The Rumour Thread

They like to keep the new edition starter stuff under wraps for the most part, so they can build up to the edition launch with the animated trailers and wow factor surprises, etc.  So I wouldn't expect to see very much at all in the way of 4th Ed launch previews until they're gearing into that specific hype window.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The next book is supposed to be the Chaos one, so maybe a new hero in anticipation for the next ed box as this has happened before with other factions like Nids.

How many factions are there left? Havent been following the campaign

And yes, I understand REs are not the Bible written, that's why I pointed out Leviathan not having any single one before release. I don't actually expect nothing shown on previews about 4th until march.

Edited by Garrac

19 minutes ago, Garrac said:

How many factions are there left? Havent been following the campaign

And yes, I understand REs are not the Bible written, that's why I pointed out Leviathan not having any single one before release. I don't actually expect nothing shown on previews about 4th until march.

It is supposed to be at least 12 and we got so far:

• Nurgle
  • FEC
  • Gloom
  • FS
  • IJ
  • SCE
  • Sylvaneth
  • SBGL

So 8/12 unless I am missing anyone from the top of my mind.

To that we have to add the pretty rumored S2D and Khorne. On the maybes side, we have CoS with Callis and Toll and OBR with the Morghast from the RE.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

It is supposed to be at least 12 and we got so far:

- Nurgle.
- FEC.
- Gloom.
- FS.
- SCE.
- Sylvaneth.
- SBGL.

So 7/12 unless I am missing anyone from the top of my mind.

To that we have to add the pretty rumored S2D, Khorne and CoS maybe with Callis and Toll. Maybe OBR with the Morghast from the RE.

You forgot ironjawz got a big release. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummmm, so that leaves only four factions left, and there are 6 more chaos armies whitout anything left as well. That means there's a new rat coming, right? Right? RIGHT???????

They said at least 12. Let's see what happens in the end.

Btw, just finished the filters from the RE compilation site. We only had 3 Skaven RE. Both are for UW. A couple for the same warband in 2017 and another one in 2021.

5 minutes ago, Garrac said:

Ummmm, so that leaves only four factions left, and there are 6 more chaos armies whitout anything left as well. That means there's a new rat coming, right? Right? RIGHT???????

Hopefully! But I‘m afraid they once again will get nothing until their big update. For the record: I hope I‘m wrong!

10 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

They said at least 12. Let's see what happens in the end.

Btw, just finished the filters from the RE compilation site. We only had 3 Skaven RE. Both are for UW. A couple for the same warband in 2017 and another one in 2021.

So the 13th should be Skaven right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, flying_dutchman said:

Are they counting fyreslayers and gorgers getting their warcry warbands in that 12 I'ma say yes and be happy when they don't.

The FS warband is irrelevant as we already got a FS harbinger before. So that faction has its tick anyway. About Gorgers, I am not counting them in.

4 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Rumour Engines site is done for the moment. I hope it helps us to navigate between the ton of content released during the years: https://rumour-engines.netlify.app/

Any feedback is welcome.

Absolutely glorious @Ejecutor ! Thank you.

Two ideas :

• Could we maybe have a button to go directly to the bottom of your site, next to the one leading back to the top ?
  • I don't know nothing about website making but could we also have a kind of "Recap pane" of some sort with all the unresolved RE (so we don't need to scroll) ?

Anyway great work !

• Like 2

AoSSlaaneshLore-Apr18-Lascillon3ukcd.jpg

All I want from dawnbringers for hedonites, though I think HoS wont get anything as its more likely to be genetic STD and Khorne. HoS also were skipped when they did the god aligned warcry warbands (belekor got one over slaanesh) so im assuming we are on backburner a little until next edition. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

The Rumour Engines site is done for the moment. I hope it helps us to navigate between the ton of content released during the years: https://rumour-engines.netlify.app/

Any feedback is welcome.

Hi, this is great, thanks - I will say, filtering isn't immediately obvious on mobile (android, using firefox), am I missing something ?

Could you perhaps open a new thread to centralise any feedback you get? Thanks 🤙

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

All I want from dawnbringers for hedonites, though I think HoS wont get anything as its more likely to be genetic STD and Khorne. HoS also were skipped when they did the god aligned warcry warbands (belekor got one over slaanesh) so im assuming we are on backburner a little until next edition. 

Hedonites got quite a lot last edition, so I also think they'll be on the backburner for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

I kinda hoped we'd also see Boobworm guy and Fatemaster after they've shown the Nurgle Harbinger as the original got released along those two but I've got little to no hope left for them to come out as part of these books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Any feedback is welcome.

Looking great, if I can wish for one improvement it would be that the external links automatically open in a new tab instead of the same one as it has happened a few times now that I mistakenly clicked on one and when going back the filters and scolling position are gone.

And while it would be quite a bit of additional work it would be nice to also get a link to the article/reveal show the model was revealed at in addition to the webstore link

Edited by Matrindur

I think Chaos is in a weird place to be honest in terms of needing model support: 
Slaves to Darkness are the poster faction for Chaos and mostly updated, I feel like they can take a break after Dawn Breakers but somehow I feel like we will see even more.
Skaven and Beasts are in desperate need of re-sculpts and updates, but their armies are actually fairly well rounded and representative of the units that should exist in lore.
The Mono-God factions need a little more support in terms of number of units on the mortal side, but relative to some other factions in AOS are actually not terrible. However, the fact that all of them feel pretty close to reaching their true potential, it feels a little odd that we aren't there yet. Demons do really make a difference though and make these ranges more robust than many other AOS factions. 
Chaos Daemons: I am sad that we lost the Legions of the Dark Prince as a playable faction. I think they should return with some updates on the Demon Infantry and an undivided plastic update of Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes. 
Chaos Duardin: I am going to be brutally honest, I think that they need the support of Slaves to Darkness to get a release. With Slaves to Darkness pretty much entirely updated, I think that Games Workshop will want to continue supporting the villains and they see there is a demand for Chaos Dwarfs, but also that they have struggled to maintain support in the past. Giving them a full on subfaction within one of the best supported ranges would mean that there would be a pre-built consumer base for their release. However, Leagues of Votann and Sisters of Battle show that Games Workshop are willing to support armies that have historically struggled so hopefully our Big Hatted heroes will return. 

Personally I feel like to see Skaven, Beasts and DoT need the most love out of Chaos Factions. I feel like Hedonites, and Beasts need a little more lore love. I think Hedonites had a lot of momentum and want to see it carried forward and I want Beasts to have an impact on the era of the Beasts. 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Holy_Diver said:

Fun fact; the oldest one seems to be the "spider's skull"...almost TWO YEARS ago.

How these things works? Dunno.

Not 2 years yet, just 1 year and 4 months. And after that Necron rumour engine that actually took 2 years to be revealed its not really that strange

Edited by Matrindur

3 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Any feedback is welcome.

Amazing resource, major props for making this!

It is absolutely wild though how some rumour engines take days to solve while others take more than a year. I guess that's why I've never been that excited about them. If only things could be revealed in a more reasonable timespan, or if the pictures weren't as vague as they are they would be more exciting.

image.png.1208c070e152690a128310ad731f9dbf.png

Stuff like this is just ridiculous.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I think Chaos is in a weird place to be honest in terms of needing model support: 
Slaves to Darkness are the poster faction for Chaos and mostly updated, I feel like they can take a break after Dawn Breakers but somehow I feel like we will see even more.
Skaven and Beasts are in desperate need of re-sculpts and updates, but their armies are actually fairly well rounded and representative of the units that should exist in lore.
The Mono-God factions need a little more support in terms of number of units on the mortal side, but relative to some other factions in AOS are actually not terrible. However, the fact that all of them feel pretty close to reaching their true potential, it feels a little odd that we aren't there yet. Demons do really make a difference though and make these ranges more robust than many other AOS factions. 
Chaos Daemons: I am sad that we lost the Legions of the Dark Prince as a playable faction. I think they should return with some updates on the Demon Infantry and an undivided plastic update of Ruinstorm Daemon Brutes. 
Chaos Duardin: I am going to be brutally honest, I think that they need the support of Slaves to Darkness to get a release. With Slaves to Darkness pretty much entirely updated, I think that Games Workshop will want to continue supporting the villains and they see there is a demand for Chaos Dwarfs, but also that they have struggled to maintain support in the past. Giving them a full on subfaction within one of the best supported ranges would mean that there would be a pre-built consumer base for their release. However, Leagues of Votann and Sisters of Battle show that Games Workshop are willing to support armies that have historically struggled so hopefully our Big Hatted heroes will return. 

Personally I feel like to see Skaven, Beasts and DoT need the most love out of Chaos Factions. I feel like Hedonites, and Beasts need a little more lore love. I think Hedonites had a lot of momentum and want to see it carried forward and I want Beasts to have an impact on the era of the Beasts. 

the thing is with slaves to darkness is with all the warcry cult units, they just have a lot of units that feel a bit out of place to me. I think it's possible with the marauder refresh and 4th ed book that army construction allows you to run chaos tribes, chaos legions or a big waagh of them both. Chaos duardin could definitely get a whole faction on their own if GW want to give them one and there is definitely a demand for them from what I've seen.

• Like 3