpgHUzVP1AsIyIFaUky.jpg

n5NWV5ivD9uMNfbi.jpgfOjtU9CYZtMieAGE.jpg

lQkrxTcQ4TWMPA7b.png
MUcryJYw2mQdxsRD.jpg

JHvmB8UP8XX00vve.jpgLPYFDzt92cpfYWKv.jpg

dMIncHk9yyDVg2Bk.jpgWskDkUG5KUJVu4an.png

uSX11H3SAwQUa10i.pngDqG9uwEP37vymJMi.jpg

The almost resolved ones. These two look obviously Kroot related, but these particular ones don't look to be solved to me based on the painting and the runes. @RyantheFett

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpgIIhDnheezEcQ54gB.jpg

I have the same issue with this one. Looks Kroot, but looking closely I don't see their swords with those spikes. Maybe it is the pic.

Rkvwl99GzJK9292M.jpg

I don't see this one either:

Z98BP5YD0W92O8wT.jpg

I think that's all.

The necromancer skull staff was maybe a rumor engine?

16 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

• be somewhat humanoid since it will be a unit itself (based off the last 2 we got)
  • not step on Deepkin model range (unless GW forgot about them lol, then its a seahorse),
  • be a good representation of "embodying the momentum of rushing water in combat as they leap, twist, sway, and strike with fluid fury"

That why I land on dragon or regular horse since fills those checkbox mostly, but I also know I am not creative enough to come up with other river creature ideas.................... its been a while since I watched River Monsters lol.

Also just looking up the water dragons from Spirited Away and The Priory of the Orange Tree and yaaaaaa I can see it being that.

Bulls and foxes aren't really humanoid, but they did do interpretations. The new models have a horse head on their helmets, so it might be right in front of us. Its not like there isn't precedent either, LOTR had the scene where the river was turned into horses by galadriel, There's also the kelpies of gaelic mythology.

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

An aelf. Based on a chat from whatsapp both the females of the group are aelvens.

2 hours ago, madmac said:

None of the added characters in the warband are from the novels. Silver Shard did have an elven rogue character but her name was Shev and seem unrelated to the new girl. Basically it's like what they did with Blacktalon, everything except the titular character(s) are a retcon. In any case it looks like all the newbies are associated with Hammerhall specifically while Callis and Toll are from Excelcis so it kinda makes sense that there's no overlap.

That is exciting news as it means that we have a number of new characters to look forward to, and also further evidence for how the various Races of Cities will have a more unified cultural aesthetic as seen with Lyssa, Verentia, Brutogg Corpse-Eater and the Ogor Warhulk.
Dawnbringer-Callis-and-Toll-Saviours-of-
CRIj33zrqhIKbQ04.jpg
Brutogg_M01.jpg
With Cursed Cities featuring a Khardron Duardin and a Kurnothi Aelf, I was thinking they'd only include varied races through allied armies. So the idea of truly integrated units or armies have me very excited, although I am curious how Duardin might impact unit movement speeds if they were to make integrated units. But of course these characters might be unique and not representative of future Cities releases but still they have provided me with an inkling of hope. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

@Neverchosen AoS already has mixed units. Various Chaos Warcry warbands with AoS rules. I.e the dwarf included with the Iron Golems has the same speed as the rest of the group. So faster than i.e fyrslayer dwarfs. 

I guess 5" will the speed for mixed units.

I liked the Blacktalons and I like this group. The miniatures are amazing. I am not 100% certain if this is the way to go for units with AoS rule wise.

I will certainly buy this unit.

Edited by Tonhel

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@Neverchosen AoS already has mixed units. Various Chaos Warcry warbands with AoS rules. I.e the dwarf included with the Iron Golems has the same speed as the rest of the group. So faster than i.e fyrslayer dwarfs. 

I guess 5" will the speed for mixed units.

I liked the Blacktalons and I like this group. The miniatures are amazing. I am not 100% certain if this is the way to go for units with AoS rule wise.

I will certainly buy this unit.

It is funny, I have a number of Warcry units and it didn't even occur to me to consider them as an example. Still I am hoping that we get some cool new units featuring more model diversity like a Royal Guard featuring Duardin and Aelves, a Naval Unit with a Duardin hero, a Human firstmate and an Aelven Helmsmen, and a roving band of primarily Halfling higwaymen lead by an Ogor. Also if we get a new Steamtank having multiple options for the Commander would be perfect.

Also more gargoylians in every unit. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Ragest said:

Honestly we know the roadmap for half this year so far.

Book 4 -> Boxes and FEC
Book 5 -> Mora-Heg + Callis and Toll
Book 6 -> S2D and maybe Korghos
4th Ed -> SCE (rumoured first ed minis moved into Thunderstrike) vs Rats

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Neverchosen said:

It is funny, I have a number of Warcry units and it didn't even occur to me to consider them as an example. Still I am hoping that we get some cool new units featuring more model diversity like a Royal Guard featuring Duardin and Aelves and a roving band of primarily Halfling higwaymen lead by an Ogor.

Also more gargoylians in every unit. 

I am in favour of mixed races within units for CoS, StD and other Chaos battletomes. They just need to provide enough bodies otherwise they will look to fast as clones. I.e now we 5-10 human bodies per set. If the same amount needs to be divided by race. Than it will be humans have two bodies, elves will have two bodies and etc.. 

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I am in favour of mixed races within units for CoS, StD and other Chaos battletomes. They just need to provide enough bodies otherwise they will look to fast as clones. I.e now we 5-10 human bodies per set. If the same amount needs to be divided by race. Than it will be humans have two bodies, elves will have two bodies and etc.. 

I don't think we would see that multiple-bodies approach. We tend to have more heads and arms than bodies, so we could easily end with a box where you are supposed to build 10 minis but can build 15 or more. And GW dislikes that cause... money.

5 hours ago, RyantheFett said:

yes i also think that it could be a chinesse dragon like. 

but like u said it could be a seahorse since gw dont remember the forgotten army, so they could release a lumineth deepmare again xD

still has a sliver of hope that any of my 3 armyes get some spotlight in the canpaign since we have more books.

armored lumineth are great, not armored one... are way worse.

i also think water wont get anything more with the excuse they are triying to revive his spirit, so they dont need to release something elf sea like before doing it for the sea elf army lol

dok hero is perfect, an oracle like on a fast glimpse, is perfect.

Edited by Kitsumy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Zondaras. I recall seeing a vaguely beast of chaos looking rumor engine and being bummed when It was just the "bestial necromancers" staff.

Got you.

image.png.6fc889427eecb8f6e222267ad99e0b3d.png

They are not exactly the same.

3tiqPznI3obS7seI.jpg

It has to be this one. It is missing the staff bit, but it is the only one that is something close.

• Like 1