The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Doko said:

fyreslayers vanguard have the battlesmith who is direct sale per example

Even though I don't see the Steam Tank surviving for long (at least until we get an Ironweld Grandtankfortwalkerthingdestroyer) and already being in the process of painting the army box, a Vanguard with a Steam Tank, 2x Steelhelms and a Marshal and something else relatively cheap (Alchemite?) would be pretty tempting. And a Great Cannon or Fusil-Major just wouldn't carry the centerpiece factor a ST would.

Not to mention we still haven't seen this Steam Tank which was painted for the new BT in full (I will never let this go 🙃).
image.png.a93fa9be59d4bdc0129861722ae30cfa.png

• Like 1

Not going to lose my head over deeds. I have plenty of D6s. It looks like a bit of extra you be used tactically + there will be more options. Same for the delusions (which thankfully stayed) which adds even more tactical advantage.

For now I haven't seen anything that breaks my faith in the book. Just need a little bit more to chew on (huehuehue).

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

Nothing so far appart from a suspected wave 2 coming focused on the religious side of CoS.

I'm probably reading too much into it but that could also play into Chamon being the focus realm for 4th, as the sigmarite capital of Chamon is Vindicarum which is the religious zealout subfaction

25 minutes ago, Luperci said:

I'm probably reading too much into it but that could also play into Chamon being the focus realm for 4th, as the sigmarite capital of Chamon is Vindicarum which is the religious zealout subfaction

We don't know when this could be released or if it is going to be released. The idea came from the series of interviews that the team did when the new CoS range was released. One of them could imply that there was a new religious wave coming, but that's all.

• Thanks 1

So the description for this item accidentally includes the description for the Flesh Eater Courts army box. I'll copy it here in case anybody is interested. Don't think it includes anything notable other than the amount of warscrolls.

https://www.warhammer.com/en-NZ/shop/kill-team-tac-ops-mission-cards-eng-2023

Courts reign in the shadows of ruined empires. Hordes of cannibals gather under the deluded rule of vampiric Abhorrants, utterly convinced that they are noble knights and faithful serfs engaged in righteous quests. Armoured in delusion and made ferocious by insatiable bloodlust, these ghouls boil from the shadows in an insane tide, threatening all who roam the wastelands and bloodstained nooks of reality. The children of Ushoran are rightly feared across the Mortal Realms, and their hunger – and influence – is only growing.

This army set provides a deluded host of ghoulish new miniatures with which to build your Flesh-eater Courts and begin overrunning the Mortal Realms. A tide of Cryptguard clutch rusted weapons in filth-crusted claws, whilst Morbheg Knights swoop from the skies atop shrieking chiropteran steeds. These fiends are led by mad and monstrous vampires – a winged Abhorrant Gorewarden, and a debased but formidable Varghulf Courtier.

Also included is an exclusive launch edition of Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts, filled with rules, lore, and stunning artwork, featuring a soft-touch cover, black ribbon marker, and gold gilt page edges. Going to battle with your collection is made even simpler by an exclusive set of warscroll cards, enhancement cards, and tokens that will help you head out on your noble quests – all only available in this boxed set.

This set includes the following multipart plastic miniatures:

– 1x Abhorrant Gorewarden
– 1x Varghulf Courtier
– 3x Morbheg Knights
– 20x Cryptguard

This set also includes the following items, which are exclusive to this box:

- Battletome: Flesh-eater Courts (Launch Edition) – 88-page hardback book with an exclusive variant soft-touch cover, gold foil blocking, gold gilt page edges, and a black ribbon page marker
- Warscroll Cards: Flesh-eater Courts – 27 exclusive cards detailing every unit available to the Flesh-eater Courts
- Enhancement Cards: Flesh-eater Courts – 33 exclusive cards detailing the unique battle traits and enhancements of the Flesh-eater Courts
- Flesh-eater Courts Token Sheets – 30 exclusive double-sided tokens for use alongside your warscrolls, including battle tactics, command point markers, noble deeds point markers, and more

All models are supplied with their appropriate bases. These miniatures are supplied unpainted and require assembly – we recommend using Citadel Plastic Glue and Citadel Colour paints.

The battletome contains a one-use code to add the book to your digital library in Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App.

The warscroll cards, enhancement cards, and token sheets detailed above are exclusive to the Flesh-eater Courts Army Set and will not be available separately at a future date. This incredible box is strictly limited in quantity, meaning once it’s gone, it’s gone – secure yours before it’s too late!

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, Chikout said:

If you take all the new kits  and add the old ones except the Vargulf, you get 27 warscrolls so it's safe to assume all the characters made from units are staying. 

No you get 28 

we currently have 21 warscrolls and 7 new units (not counting the varghulf) 

edit : unless the underworld warband will become a single warscroll and not hero + band and will have a unique warscroll 

Edited by Grunbag

1 hour ago, Grunbag said:

No you get 28 

we currently have 21 warscrolls and 7 new units (not counting the varghulf) 

edit : unless the underworld warband will become a single warscroll and not hero + band and will have a unique warscroll 

Just noticed the Dawnbringers hero isn't in the app. So yeah, they will lose one warscroll which is odd unless they do the underworlds thing. @DoctorPerils More models would be a cool surprise but they like to announce everything before the box set pre order. They did the same with Cities, Seraphon, Imperial Guard etc. It's highly unlikely there's anything else coming for FEC in the near future. 

Just now, Chikout said:

Just noticed the Dawnbringers hero isn't in the app. So yeah, they will lose one warscroll which is odd unless they do the underworlds thing. @DoctorPerils More models would be a cool surprise but they like to announce everything before the box set pre order. They did the same with Cities, Seraphon, Imperial Guard etc. It's highly unlikely there's anything else coming for FEC in the near future. 

the marrowscroll is in the app it's just under the dawnbringers book in the expansions section instead of the battletome

12 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

We don't know when this could be released or if it is going to be released. The idea came from the series of interviews that the team did when the new CoS range was released. One of them could imply that there was a new religious wave coming, but that's all.

I know there are no specific rumours but do we have any speculation on what that may contain. Presumably new Flagellants, Witch Hunter(s), A Warpriest? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

So the description for this item accidentally includes the description for the Flesh Eater Courts army box. I'll copy it here in case anybody is interested. Don't think it includes anything notable other than the amount of warscrolls.

https://www.warhammer.com/en-NZ/shop/kill-team-tac-ops-mission-cards-eng-2023

The Flesh-eater Kill Team

Space "Knights" confirmed

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I know there are no specific rumours but do we have any speculation on what that may contain. Presumably new Flagellants, Witch Hunter(s), A Warpriest? 

I think it is a tricky one to guess.

There's some easy ones, as you said. Flagellants is a 100%. Maybe a Warpriest. Witch Hunters, having a warband and the Ven Dest maybe we don't get one (and suposedly Callis and Toll). So I am divided with that one.

Then we have this new Cult of the Wheel, so maybe they surprise us with something new from that branch, or even Gargolians, as they are heavily linked with the faith. I honestly don't see what else they could get from the religious side, apart from some hero or Triumph of Saint Katherine kind of unit.

So my bet is a mix of Religious, Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsenal units if they do a refresh kinda what we had lately in terms of size. This way they could remove all the WHFB units appart from the Duardins and Aelvens, which would be phased out with a 3rd refresh.

So to summarise, my guess:

• Religious:
    • Flagellants
    • War Priest
    • Triumph of Saint Katherine like kit

• Collegiate Arcane:
    • Battle Mages
    • Not Celestial Hurricanum replacing Celestial Hurricanum

• Ironweld Arsenal:
    • Cog Fort
    • Not Steam Tank replacing Steam Tank

This would be 7 kits, which is more or less the size of what we had recently

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

48 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

I think it is a tricky one to guess.

There's some easy ones, as you said. Flagellants is a 100%. Maybe a Warpriest. Witch Hunters, having a warband and the Ven Dest maybe we don't get one (and suposedly Callis and Toll). So I am divided with that one.

Then we have this new Cult of the Wheel, so maybe they surprise us with something new from that branch, or even Gargolians, as they are heavily linked with the faith. I honestly don't see what else they could get from the religious side, apart from some hero or Triumph of Saint Katherine kind of unit.

So my bet is a mix of Religious, Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsenal units if they do a refresh kinda what we had lately in terms of size. This way they could remove all the WHFB units appart from the Duardins and Aelvens, which would be phased out with a 3rd refresh.

So to summarise, my guess:

• Religious:
    • Flagellants
    • War Priest
    • Triumph of Saint Katherine like kit

• Collegiate Arcane:
    • Battle Mages
    • Not Celestial Hurricanum replacing Celestial Hurricanum

• Ironweld Arsenal:
    • Cog Fort
    • Not Steam Tank replacing Steam Tank

This would be 7 kits, which is more or less the size of what we had recently

A 2nd wave like that would be incredible, although having a Devoted, Collegiate, and 2x Ironweld medium/big centerpiece kits out of a total of 7 would be a bit overkill. I also think we may have a long term Collegiate thing going on, with us maybe getting 7 more realm/lore based mages over who knows how long.

• Like 1

i fallen in love with dawnbringer crusade based on this art in the first article in june 2021

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/06/09/fancy-a-new-life-bringing-order-to-the-mortal-realms-join-a-dawnbringer-crusade-today/

maybe we could get this fantastic moving war cathedral later...i did not start an CoS army because they were not in the book T_T

3q03R90EPUln7uJ0.jpg

Edited by Freemeta
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1