The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

Aww. Wasnt it a glorious time. 

Jus' got somethin' in my eye... 

I used to go to town with dad every two weeks and, once again, but "surprised" that an savage orc boar boy was £2.99 and not £1.99 (£1/week pocket money) and my dad, being the sucker he is, would make up the difference. Still took me weeks to build a single unit of 5 (not helped when my mum went to town instead of my dad: she was much less of a sucker). Good times, good times.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What a weird day. It is pretty quiet. Nothing released on warcom so far. Are we expecting the warscroll for today?

The only issue with the warscrolls is that next week we have LVO. They may not want to change up a lot with such a major tournament next week. The new stuff would not be valid, but they may still want to wait?

21 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The only issue with the warscrolls is that next week we have LVO. They may not want to change up a lot with such a major tournament next week. The new stuff would not be valid, but they may still want to wait?

Also, if they did want to do rule-updates, 40k allways comes first.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EntMan said:

I expect it'll be a dismissive off hand comment in the middle of a Space Marines video.

He has mentioned a couple of times on streams about the new edition for AoS being the big release in Summer with the armies being Skaven and the 'Sigmarines', so he's confident too.

Whitefang is enough confirmation we need though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Garrac said:

Just checked on valrak channel and can't find even a single video where he talks about AoS (safe for the christmas boxes), I don't really know from where come these "valrak confirms skavens vs stormcasts starter box" rumours.

The thing about Valrak is that he does have all the leaks for all the games and often throw out some info for AoS or other game offhandedly. He has said AoS 4.0, but I don't remember if he said Skaven or not.

He just truly does not care about anything outside Space Marines. Like even other 40k factions take second place to the great Space Marines. I been watching a lot of his videos for the new Tau units and it has been painful.

Which is sort of strange since he is clearly deep in the YouTube algorithms and you think he would try and get a few extra clicks lol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, pitzok said:

Seems someone was typing a little too fast.

Screenshot_20240111_171751_Chrome.jpg

GW editorial stuff has always been pretty lacklustre, the amount of spelling and grammar errors I've seen in white dwarf issues and game books as well as warcom is pretty high. I've heard it's worse in other languages too

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

The thing about Valrak is that he does have all the leaks for all the games and often throw out some info for AoS or other game offhandedly. He has said AoS 4.0, but I don't remember if he said Skaven or not.

He just truly does not care about anything outside Space Marines. Like even other 40k factions take second place to the great Space Marines. I been watching a lot of his videos for the new Tau units and it has been painful.

Which is sort of strange since he is clearly deep in the YouTube algorithms and you think he would try and get a few extra clicks lol.

I really can't stand Valrak's content. He managed to grow an audience by reading out every far-fetched rumor he could find on DakkaDakka until he became so big that actual inside sources started coming to him with information. Mega fanboy for the Space Marines to the point that it is super obnoxious, and I have tried to watch a few of his release streams just to get a better view of what kind of person he is, but his backhanded comments about Necromunda, AoS, and MESBG and subsequent "JuSt A pRaNk, bro" comments whenever he gets any form of pushback is just pathetic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, EntMan said:

Has he said anything yet?

New box of nothing but new Kroot, like the Dark Angles box shown off.

• 2 heroes
  • 20 new kroot Carnivore
  • cavalry (He was not sure if the shadow thing we saw one of the solo heroes or part of the unit)
  • a big gun (Last rumor video he also mentioned Krootox rampagers or something like that which may go with the cav. or the big gun rumor)

He thinks they will show Tau next week and that they should come out next, but is not 100% sure.

It has been painful going thought all his stuff, like pulling teeth. If its not Space Marines he truly does not know or care. Will be interesting to see if treats TOW the same way as everything else lol.

Edited by RyantheFett
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

9 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

I really can't stand Valrak's content. He managed to grow an audience by reading out every far-fetched rumor he could find on DakkaDakka until he became so big that actual inside sources started coming to him with information. Mega fanboy for the Space Marines to the point that it is super obnoxious, and I have tried to watch a few of his release streams just to get a better view of what kind of person he is, but his backhanded comments about Necromunda, AoS, and MESBG and subsequent "JuSt A pRaNk, bro" comments whenever he gets any form of pushback is just pathetic.

When I was more interested in space marines I appreciated that at least he isn't a grognard that hates everything primaris for no reason, at least a couple years back he was generally positive towards GW and didn't gripe about every release. Not sure if he's gotten worse now though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

• 2 heroes
  • 20 new kroot Carnivore
  • cavalry (He was not sure if the shadow thing we saw a solo or part of the unit)
  • a big gun (Last rumor thread he also mentioned Krootox rampagers which may go with the cav or the big gun rumor)

Can't wait!!! 🖤🐔 I'll be making an OPR Jackals army though. 😏

So much Valrak hate. He's just a dude talking about what HE likes.

Not my fav content creator either and definitely not a Peachy, Vince, honest Rob, Rogue Hobbies, but ease up. Don't have to watch him. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

• 2 heroes
  • 20 new kroot Carnivore
  • cavalry (He was not sure if the shadow thing we saw a solo or part of the unit)
  • a big gun (Last rumor thread he also mentioned Krootox rampagers which may go with the cav or the big gun rumor)

He thinks they will show Tau next week and that they should come out next, but is not 100% sure.

It has been painful going thought all his stuff, like pulling teeth. If its not Space Marines he truly does not know or care. Will be insterting to see if treats TOW the same way as everything else lol.

Kroot are good. 

But was hoping also for new Vespids.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Kroot are good. 

But was hoping also for new Vespids.

GOOD NEWS!!!

New Vespid Kill team apparently as well. He has talked about them a lot.

And if you don't play Kill Team, most units come in group of a dozen or so and all have different looks/abilities.

• LOVE IT! 2

56 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

My problem with Valrak is all of what you said, plus his atrocious "Big Rob from the Norf" Bri'ish accent. It's quite terrible to listen to. I didn't knew he likes to throw shade at Necromunday and LOTR though (I don't watch his streams).

Edited by The Lost Sigmarite
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Can't wait!!! 🖤🐔 I'll be making an OPR Jackals army though. 😏

So much Valrak hate. He's just a dude talking about what HE likes.

Not my fav content creator either and definitely not a Peachy, Vince, honest Rob, Rogue Hobbies, but ease up. Don't have to watch him. 

I think part of the problem is that he's very much someone that people have to pay attention to because he does get actual leakers coming to. So whilst most of us can ignore him, the fact that he is a good source of information at times means that people feel the need to pay attention to him. Someone pointed out recently that despite his overall disinterest in knowing what names certain Tyranids have he was still the most accurate source of news for their update. And he has been known to mention things about a whole bunch of games here and there, so it's not just 40k stuff that he's relevant for, you just have to be prepared to put up with the waffle to find those small rumours. The other part of the issue is that some people in these online communities can't switch off. They have a need to be on top of every tiny bit of news possible and for plenty of them, that means watching videos from people known to drop rumours and leaks.

Ignoring that need to see what's happening is really difficult to fight against.

• Like 2

If someone is going to make it their job to report on a game/company, I think the least they could do is... know the names of models in said game. Like why would you not want to be aware of all the factions in 40k if that's your job? How are you disinterested in one of the main antagonists of the setting? It just speaks to a level of laziness that I cannot grasp.

It's one thing to be a hobbyist and not know the names of everything (especially Marines or Stormcast), but if you are taking money from other fans to bring them news on the game?? You should be putting in the effort to know all the factions.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

GOOD NEWS!!!

New Vespid Kill team apparently as well. He has talked about them a lot.

And if you don't play Kill Team, most units come in group of a dozen or so and all have different looks/abilities.

So cool 😀

Going to push my luck and say I was also hoping for more alien races to join the Tau (on the table top)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RyantheFett said:

• 2 heroes
  • 20 new kroot Carnivore

It has been painful going thought all his stuff, like pulling teeth. If its not Space Marines he truly does not know or care. Will be insterting to see if treats TOW the same way as everything else lol.

He did predict stuff for TOW, like how many miniatures were on each box, but on his valrak way, going like "There are gonna be X number of guys on horses and stuff"

I 100% belive he has legit sources as he hasnt failed in 9th, but as you guys have pointed out, he really doesnt care about anything that isnt marines. He may be sitting on a huge krieg rumour leak but doesnt give a damn to tell more.

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 4

Just now, Garrac said:

He did predict stuff for TOW, like how many miniatures were on each box, but on his valrak way, going like "There are gonna be X number of guys on horses and stuff"

Wasnt he relly hyped about Bretonnia?

7 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

If someone is going to make it their job to report on a game/company, I think the least they could do is... know the names of models in said game. Like why would you not want to be aware of all the factions in 40k if that's your job? How are you disinterested in one of the main antagonists of the setting? It just speaks to a level of laziness that I cannot grasp.

It's one thing to be a hobbyist and not know the names of everything (especially Marines or Stormcast), but if you are taking money from other fans to bring them news on the game?? You should be putting in the effort to know all the factions.

Its not like he makes some very invested content, its just talking into a camera about rumors, hes just not that invested as a hobbyist, and if people watch and its enoguh for them, is he the one to be questioned about that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Announcement on Sunday for next Saturday Pre-Order seems likely?

55 minutes ago, Danaork said:

Dawnbringers Chronicles returning, So incredible !

Last time, wasn't there like 4 stories, one per week, leading up to the preorder ? That would make it quite late, right ?