The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Reading your commentary, I just realised as well: what if beastmen are indeed getting a really metal revamp so hard that their factions name changes and the current range goes to TOW?

(Also, as I started on the TOW subforum, its anoying they want to avoid the overlap between AoS and TOW with skavens while the range is THE SAME *loses his mind, again*)

I mean, this may suggest that the Skaven revamp will be significant enough that they'd no longer be the same range.

4 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

I mean, this may suggest that the Skaven revamp will be significant enough that they'd no longer be the same range.

If they wanted me to believe that, then theyd have had to release it before almost any AoS army so far in the latest 6 years, and then tell me its purely now an AoS army

2 minutes ago, Garrac said:

If they wanted me to believe that, then theyd have had to release it before almost any AoS army so far in the latest 6 years, and then tell me its purely now an AoS army

I mean, thats not how this works, right? they update things when they get around to it, not all at once way back ay the beginning of AoS.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

I mean, thats not how this works, right? they update things when they get around to it, not all at once way back ay the beginning of AoS.

Im telling, priorities. Dont delay them to almost the point of the tail. Or am I to believe that at 2021 there was more crowd for kruleboyz, flesh-eaters, or ossiarch bonereapers than for the freaking skavens? Was it a higher priority to implement so many underworlds warbands  before doing a rerange for an army of which 10% of the catalogue dates back to the 90s?

Not that Im saying skavens are bestest warhammer race, and they should have made It the highest priority in warhammer making (alltho, why the hell not, yes, Im already coping anough, lol) but, nine years for some love?????

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Im telling, priorities. Dont delay them to almost the point of the tail. Or am I to believe that at 2021 there was more crowd for kruleboyz, flesh-eaters, or ossiarch bonereapers than for the freaking skavens? Was it a higher priority to implement so many underworlds warbands  before doing a rerange for an army of which 10% of the catalogue dates back to the 90s?

Not that Im saying skavens are bestest warhammer race, and they should have made It the highest priority in warhammer making (alltho, why the hell not, yes, Im already coping anough, lol) but, nine years for some love?????

But nothing can be done about that now. Its in the past. Its over.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

If they were really planning to revamp the whole aesthetic of the Beasts of Chaos, then why did they make a new Beastlord model who is just 100% the original vanilla aesthetic? 

I have no idea, because he is indeed a perfect fit for TOW. Maybe they wanted to throw BoC players a bone. Every 3th edition AoS battletome had at least one foot hero release. So they had to release something for the BoC 3th edition battletom. That beastlord could be easly be designed at the same time when plastic shaman was made and released during 8th.

20 minutes ago, GhostShark said:

But nothing can be done about that now. Its in the past. Its over.

Its not over until adepticon drops (the most posible place for the 4th Ed anouncement, I guess. I dont think LVO previews Will have anything for AoS 4th)

Edited by Garrac
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

If they were really planning to revamp the whole aesthetic of the Beasts of Chaos, then why did they make a new Beastlord model who is just 100% the original vanilla aesthetic? 

The model was probably designed and casted before the decision to restore them to TOW was made. Plus they had to throw them something if they were getting a new tome at the time. Everyone else received something. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Garrac said:

Ive been saying this for a while. If the studio didnt take a chunk of its resources to dedicate to warcray and underworlds then mainline AoS would probably be in a more advanced state then it is now.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 10

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

I actually didn't mean to phrase that as a doom post. I expect TOW to succeed well enough but I don't think I could find a game of say titanicus or necromunda (which I'm to understand is actually quite successful) in my area and I'm hardly in the middle of nowhere so for me PERSONALLY sending beasts to TOW exclusive is the same as squatting them.

No one has confirmed that Beast would be moved exclusively to TOW. So chill for the moment and enjoy your hobby time. There's no need to be stressed about some plastic soldiers cows and goats.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Ive been saying this for a while. If the studio didnt take a chunk of its resources to dedicate to warcray and underworlds then mainline AoS would probably be in a more advanced state then it is now.

And we'd be worse off for it, warcry and underworlds have given us some amazing sculpts for factions that have been pretty neglected otherwise. That's not even mentioning how well both of those games play in their own right

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

We have no idea. I assume they have or will revamp the entire range to make them more AoS. They could do some cool stuff with them or worst case scenario they will be scrapped and only exist in the lore.

It's clear that GW wants to minimize the overlap between AoS and TOW. It seems a bit extreme and for what effect? People use what they want for their armies. If I want to start a WoC army for TOW, I will shop in the AoS Chaos category and certainly not in the older and uglier Warhammer 7/8th edition plastics range.

Although it's cool to know that the AoS Dark Elves aka Malerions faction is coming. This could be one the coolest armies of AoS. Although I hope that they still wil be recognizable as Aelves/Elves.

I am curious how CD will do. They always had a die hard fanbase, but is it really so big? What will this mean for the two other dwarf factions as both really need more unit types and with the hard divide between TOW and AoS, it seems sadly unlikely that will we see some "normal" heavy armoured dwarf AoS faction, which is a shame.

I also think GW will track sales of the TOW plastic / resin sets and compare it with AoS popular and less popular armies. I wouldn't be amazed that certain TOW sets will outsell certain Idoneth/Fyreslayer kits. I fear GW will probably drawn the wrong conclusion out of those sales. 

Don't try to steal me those heavy-armoured dwarfs from my CoS! If they are renewed in some way, I doubt they would have their own faction. Especially since chorfs have been confirmed.

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Don't try to steal me those heavy-armoured dwarfs from my CoS! If they are renewed in some way, I doubt they would have their own faction. Especially since chorfs have been confirmed.

Hopefully when CoS 4th edition comes there will be new sets for CoS dwarfs and elves. I want a new plastic black dragon :) 

Edited by Tonhel

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

I can understand why they left them to one of the latest to be renewed. Their range is quite big, so why would you prioritise resources on renewing them when you have factions with fewer minis or new factions to show to create little by little the ecosystem? Now that everything is more or less settled down they can focus on renewing those good ol factions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ejecutor said:

I can understand why they left them to one of the latest to be renewed. Their range is quite big, so why would you prioritise resources on renewing them when you have factions with fewer minis or new factions to show to create little by little the ecosystem? Now that everything is more or less settled down they can focus on renewing those good ol factions.

I guess I can get that logic, id be more frustrated if I didnt have my spetial units on metal, instead of resin. But really am not asking for that much, i really would have prefered to get rid of all those underworlds bands for at least a single unit in plastic updated.. Was it really that much to ask for these last 9 years?

I'm glad my expectations where confirmed by the Fang, but as said by THW : "Chorfs in 4th Ed." =/= in 2024.

This year we have FEC & Death, then the end of Dawnbringers (Chaos "Maraudeurs", lady of Ruin, etc) & Warcry (LRL vs Nighthaunt), then Skaven and Stormcast. It's PACKED enough !

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I'm glad my expectations where confirmed by the Fang, but as said by THW : "Chorfs in 4th Ed." =/= in 2024.

This year we have FEC & Death, then the end of Dawnbringers (Chaos "Maraudeurs", lady of Ruin, etc) & Warcry (LRL vs Nighthaunt), then Skaven and Stormcast. It's PACKED enough !

Also the year of an edition launch is normally only the two starter factions and some single model battletomes/codexes.

Early 2025 is the first I would expect anything big that isn't Stormcast/Skaven and I wouldn't expect a new faction before middle/late 2025

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

There's no need to be stressed about some plastic soldiers cows and goats.

Very expensive plastic cows and goats with hours upon hours invested in building and painting them, it needs to be said.

On a whole though, I agree, spiralling downwards doom and gloom seems premature since there are several small(er) factions who seem to be ignored only get brought back into the light. In terms of rules, I think BoC has one of the cooler tomes out there. All they need is a bit of a refresher model-wise and they'll be up to snuff again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see BoC get a wave of releases similar to FEC/Sylvaneth during 4th (or late 3rd if 4th is further down the line than the rumours suggest). Looking at the model range of AoS the factions in my most dire need of new models are BoC/Skaven/Ogors. All of these factions have models dating quite a ways back into WHFB.

And with the Chorf hints... I'm going to be on a very weird cocktail of hopium, copium, and hypium. 

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

Its not over until adepticon drops (the most posible place for the 4th Ed anouncement, I guess. I dont think LVO previews Will have anything for AoS 4th)

I doubt it as well. We have to finish the Dawnbringers narrative first.

4 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also the year of an edition launch is normally only the two starter factions and some single model battletomes/codexes.

Early 2025 is the first I would expect anything big that isn't Stormcast/Skaven and I wouldn't expect a new faction before middle/late 2025

What is usually launched in terms of big games when it is not a 40k or an AoS year? Maybe summer is a bit overlaps with that (unknown to me) release. So I would go for autumn-winter 2025.

29 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I don't get why people panic about beastmen going out in aos.

It doesn't make sense,they were supported in these edition so...

I think some are having issues understanding what is being posited. What some (and I) think will happen is the current range of models are going to be ported over to ToW (being that they are Fantasy models in the first place and BoC are a core listed faction for ToW) and BoC in AoS are going to be completely overhauled in one way shape or form to completely differentiate them from the Brayherds in ToW (which will use the current kits) in AoS. 

This has somehow been interpreted as "OMG Beasts are being squatted and thrown in the bin forever!" by some... for some reason. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Malakithe said:

This is exactly what some 40k players say about the studio wasting resources on AoS instead of advancing 40k. Or what has been said about how whole factions should be squatted because they’re pulling resources away from space marines.

It’s a race to the bottom, as an argument, and is meaningfully distinct from discussions about range age and prioritisation.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

It's clear that GW wants to minimize the overlap between AoS and TOW. It seems a bit extreme and for what effect? People use what they want for their armies. If I want to start a WoC army for TOW, I will shop in the AoS Chaos category and certainly not in the older and uglier Warhammer 7/8th edition plastics range.

I don’t really get how it’s clear they want to minimize the model overlap to the extent of it affecting their actual mainline games, beyond that they picked a place and time where the main focus is mostly on factions not in AoS.

There’s already going to be a bunch of overlap in a bunch of minor ways because as the latest of their WHC posts notes, they’re going to use the most recent models for units while having older versions released as made to order options, stuff like modern chaos chosen or the modern treelord are part of the line.

I don’t think GW is going to randomly cut modern kits from the BOC lineup just so they can sell less of them in a different system and even a BOC revamp wouldn’t replace a lot of their modern kits like the breylord and the new beastlord that’s in the same style as the rest of them.