The Rumour Thread

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Miniature of the Year 2023 Voting has started.

Obviously Angron or Lion El' Johnson will win just because of 40k's number dominance, but there's been so many excellent AoS models this year, especially in terms of centrepieces, I think the vote is going to be extremely split when it comes to the Mortal Realms' offerings.

In the end I went for the Harbinger of Decay. 

I'm also voting for the Harbringer of Decay, I've assembled mine recently, but yet to paint him. 

I guess the Gorger Mawpack isn't eligible this year as they've not had a stand alone release yet?

21 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Obviously Angron or Lion El' Johnson will win just because of 40k's number dominance, but there's been so many excellent AoS models this year, especially in terms of centrepieces, I think the vote is going to be extremely split when it comes to the Mortal Realms' offerings.

I voted for the Knight Lancer, since the NECROLITH BONE DRAGON OF LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!! was only previewed in 2023.

56 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Bit unorthodox, but I went with Freeguild Fusiliers.

An incredible infantry kit all around that perfectly captures Cities as a faction imho.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Well, yes. Clan Pestilens. Though I can agree that they don't usually use Nurgle symblols, even new Underworlds warband. But hand gives skaven vibe.
image.png.5a079bf65c08fd898aec28819376a416.png

True for the hands! Although Epidemius seems to fit too. Books and Nurgle symbols are really fitting for Epidemius since he's the one keeping track of all of Nurgle's diseases. Also, it's a resin model so it's due just like the harbinger was.

99819915016_EpidemiusNEW01.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Molodav said:

True for the hands! Although Epidemius seems to fit too. Books and Nurgle symbols are really fitting for Epidemius since he's the one keeping track of all of Nurgle's diseases. Also, it's a resin model so it's due just like the harbinger was.

99819915016_EpidemiusNEW01.jpg

And there's a maggot on the rumor engine if you look closely 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zamerion said:

Nurgle flagellants!!

Yeah or cultist. But certainly nurgle and human. Let's hope it is for AoS. Certainly looks like it. Very cool!

Edit: Skaven is also very possible. Still hoping for humans. 😉

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 2

It's clearly Nurgle, but are they showing us Nurgle because it is Nurgle and we’ll think it’s not Nurgle. Or they think that we’ll think that they’ll try to trick us so they’re showing us an easy one hoping we trip up on ourselves?

Wild Card Guess - Next years warhammer community unusable mini - A Nurgle Fomo book collector….me…

Also back in the Day Clan Pesyilence could summon Great Unclean Ones. I still like the idea of Great Unclean Ones playing with Skaven like if they were puppies. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sarges said:

Skaven!

image.png.66cd991e3305764ca9d0c23e7690330d.png

On the Sixth day of Christmas, GW previewed me:
Six Sickly Casters

FIVE KURNOTH ANTLERS
Four Fuzzy Cloaks
Three finecast miners
Two undead helmsmen and
A parrot on a Vampire

I voted for the Freeguild Command Corps, somehow I forgot Seraphon were this year and just rushed to my Favourite cities models. 

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

😄🤘

I didn't see Ushoran or am I mistaken. 

I looked for Ushoran first too, but I guess he hasn't been released yet and will appear in the 2024 votation. It would be too much of a mistake by GW's part to forget about one of their best miniatures ever.

• Like 2