The Rumour Thread

55 minutes ago, madmac said:

You say that, but it's always the other way around. New edition means tons of new releases leading up to the edition launch, and THEN things get subdued for the rest of the year. The breather will come in the long months where nothing else gets released for AoS except the except the gradual rollout of the two starter army battletomes and models, as it always does.

If that's the case, it would be awesome. I can be wrong about 40k getting a spot, but deffo TOW would have some love during its release.

2 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

I thought you were talking about minis. From my pov seems obvious that all the BT/Codex would be updated during a edition. Wasn't the case during previous editions in the recent years?

In the spring they say they were planning to update all remaining battletomes to the third edition before the end of this year. At some point there was uncertainty whether the FEC book would see a release this year or early next year. We now know GW is on track to keep their word on that pledge. Hiope that's now clear enough ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

Well, the Ghouly-bois being up for pre-order so quickly is nice to see. I'm not a big fan of the incredibly long lead-up times from preview to pre-order like we have seen in the past with some releases. I hope we see more of this type of time frame in 2024 and beyond.

It does make me wonder what we might see for AoS in the first half of next year though. With all of the factions receiving an update in 3rd and with a new edition on the horizon, perhaps we will just see another 2 Dawnbringer books before the major 4th edition hype-train ramp-up? 

I'd be really surprised to see a new faction reveal at the end of an edition cycle. 

Theres gotta be something.  They didn't update the roadmap at the worlds preveiw

• Like 3

My prediction for next year. 

Late Jan or early February FEC full release Dawnbringers 4, two death heroes. 

February Lumineth Vs OBR warcry. Soulblight underworlds warband.

March Dawnbringers 5 with 2 or 3  Darkoath units and 2 chaos heroes. 

April ????

May 2 warcry warbands. Skaven Vs cities???

June 4th edition Skaven Vs Stormcast 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Don't get me wrong. I would love for 3rd edition to close out with a bang! The narrative currently being explored across the Dawnbringers series frequently references the fact that the "Era of the Beast" is reaching an apex. The magical fluxes are surging, building... towards something

With Dawnbringers IV announced (completing the AoS Roadmap) and all factions receiving their 3rd edition Battletomes. Apart from rumours of a potential 2 further entries in the series, there doesn't seem to be that much in the pipeline for AoS over the next 6 months. 

There could be a Kurnothi release that ties in with the success of the Ghyran Dawnbringer crusade? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chikout said:

My prediction for next year. 

Late Jan or early February FEC full release Dawnbringers 4, two death heroes. 

February Lumineth Vs OBR warcry. Soulblight underworlds warband.

March Dawnbringers 5 with 2 or 3  Darkoath units and 2 chaos heroes. 

April ????

May 2 warcry warbands. Skaven Vs cities???

June 4th edition Skaven Vs Stormcast 

What kind of Skaven vs Cities warbands would it be? If I am not wrong Skavens attacked Hallowheart, unless I am confusing the city. That would make sense, but seems far from the Warcry action focus.

3 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

What kind of Skaven vs Cities warbands would it be? If I am not wrong Skavens attacked Hallowheart, unless I am confusing the city. That would make sense, but seems far from the Warcry action focus.

Just a random guess based on the fact that Skaven are the only chaos faction that doesn't have a warcry warband and the fact that I'd really like another cities warband. Plague monks Vs flagellants would be pretty cool. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Just a random guess based on the fact that Skaven are the only chaos faction that doesn't have a warcry warband and the fact that I'd really like another cities warband. Plague monks Vs flagellants would be pretty cool. 

What about beasts of chaos :/

Edited by The Red King

The Skaven are heavily rumoured to be the 4th edition launch protagonists. I suspect (and hope) both Ogors and BoC will get a full range refresh with their 4th edition Battletomes. Kurnothi could be released towards the end of 3rd edition with some free PDF rules and then folded into the 4th edition Sylvaneth Battletome proper as one of the first 4th edition Battletomes released in Q4 of 2024. 

I have said before, but I would prefer to see the Daughters of Khaine battle tome expanded into a "Children of Khaine" Battletome with the arrival Malerion, as I would prefer to see larger "umbrella" factions represented in Battletomes rather than lots of smaller ones. (the same as Kurnothi being a part of the Sylvaneth faction rather than as two separate ones

This would allow for the addition of these new model lines whilst not contributing toward faction bloat. There are already 9 factions represented under the Order Grand Alliance. I'm not sure it is a good thing for the game longer term to keep adding to the number of factions. I would like for there to be a hard cap of 10-order factions in AoS, which means there would still be space for one completely new faction to be explored with their own tome at some point. 

As for Chaos, there are currently 7 factions represented across this Grand Alliance. If Skaven and BoC do in fact get range refreshes in 4th, it would bring the entire Grand Alliance up to "AoS standards". (On a side note I think a hard cap of 8 Chaos factions works well, allowing Chorfs to be explored at some point and keeping the thematic chaotic number of 8) 

Death is looking very solid in terms of ranges with the upcoming FEC rounding out 4 distinct, well-represented factions. I really don't see the need for further additions to this Alliance in terms of factions. 

Destruction is a funny one, I think this Alliance would be best for a brand new unique faction. Although having 10 Order, 8 Chaos, 4 Death and 4 Destruction = 26 factions is a good amount. I don't think there is a need for a million factions spread thin, I would rather more depth be given to existing factions than just lots more factions being added to the game. 

Edited by Hollow
  • Like 5

I was wondering, as there is normally a big release a couple of months out from the new edition, maybe with Dawnbringers 5 there may be an Ironjaws style expansion for a Chaos army? All the books will be out with FEC, and idk I have a feeling that we will not get a new army though could be off on that of course.

Perhaps Beastmen? I mean closing up the Era of the Beast with a Beastmen refresh would be pretty fitting, especially as that would shift us nicely into a Chaos edition. Probably won't happen but would be cool.

• Like 2

Its not Ushoran. The preview article of Ushoran literally describes how he looks like in the delusion. His crown is still made of bone, which this guy's isn't, and he wears an ermine cape, which this guy doesn't. Plus you'd figure a depiction of delusion Ushoran would incorporate his rather noticeable earrings and long hair. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know that there are heavy rumors that new Skaven are coming and that it will be with 4.0 launch….. however, I always found it odd that they would launch the new edition with current armies on both sides and nothing new. 

What if Skaven are refreshed and released prior to 4.0?!? 

We know there should be a chaos Dawnbringers book and Skaven could wind up showing up there. Narratively it could make sense as well. With all the humans traveling around the cities could be left unattended for Skaven to hatch a big plan that then pushes the narrative toward 4.0 and the aftermath of their actions. 

They could have a release that mirrors FEC. 

Maybe, maybe not 

Am I the only one that think that that we don't need more armies appart from Malerion elves? 

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with new armies, but we are getting close to 10 years AoS anniversary and some armies are still micro-armies or most of their models are not even from AoS.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Am I the only one that think that that we don't need more armies appart from Malerion elves? 

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with new armies, but we are getting close to 10 years AoS anniversary and some armies are still micro-armies or most of their models are not even from AoS.

I would like range refreshes before anymore new factions yes. Get everything else looking up to standard.

• Like 1