The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Don't know what this is supposed to be, but I just see a necktie. 

image.png.0f0a0bfeb99ef026c96cccf93f1cc30b.png

Finally the missing 2nd legion, the Fat Cats!

I was hoping the bullet holes made an eight point star to hint at Fallen Angels getting some love, but I don't think any of them make a proper chaos star.

Edited by Neverchosen

1 hour ago, rattila said:

It would be Nice to have one subfaction who serve nagash with a big ghoul as mortarch, then another subfaction following Ushoran, and then maybe other subfaction who dont particularly follow someone.

Maybe Ushoran will come out in the Dawnbringer series as an army of renown.

seems like they might be doing something similar with DoK and the rumored morai heg priestess

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Red Bull said:

Maybe Ushoran will come out in the Dawnbringer series as an army of renown.

seems like they might be doing something similar with DoK and the rumored morai heg priestess

The point for me is that those rumours are supposed to be coming from ppl that has the army box codex. If you release an army refresh/ update would you leave the big boss out of the codex? Unless a super unexpected lore tweak is under something like that would feel weird.

3 hours ago, Lucentia said:

FEC:

~8 new kits, ~5 new heroes, a few resculpts, new battleline unit (I'm guessing these are the ghouls we've already seen?), new cav unit, centerpiece is explicitly a Mortarch. 

Is this information you know first-hand or something you've heard?

1 hour ago, Ejecutor said:

The point for me is that those rumours are supposed to be coming from ppl that has the army box codex. If you release an army refresh/ update would you leave the big boss out of the codex? Unless a super unexpected lore tweak is under something like that would feel weird.

Ushoran may be present in the lore without involving himself in battles (tabletop) like Sigmar or Grungni. Although I reckon that would be a bit disappointing, unless his right hand has a totally awesome miniature.

• Like 1

You know I think its likely that Ushoran just had the title of Mortarch from when he was still a champion of Nagash and just still kept onto it as part of his delusion.

I really doubt he's gonna be called the Mortarch of Madness if he has a Mortarch title, he's probably going to call himself the Mortarch of Serenity or something else that would fit in with his uncorrupted self. 

Edited by BarakUrbaz
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, BarakUrbaz said:

You know I think its likely that Ushoran just had the title of Mortarch from when he was still a champion of Nagash and just still kept onto it as part of his delusion.

I really doubt he's gonna be called the Mortarch of Madness if he has a Mortarch title, he's probably going to call himself the Mortarch of Serenity or something else that would fit in with his uncorrupted self. 

The Mortarch of Summer, no doubt.

Due for winter release. 🙃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

He used to be known as the Lord of Masks, back in his Lahmian days. I then saw a reference to the Lord of Masques in a recent FEC article. Perhaps the Mortarch of Masques, or something to that effect? 

Mortarch of Intrigue/Delusion: It ties into what he believes about himself, while in actuality it's a stealth insult probably cooked up by Neferata that's been warped by his curse.

Even though I’d love Ushoran to have agency, it would be so fitting for that agency to be delusional. 

Not to speak of how it mirrors the Bretonnian’s unwitting obeisance to a greater power. Poor guys can’t seem to catch a break 😅

Could the courts pay homage to, and respect the word of, their own Flay Enchantress, not realising she’s the mouth of Nagash all along? 😂

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

Ushoran has been in a Ossiarch jail for quite a while now per the dawnbringer stories, it would be kinda weird to have him be a part of Nagash's trusted companions. 

I think that we will see Ushoran as an independent death leader, and a new FeC Mortarch will come. It will also mirror the FeC delusions and how Nagash is portrayed, some see him as a benevolent god while others perceive him as a carrion overlord that must be avoided at all cost.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Ushoran has been in a Ossiarch jail for quite a while now per the dawnbringer stories, it would be kinda weird to have him be a part of Nagash's trusted companions. 

I think that we will see Ushoran as an independent death leader, and a new FeC Mortarch will come. It will also mirror the FeC delusions and how Nagash is portrayed, some see him as a benevolent god while others perceive him as a carrion overlord that must be avoided at all cost.

I don’t think Nagash trusts the Mortarchs (Besides Arkhan and on good days, Katakros)

46 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I don’t think Nagash trusts the Mortarchs (Besides Arkhan and on good days, Katakros)

Honestly I think Arkhan and Katakros are both very loyal, also oddly enough I think Olynder is too, despite what Nagash did to her - at least that's how I remember her lore. Neferate and especially Manfred are the "problem" Mortarchs.

If Nagash can tolerate and use Manfred, I don't see him having an issue with using Ushoran

Being a Mortarch isn't synonimous of being friendly with Nagash, or even in goods terms with him. Mortarch are tools of the will of Nagash, in a way or another.

Nagash is not just a god of the Death, he is THE DEATH itself. You can't have arguments against the primordial magic that created you in the first place as a mere puppet and/or extension.

Nagash wants to everything and everybody becomes him, as a multiversial necrotopia, so if he thinks that you will be a Mortarch as part of his plan, I don't think that you can have many options...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1