The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I would say this is unlikely. We got IJ as a result of the narrative. The order book has passed already, so the only way that LRL got a new wave is either in the rumoured book 5 or 6, with the narrative closing, or after the narrative. In both cases, I think it is too early to tease something from that time.

Well, we know the next edition is going to be in Ulgu, and we know that Moragi-heg or her cult has a mini waiting to be released out of the order book, and i don't know something better to tease an Ulgu-centric edition than a clash between dok and lumineth.

7 minutes ago, Ragest said:

I was thinking about the only army that cares aka Lumineth and about the new temple and then I realized that battle traits in lumineth are tied to the temple keyword and with no update on the book, that poor river temple warband will come with no rules at all.

So maybe, MAYBE, is not just one warband, is the complete river temple with a supplement giving them new rules like ironjawz.

Considering that the warband will likely include River Temple guys on different levels (e.g.: Alarith Stoneguard, Stonemage equivalents) and probably some small water elementals, maybe it could be split up into several different units for the main game, like "River Temple Warriors" unit, "River Temple Mage/High Warrior" leader, and "River Elemental Mini-horde" special unit?

19 minutes ago, Ragest said:

Well, we know the next edition is going to be in Ulgu, and we know that Moragi-heg or her cult has a mini waiting to be released out of the order book, and i don't know something better to tease an Ulgu-centric edition than a clash between dok and lumineth.

We have no clue where the next ed is going to be. Ulgu and Chamon seem to be the top 2, but nothing has been confirmed.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

+++MOD HAT ON+++

Just going to get in front of this before it takes off. Reminder that this is an AOS forum first and foremost. We have dedicated threads to TOW so any speculation about Mondays reveal please feel free to make a topic there.

@As other has posted this seems a bit to much and uncool. I have seen enough posts about mini previews for Blood Bowl and that's not a problem then? It's also not situated in the AoS universe.

Didn't you also not post how you would AoStify that blood bowl Minotaur? 🙂

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 12
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

@As other has posted this seems a bit to much and uncool. I have seen enough posts about mini previews for Blood Bowl and that's not a problem then? It's also not situated in the AoS universe.

The difference is when Bloodbowl, Necromunda, Horus etc get posted  the entire thread doesnt get derailed for hours if not days at a time.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

The difference is when Bloodbowl, Necromunda, Horus etc get posted  the entire thread doesnt get derailed for hours if not days at a time.

This thread is derailed 90% of the time. This seems more a case of envy. Not saying that it is, but it seems so. When there are again AoS previews / rumours than this thread is back on track. When there is no news, the thread is always derailed. It's the nature of this thread. 😄 

Edit: it also means that a lot of people here like both, talk about both and even hope to see some rules port over to AoS (Character customization).

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

This thread is derailed 90% of the time. This seems more a case of envy. Not saying that it is, but it seems so. When there are again AoS previews / rumours than this thread is back on track. When there is no news, the thread is always derailed. It's the nature of this thread. 😄 

The-railed Rumour Thread

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

When there are again AoS previews / rumours than this thread is back on track.

And in between is 3 pages of "I want Kurnothi!" Geedubs, give this sick mob their pansy-fauns already!!! 😜😁

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Edit: it also means that a lot of people here like both, talk about both and even hope to see some rules port over to AoS (Character customization).

Our jobs as Mods are to keep the site running as efficiently as possible and to make it a safe friendly place for all visitors. I have no envy nor bias to any system. I was introduced to Warhammer via WHFB and have nothing but fond memories. 

The same will be done in The Old World thread. If AOS is being discussed there, feel free to notify the mods and we can push the discussion back towards TOW.

Im just trying to do a job, an unpaid job I might add, to help run the site.

To accuse me of having envy or any ill will towards TOW or its fans is frankly ridiculous. 

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

We have no clue where the next ed is going to be. Ulgu and Chamon seem to be the top 2, but nothing has been confirmed.

WF reacted to Ulgu if I'm not wrong, and the Morai heg RE is still there and the order book was dw3.

And the principal problem is, again, that temples have their own battle traits and if that warband comes alone, it won't have any rule apart from lightning reactions and aetherquartz.

3 minutes ago, Ragest said:

WF reacted to Ulgu if I'm not wrong, and the Morai heg RE is still there and the order book was dw3.

And the principal problem is, again, that temples have their own battle traits and if that warband comes alone, it won't have any rule apart from lightning reactions and aetherquartz.

Then that's another point in favour of the Mandrakes rather than the River temple.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Then that's another point in favour of the Mandrakes rather than the River temple.

But WF reacted to River Temple aswell.

So we have Morai heg or morai heg related mini, we have river temple announced in warcry, river temple needs its own battle traits to have rules and, like you said, order tomeme was DW3.

So, we are going to have dw6 covering the final act, or maybe there are some books coming before 4th like DoK itself in the previus edition or that warband has no rules at all (maybe until an index?) and Morai heg is chaotic or is an order release in dw5.

Edited by Ragest

13 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Our jobs as Mods are to keep the site running as efficiently as possible and to make it a safe friendly place for all visitors. I have no envy nor bias to any system. I was introduced to Warhammer via WHFB and have nothing but fond memories. 

The same will be done in The Old World thread. If AOS is being discussed there, feel free to notify the mods and we can push the discussion back towards TOW.

Im just trying to do a job, an unpaid job I might add, to help run the site.

To accuse me of having envy or any ill will towards TOW or its fans is frankly ridiculous. 

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

Good luck than. It's almost impossible to moderate that. I mean AoS and TOW are way to entangled. Half of the posters in the TOW thread are already posting how the can base their mini's so they can play both systems with the same mini's. Which is great! I hope for tomorrow that the preview is about the legacy pdf's and not a mini, but if it is an Orc or Dwarf mini, people here will post about in this thread and talk how they could use it in CoS or Orruk Warclans. That's just the way it works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ragest said:

But WF reacted to River Temple aswell.

So we have Morai heg or morai heg related mini, we have river temple announced in warcry, river temple needs its own battle traits to have rules and, like you said, order tomeme was DW3.

So, we are going to have dw6 covering the final act, or maybe there are some books coming before 4th like DoK itself in the previus edition or that warband has no rules at all (maybe until an index?) and Morai heg is chaotic or is an order release in dw5.

WF reacting doesn't mean it would be imminent. It could be in the next preview or 8 months. Mandrake seems imminent on the other hand. Night Lords need their paring for Kill Team, and Mandrakes has been the long-term rumour for that.

I agree about Dawnbringers 6. Hopefully, they release a roadmap so we can shed some light on future releases.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Could it be possible the Morai-heg model is for 40k instead? She's the progenitor of both the Howling Banshees (unlikely, it's a pretty new kit) and the Croneswords the Ynnari are trying to collect. 

Pretty sure only Ynnead, Cegorach and Khaine (in shard form) are still "alive" from the aeldari pantheon.

And we've had this DoK inner conflict between Morathi and some crone prophets setup already.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Pretty sure only Ynnead, Cegorach and Khaine (in shard form) are still "alive" from the aeldari pantheon.

And we've had this DoK inner conflict between Morathi and some crone prophets setup already.

Aye, but people can still use her iconography or give her praise I suppose. She's just as dead in AoS, after all!

I know Hellebron was referred to as Crone, and she was mentioned in Covens of Blood, so who knows? I'm curious to know what it turns out to be no matter what it is! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Thank you - this makes sense. The release of a system will always generate a lot of buzz.

Back to AoS rumors: my track record with sources is mixed, but I’ve heard Seraphon, Cities, Nighthaunt, Deepkin, Fyreslayers, and Orruk Warclans are being targeted for changes other than points adjustments with the upcoming battlescroll. I’m no Whitefang, so these are nowhere near confirmed! Just what I’ve heard. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4