The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

What's the deal with these rumour engines. Will everything that's been teased be revealed at Christmas?

I really don‘t think so, sorry. GW thinks these pics generate hype for upcoming releases, probably some marketing „genius“ told them so. I‘ll be honest, I‘d rather have fewer but actually useful teaser images for future releases from time to time instead of lots of cryptic images that often could be anything. But some like it I guess, so good for those. 

4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I know at least we'll get something on Boxing day which will most likely be the Tomb Kings box set reveal. 

I do hope we see the Christmas RE's revealed.

Boxing Day tends to be an exclusive mini, so I doubt it would be TK unless they show us a new TK mini, not the full box.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Do we have any rumours for when the next Dawnbringers book will drop? I need that vampire and that snake in my life 😍

The Old World pre order is 6th of January. I still expect Flesh Eaters and the next Dawnbringers book to be released on the 27th of January

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

50 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I know it won't happen but I hope that the Lady of Ruin has some Crom callbacks in her design. Always loved that model, even if she is mounted that shield and helmet were class.

Y'know, take the new Chaos lord on foot, use the one helmet from the new chaos knights (on the picture it's the first mini in the top row, on the left side), greenstuff the middle (there are other similar ones to Crom's too) and you've got yourself a pretty accurate new Crom. His necklace is easy enough to sculpt and all he'd need is an axe in the hand that holds his shield and some small details like spike on his knee. It's difficult to be more vanilla than Crom the conqueror! 🤭

image.png.08c131eaa8953f704198a82dc7dfbf5e.pngimage.png.c222a7a329163445683686e3c7538c53.png

Edited by MitGas
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, MitGas said:

Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and our very own boss obviously! Since you‘re in a dire spot, perhaps the Great Horned Rat will come as well. I could also invite my Brimstone co-workers but they‘re buzzkills, I got that covered already! 😎👍

PS: I‘ll write Settra too, just for you. It‘s Christmas after all!

No need, we all know that the images are chaos related, I was just trying to be funny. Besides, I’m a Muslim, Christmas wishes (while appreciated) are ultimately wasted on me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I know at least we'll get something on Boxing day which will most likely be the Tomb Kings box set reveal. 

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA A NEW TOMB KING REVEAL WOULD BE GRAND!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Elarin said:

The Old World pre order is 6th of January. I still expect Flesh Eaters and the next Dawnbringers book to be released on the 27th of January

REVEAL YOUR SOURCE @Elarin!!! WHO GAVE YOU THIS HOLY INFORMATION?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

No need, we all know that the images are chaos related, I was just trying to be funny. Besides, I’m a Muslim, Christmas wishes (while appreciated) are ultimately wasted on me.

But what if it isn't the lady of ruin? You bet on that... if you had bet your firstborn, or house, then okay, but playing lumineth? That my friend is too high a price!

PS: Christmas is the time of giving - I'm sure Settra's no Christian either but maybe he'll help convince you anyways. 😄

12 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

It will be tomb king related, warcom said there will be something off white (as in bleached bones) revealed on boxing day in a old world article. 

Plus if the old world preorder is the 6th January (and I so hope it will be) that means everything will be revealed on boxing day, I highly doubt there will be a 'coming next week' article this Sunday as its Christmas eve. 

Edited by Ogregut

1 hour ago, Twisted Firaun said:

I'm like totally insane!

Yo dawg, what's this I hear!? By long lost Nehekhara, you've been betting your Tomb Kings army on a rumour engine picture? That's madness, my lost son. Get your bones together and remember: no prize is big enough to collect Lumineth if you fail to win!

I'm gonna ride off into the sunset on my sexy chariot now, preferably with that new muommy I've seen in here by my side! Peace out, fleshbags! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

It will be tomb king related, warcom said there will be something off white (as in bleached bones) revealed on boxing day in a old world article. 

Plus if the old world preorder is the 6th January (and I so hope it will be) that means everything will be revealed on boxing day, I highly doubt there will be a 'coming next week' article this Sunday as its Christmas day. 

Can't they hold off on the death stuff.  I can't blow that much money right after christmas

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Settra the Imperishable said:

Yo dawg, what's this I hear!? By long lost Nehekhara, you've been betting your Tomb Kings army on a rumour engine picture? That's madness, my lost son. Get your bones together and remember: no prize is big enough to collect Lumineth if you fail to win!

I'm gonna ride off into the sunset on my sexy chariot now, preferably with that new muommy I've seen in here by my side! Peace out, fleshbags! 

FORGIVE ME OH IMPERISHABLE ONE! I MEANT IT ONLY AS A JEST!! I SWEAR BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA(!!!!!) THAT I EAGERLY AWAIT THE RETURN OF OUR GLORIOUS ARMY AND PLAN TO BUY TWO OF THE NEW DRAGON KIT!!!! 

13 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Noting MitGas on the Death Note Scroll

image.png.a2f2135c8c788398ecb7401ef725cb29.png

Figures that since you stole rune craft and hammers from the dawi, you knife-ears would also steal the best meme in all of warhammer:

Mod edit - meme removed for swearing. Do not do it again! 😡

13 hours ago, MitGas said:

I feel honored! 😎 Did you forget to remove the flash from your clogs or are you trying to be taller, short king? Write me down twice in your little diary!

@MitGas careful my friend, he might send the kangaroo knights or the sun-wukong wannabe after you for that burn.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Meme removed for swearing
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

If that’s not the new Lady of Ruin Varanguard named character, I’ll sell my undead and chaotic hordes and become a Lumineth player.

Id rather not have more named characters at this point. AoS as a whole needs more customizable generic heroes 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I'd definitely like to see more regular units for quite a few factions, yeah. Also very much on the generic heroes train for most factions - there's a few that could maybe do with one or two more named *minor* characters, as opposed to more demigod/god tier types, but generally I'd love to see the range get fleshed out better for the 'your guys' side of army building.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What about more units rather than more customisable heroes? What is the overall opinion on this?

More units for sure. Not those 3 or 5 model elite units but proper multipart 10 or 20 model kits with multiple weapon options like we had in later whfb edition. Those where really fun to put together (even with rank and file). Bigger units also change the look of the army a lot more.

• Like 6