The Rumour Thread

9 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

@Whitefang, what’s their name? 

8D0D1D73-7519-40DA-B777-1B9E3A74A4F8.jpeg

Skaven continuing their streak of ruining everyone's day will never not be satisfying. I can't wait for them to get their time in the sun..... so that the Sons of Hashut can throw their bodies into the furnaces of industry!!!

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think I am past even wanting the Chorfs.  I'd rather have the Cogfort stomp in surrounded by the Ironweld reinforcements to save the day!

A giant Avatar of the Rat God however, that I am eager to see.

@Lord Krungharr has given up on chorfs?! Dear God what have we become?

7 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I saw a discussion about whether they are more AoS-like in terms of sculpt than WHFB-like. What do we think? IMO there's a clear difference in terms of the sculpt of this minis with something from AoS, but some users think the other way around.

I think we'd get a mature of Forgeworld, WHFB, the new Hobgrotz and The Horns of Hashut Warcry band: a mix of industrial mid-far eastern armor of varying quality mixed with daemon engines of all stripes.

7 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They don't look like AoS sculpts to me.I think the bright paint jobs are confusing people. 

@Neil Arthur Hotep, I went over each of the previewed models and came to the following equation: somebody at GW saw an old poster for Boris Karloff's The Mummy and ran with the color scheme for the Tomb Kings skin tone:1200_Future-Is-Retro_The_Mummy_-1932_poster_-_three-sheet--8x_1200x.jpg.webp.e70f62d2ccdbb7d5b4cb4c6314a354c3.webpgDi06nLfqrAPpgfx.jpg.797f9c091958ba1557539194a4579ed8.jpgEgJM5eOHXFdfanqd.jpg.2632524171a7e668906c59627a34f5ee.jpgm1TWXnN6GI0vMn1Y.jpg.2a56380df04cc139c2fe4d21c4c6b391.jpgvowZeVGniMkPnxSv.jpg.bae148b79e1571f8cf27340a6de7f6cb.jpgCOzFKeszgIBAFiBJ.jpg.4c9a68ad862635431436ae0e3ca86241.jpg

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

So happy for you mate!!

With Ogors, Beasts and Skaven being the last major holdovers from WHFB Im fairly certain that this Edition Ogors will be updated.

Chameleon Skins were updated in Warcry then we got Seraphon. What did we just get in Warcry? Gorgers.

Gitz, Sons and Orruk Warclans all recently were updated in one form or another in this Edition or the last.

Destructions next big update HAS to be Ogors as the others are all updated unless they begin their second waves.

Ogors have had 2 miniatures in the entirety of AOS until the Gorgers.

4.0 will be the time of the update for Ogors I can feel it!!

Thank you once again @KingBrodd! Here's hoping Your Royal Swoleness' ravening hordes finally get an update in the near future, especially since you've not only gotten a Warcry band (Gorgers), but a new hero (The IceBrow Hunter), an Underworlds band (pirate), three models in Warhammer Quest, and a hero unit in Cities(!) so we know GW can cook you lads a fine meal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Whitefang back me up said:

@Whitefang, what’s their name? 

8D0D1D73-7519-40DA-B777-1B9E3A74A4F8.jpeg

Now I’m just baffled.

i mean the possibility that the skaven are a starter faction for 4.0 is possible.

consider that there aren’t many other faction at that point gw could possible update.

although with possible also comes the possibility of telhe skaven not being the starter faction.

secondly Avatar of the horned rat?

either he means a new verminlord that for example shows a different aspect of the horned rat we currently don’t have (for example a techno verminlord or moulder creator verminlord, or maybe one of those silent verminlords that whereentioned for a short time in the book rise of the horned rat that function like some sort of guard in the shadow council))

Or he is just naming stuff to get views.

in lore a avatar of the horned rat doesn’t make sense.

his avatars are after all the verminlords. They represent his aspects with skreech (me) being his most favored one of the bunch

12 hours ago, DinoJon said:

This reads very much as a shot in the dark with guesses based on what little has been "confirmed" by more reputable leaks. 

Yeah I’m guessing he really wants to be noticed

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Now I’m just baffled.

i mean the possibility that the skaven are a starter faction for 4.0 is possible.

consider that there aren’t many other faction at that point gw could possible update.

although with possible also comes the possibility of telhe skaven not being the starter faction.

either he means a new verminlord that for example shows a different aspect of the horned rat we currently don’t have (for example a techno verminlord or moulder creator verminlord, or maybe one of those silent verminlords that whereentioned for a short time in the book rise of the horned rat that function like some sort of guard in the shadow council))

his avatars are after all the verminlords. They represent his aspects with skreech (me) being his most favored one of the bunch

Using Whitefang as a username also doesn't help to give this credibility xD

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I can answer to that: lorewise verminlords aren't incarnations of the power from the Horned Rat, but instead, old warlords, grey seers and other ancient great skaven personalities put together to make shenanigans happen.

They even have their own council of 13 because they themselves aren't really sure about the will of their god, so their nature is greatly and vastly diferent from the great demons of the other chaos gods

They used to be that, but End Times retconned a lot of stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Using Whitefang as a username also doesn't help to give this credibility xD

Nope.

he was wrong when it came to skaven

so I’m mostly just going to sit there and look what will be true and what isn’t.

33 minutes ago, Garrac said:

I can answer to that: lorewise verminlords aren't incarnations of the power from the Horned Rat, but instead, old warlords, grey seers and other ancient great skaven personalities put together to make shenanigans happen.

They even have their own council of 13 because they themselves aren't really sure about the will of their god, so their nature is greatly and vastly diferent from the great demons of the other chaos gods

They used to be that, but End Times retconned a lot of stuff

Mmhh.. true, although the lore that Verminlords are those older clawlords and other skaven that have earned the blessing of the horned rat always was kinda kept.

just the fact that there will be an Avatar of the horned rat sounds incredible wrong.

although that doesn’t mean a Verminlord or some other smaller rat pretending to be the avatar of the horned rat wouldn’t be possible.

But then again Skreech (I) exist. Don’t think he’ll let that slight 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Now I’m just baffled.

Dawnvreaker?. Haha

Edited by lele

Btw, in between the line of the rumours and the off-topic, but I am working on an improved version of the Warboss Kurdan Rumour Engines site as I think the visual and the REs navigation could be improved and more information added.

Link to the awesome blog in case you didn't know it!

This is how it looks so far:

image.png.838c8b4f8b60000f57f580b8cc75a89f.png

It is built following a timeline approach and includes, what I think it is, handy info like the mini name and a link to the mini on the store, the link to the RE post itself, after how many time it was resolved, and some tags.

The tags are there as I would include filters by those tags, resolved date, published date and resolved/ unresolved.

Is there anything else you would add to quickly/ easily navigate between those sweet RE?

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 4

15 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

and resolved/ unresolved.

This is pretty much the most important change for me since its easy to miss an unsolved one in between all the others so if I can filter by unsolved ones I'm happy. 

Maybe also a "sort by time until solved" if that isn't too much work? Would be interesting to see if there are any trends how long it takes for them to be solved and if the different game systems have big differences 

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Deakz28 said:

How are people able to find when GW have YouTube videos coming that aren’t out yet? 

If you mean just seeing that a video is coming, you can go to their playlists and look if any of them have private videos as they upload them on private a few days before actually unlocking them. So you go to their channels playlists switch to "sort by last video added" and then you should see some playlists with a "last updated x days ago. When you click on one of those you can choose show unavailable videos on the three dot menu which then shows you the privated videos (but without name or thumbnail so you only know that something is uploaded not what)

If you mean at what time that was just a guess based on the time yesterdays video was uploaded

Edited by Matrindur
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

If you mean just seeing that a video is coming, you can go to their playlists and look if any of them have private videos as they upload them on private a few days before actually unlocking them.

If you mean at what time that was just a guess based on the time yesterdays video was uploaded

Ah thank you for explaining, yea, that’s odd though since Old World still has 2 videos private? Does that mean we still haven’t had the old world reveals?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Ah thank you for explaining, yea, that’s odd though since Old World still has 2 videos private? Does that mean we still haven’t had the old world reveals?

One of them might be a whats coming in 2024 video the other one no idea

Doesn't seem like there is one now lets see again in another hour

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1