The Rumour Thread

Is there a link between BoC and hashut ? If they get rid of beast of chaos , Is it possible that endless spell and BoC terrain could be used for chaos duardin representing hashut ? Or GW never made a move like this ? 

2 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Is there a link between BoC and hashut ? If they get rid of beast of chaos , Is it possible that endless spell and BoC terrain could be used for chaos duardin representing hashut ? Or GW never made a move like this ? 

None. BoC and Hashut worship (Chorfs) would mostly likely be mortal enemies since Chorfs want dominion and amass power to fuel their industry whereas BoC would do their very best to put sticks in their wheels so to speak. Hashut is about greed and tyranny... And fire. FS have a very different kind of "fire" theme since it is organic wheres Chorfs' fire and steam power come from the furnaces and war machines + daemonic fire entities. 

In other words, overlapping themes does not mean overlapping interests/motives since their origins and results vary greatly. Which is why it also makes little sense when some suggest BoC would work as a Destruction faction. Because if we go down that road most non-order factions could easily be put in Destruction too.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hashut Has more on Hashut. Old world lore but it gives insight on Chorfs and how Hashut may interact with AoS. It also makes me very interested in what the design team comes up when Chorfs enters AoS in force. Very exciting times.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

None. BoC and Hashut worship (Chorfs) would mostly likely be mortal enemies since Chorfs want dominion and amass power to fuel their industry whereas BoC would do their very best to put sticks in their wheels so to speak. Hashut is about greed and tyranny... And fire. FS have a very different kind of "fire" theme since it is organic wheres Chorfs' fire and steam power come from the furnaces and war machines + daemonic fire entities. 

In other words, overlapping themes does not mean overlapping interests/motives since their origins and results vary greatly. Which is why it also makes little sense when some suggest BoC would work as a Destruction faction. Because if we go down that road most non-order factions could easily be put in Destruction too.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Hashut Has more on Hashut. Old world lore but it gives insight on Chorfs and how Hashut may interact with AoS. It also makes me very interested in what the design team comes up when Chorfs enters AoS in force. Very exciting times.

Alright. I thought they could have used the AoS boc models that aren’t ported to TOW and merge them with new chaos duradin . They could have been hashut representation aswell unlike lumineth has aelves and creature range in the army . 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, pitzok said:

This is very off topic rn but has anyone considered the leaked graverobber warband to be FEC? It would make sense right?

You must be mistaken sirrah, robbing graves is far too base and vulgar an activity for the noble followers of the Summerking!

(I don’t think it fits the FEC’s redoubled theme of delusion though there’s no super-obvious faction. Could be a classic necromancer, though we kind of have that relatively recently with the galvanic undead. Could be anti-undead CoS humans or even kharadron looters.)

Edited by sandlemad

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

No link, beyond Chaos Duardin probably use some as slaves. And BoC have their stupid hating the Chaos gods lore so they wouldn’t worship Hashut.

I’m a little late to the party as I’ve been excited about Old World and lost watching many videos from the small city population that are now Warhammer influencers.

Whats this about Chorfs? Whats this cruel Joke about ? 

Look, and please don’t anyone from the Skyports and Deep seas take this the wrong way. BUT Am I getting Chaos Dwarfs like we got Seraphon (Same guys different setting) Or am I getting Chaos Dwarfs but they Now ride Small Boar Turtles and Hashut is now an Old Dwarf. 

I need Plate Armour and Curled or Dreaded Beards (I like Full face helmets as much as Big Hats). I’ve been patient Long Enough JAMES!

37 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Alright. I thought they could have used the AoS boc models that aren’t ported to TOW and merge them with new chaos duradin . They could have been hashut representation aswell unlike lumineth has aelves and creature range in the army . 

That would not go down well. Having your army squatted and merged into a previously unrelated one would annoy players of beasts.

9 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

(I don’t think it fits the FEC’s redoubled theme of delusion though there’s no super-obvious faction. Could be a classic necromancer, though we kind of have that relatively recently with the galvanic undead. Could be anti-undead CoS humans or even kharadron looters.)

Any undead are alright in my book

24 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Leaked graverobber warband?

Underworlds warband that got leaked by some european retailer called "*someone's* grave robbers", I can't exactly recall what the name wss

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I’m a little late to the party as I’ve been excited about Old World and lost watching many videos from the small city population that are now Warhammer influencers.

Whats this about Chorfs? Whats this cruel Joke about ? 

Look, and please don’t anyone from the Skyports and Deep seas take this the wrong way. BUT Am I getting Chaos Dwarfs like we got Seraphon (Same guys different setting) Or am I getting Chaos Dwarfs but they Now ride Small Boar Turtles and Hashut is now an Old Dwarf. 

I need Plate Armour and Curled or Dreaded Beards (I like Full face helmets as much as Big Hats). I’ve been patient Long Enough JAMES!

We don't know how they would look. Just that they are coming during 4th

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RetconnedLegion said:

That would not go down well. Having your army squatted and merged into a previously unrelated one would annoy players of beasts.

Alright just thought that hashut looks like a bull and boc too . Just don’t know very well the lore about boc . But I was terribly wrong about it it seems 

Edited by Grunbag

38 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Some clue about tomorrow "Next week"?

At the rate we are going it is obviously the Chaos Dwarf/Malerion Dual Box with an announcement of 4.0 with re-sculpted Skaven versus Vampirates. Tune in the following week for the first teaser of the next edition of Warcry featuring our first look at Silent People fighting the Children of Morghur. Don't worry 40k fans there will be plenty of Space Marines to keep you occupied, like the new unit of Assault Cyclists and their Horus Heresy equivalents Penny-Fathering Astartes.  

In all seriousness I really hope we get a look at the next campaign book and I am still hopeful that we get a Cities Combat Patrol that is a great add onto the Army box. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

Everything we've received so far that isn't tied to their appearance in AoS as their "Legion of Azgorh" iteration suggests we're getting Chaos Duardin like how we got Seraphon, at least the broad strokes for sure

The newer Hobgrot lore directly references "Hashut-worshipping Duardin" who sell them munitions and metals on exchange for slaves; a 1:1 copy/paste from how they interacted with the nearby O&G tribes in the Old World outside of explicitly mentioning slavery. Hobgrots are independent intermediaries instead of "the most trustworthy slave race" which is a fine update imo

The Horns of Hashut's lore also give some more detail: Hashut is still 100% a big bull, and Chaos Duardin are still "chaos city building expansionists." New stuff here includes a "join us or be enslaved" clause, which has resulted in many nations being eaten by the "Legions of Hashut," losing their culture to the "correct" Hashut monoculture. The Horns are sent out ahead of the "actual" legions to soften a nation up and make it more vulnerable before the Chaos Duardin arrive proper.

So, for their culture, we know they still are city building industrialists who are into bull imagery and still worship Hashut. We know that they've conquered swaths of the realms, crushing the cultures of those they absorb underfoot. We know they've got a working relationship with the Hobgrots, and absolutely still use slaves to get things done.

We don't know what they look like, what they're actually building, or what they've been up to since they seemingly left the right points and all the industrial stuff they were using to mine there: Warcry suggests that the industrial setting is all "abandoned chaos Duardin stuff that still works."

Very excited to see how they could pan out; I'm keeping high hopes for gargantuan hats, though I'll happily convert some myself if need be

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Milliners of Hashut

Hashahut 

Short Kings of Chamon

Now, I know Whitefang has already confirmed the starter will be Posterboys vs Ratdudes but someone on Dakka said they would have loved Chorfs vs Skaven.

And yes, I know the many reasons it wouldn’t be that but I think that would have been really awesome.

Both non-traditional fantasy armies. Horde vs elite. I would have been ‘all over that’ as they say, and I’m a diehard Stormcast fan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

Chamon = good cause Tzeentch stuff for sure😇

Ulgu = good cause coolest realm!

I'll be happy with either, both realms are interesting. I think Chamon would make sense for Chaos Duardin and Ulgu obviously for Malerion. Skaven could be either, really. I figure Eshin screams Ulgu but they seem pretty universal all in all. I do hope we get cool scenery as well... I hope my scenery will turn out dark/desolate enough cause I kinda decided my Tzeentchian cult is from Ulgu. 

Does it really matter if the armies main realm isn't the realm the edition is "in". 3rd edition is in ghur but the current narrative doesn't care about ghur at all.  And the cos refresh is based on asqhys cities and I believe the summerking is in ghyran for his refresh

On 1/6/2024 at 9:40 PM, Souleater said:

Milliners of Hashut

Hashahut 

Short Kings of Chamon

Now, I know Whitefang has already confirmed the starter will be Posterboys vs Ratdudes but someone on Dakka said they would have loved Chorfs vs Skaven.

And yes, I know the many reasons it wouldn’t be that but I think that would have been really awesome.

Both non-traditional fantasy armies. Horde vs elite. I would have been ‘all over that’ as they say, and I’m a diehard Stormcast fan.

I have the definitive one. Legions of Hatshut. Hat-shut 😅

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Does it really matter if the armies main realm isn't the realm the edition is "in". 3rd edition is in ghur but the current narrative doesn't care about ghur at all.  And the cos refresh is based on asqhys cities and I believe the summerking is in ghyran for his refresh

One would think it would matter I guess but yeah, you are right, last edition it didn‘t really matter much. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll be honest, I don‘t care either way, as long as they release cool stuff! 😂 

I'm excited to see how the chaos stunties interact lore wise with Kruleboyz. 

I want to know more about "The war of the Broken promise" betwixt the two. Hopefully it's more than just a lore blurb. 

I stil think Kragnos will play more into things then is currently apparent. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gutsu17 said:

Well, they are ment to not be only the faction of Dwarves, but humans and hobgoblins etc. its just that they are all enslaved

exactly :) they seem like they could be really good narrative foils for "the development of industry" where COS aren't exactly spotless but they do try purifying the lands around cities while chorfs run a slaver empire hellbent on corrupting the lands.