The Rumour Thread

31 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It‘s the servo skull for true emergencies, Emperor be praised!

In other news, the new Rogue Trader RPG video game is apparently doing an excellent job at portraying the world of 40k but is riddled with bugs. The developer is said to tweak their games much like Larian (the ones who made Baldur‘s Gate 3), so this could be another diamond in a few patches for those that enjoyed BG3! 

Hopefully it's successful so we see something in a similar vein set in the mortal realms!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MitGas said:

It‘s the servo skull for true emergencies, Emperor be praised!

In other news, the new Rogue Trader RPG video game is apparently doing an excellent job at portraying the world of 40k but is riddled with bugs. The developer is said to tweak their games much like Larian (the ones who made Baldur‘s Gate 3), so this could be another diamond in a few patches for those that enjoyed BG3! 

Really looking forward to trying this at some point. As annoying as it is now the standard, at least it seems to be the standard now (in my customer experience) that when games release as a buggy mess, at least we know they will eventually be fixed, weeks and months down the line.

Although with gaming now, it rarely feels satisfying to play something day one. See less and less of a point to pre-order (should've stopped a long time ago), and should just purchase when it's fixed. 

Looking forward to buying Darktide now as well!

Sorry for off topic.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MitGas said:

the new Rogue Trader RPG video game is apparently doing an excellent job at portraying the world of 40k

As in portraying the Imperium as a hellish fascist state with no redeeming qualities which is no better, probably worse, than all the Xenos?

Cos GW like to think it's obvious there are no good guys. But then Space Marines...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, EntMan said:

As in portraying the Imperium as a hellish fascist state with no redeeming qualities which is no better, probably worse, than all the Xenos?

Cos GW like to think it's obvious there are no good guys. But then Space Marines...

it does actually seem to show the Imperium as irredeemable. which, while a good thing, does make me wonder how enjoyable playing through the game is overall-- i.e does it become exhaustive grimdark p o r n*? does it corner or cut off choices at the end? how much room is there for characters and NPCs that don't buy into the Imperium or Chaos? etc.

*if I need a different word choice let me know, i'm bypassing the filter because it looks much worse censored!

Edited by CommissarRotke

20 minutes ago, EntMan said:

GW definitely gets it confused at times because the space marines are not "good guys" but they are the protagonists from a marketing perspective 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

If it's realistic to the setting then no room. Except maybe join the Tau if you chance upon them.

Well you could have a game set in an system that's on the edge of the imperium and only very loosely under its control, there's a lot of lore talking about how the imperium really isn't monolithic and because of how nothing works properly they can end up just forgetting where entire solar systems are. Then you can have ork mercs, eldar corsairs, humans, renegade marines and other xenos all playable while still being well within the established canon

37 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I long for a Soulsborne AoS game, playing as a Knight-Questor roaming a Realm to vanquish the evils through an eternal quest. I know this would fit the lore and game mechanics absolutely perfectly.

And we already have 1 boss. Ushoran.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

I long for a Soulsborne AoS game, playing as a Knight-Questor roaming a Realm to vanquish the evils through an eternal quest. I know this would fit the lore and game mechanics absolutely perfectly.

You forgot the most important point of my post on that particular matter though: the story needs to be hella confusing unless you read every darn item's description and pretty much all the other characters have to die, even if you do well! Remember, hope feeds Tzeentch, so be sad and distraught! 🤙

And to have fun with the players, we shall introduce a total male appendage move in bird culture: the more often you get reforged after death, the worse the ending will be! You only get the good ending by not being reforged! 🤭 Oh, the nerd rage will be glorious uwehehehe!

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just give me an AoS xcom clone like like 40k got with the chaos gate daemonhunters. Would love to play that.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

You forgot the most important point of my post on that particular matter though: the story needs to be hella confusing unless you read every darn item's description and pretty much all the other characters have to die, even if you do well! Remember, hope feeds Tzeentch, so be sad and distraught! 🤙

And to have fun with the players, we shall introduce a total male appendage move in bird culture: the more often you get reforged after death, the worse the ending will be! You only get the good ending by not being reforged! 🤭 Oh, the nerd rage will be glorious uwehehehe!

You forgot the obligatory best bro who will eventually go mad and/or we will have to kill, the female NPC more than half the player base will simp over, THAT ONE BOSS WHO EVERYONE LOVES/HATES (looking at you Malenia), the suicidal ending that takes the whole world with the MC, and the art book that won't include any and all dlc weapons, enemies, and bosses.

For a bonus, make it so that every npc the player loves will eventually die an absolutely tragic death that tugs at the heartstrings.

• Haha 1