The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think there's three big releases left that have been rumoured for this year. Killteam, admech and Necrons for 40k and now FEC. There are three unannounced pre-orders left before Christmas so that lineup is possible. The big question for me now is whether we get Dawnbringers 4 with FEC or later. 

They likely won't release anything on the 23rd December so that gives two more release dates (Imperialis should release on 2nd December with the current two week pattern). I would assume Kill Team is one (due to it being originally scheduled for Autumn) but most of the winter things are probably going to be January/February releases.

1 hour ago, papary said:

This also crossed my mind, traditionally we get a boxing day release so why not the army box!

The boxing day release is usually a mix of a made to order run and a single limited edition mini so I wouldn't expect more than that.

Unfortunately, I don't know what's coming after Legion Imperialis, but Kill Team box is included in this year's Gift Guides available in Warhammer Stores (the same price as Hunter and the Hunted). So, it's been delayed and there wasn't enough time to change the Gift Guides or it's coming really soon. I might know more tomorrow.

Also, small news regarding paints: three technical paints are going to be removed from the range: Armageddon Dunes, Astrogranite Debris and Stirland Battlemire. 

Edited by Elarin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

53 minutes ago, Elarin said:

Unfortunately, I don't know what's coming after Legion Imperialis, but Kill Team box is included in this year's Gift Guides available in Warhammer Stores (the same price as Hunter and the Hunted). So, it's been delayed and there wasn't enough time to change the Gift Guides or it's coming really soon. I might know more tomorrow.

Also, small news regarding paints: three technical paints are going to be removed from the range: Armageddon Dunes, Astrogranite Debris and Stirland Battlemire. 

Always sad news when paints get removed. But thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, Elarin said:

losing those texture paints is a shame, at least it's just the ones that doubled up on the same pigment. If anyone was using them you can use zandri dust/eshin grey/dryad bark respectively over sand/plaster or some other texture mix since they share pigments(maybe that's common knowledge but I only found out recently)

Thankfully there's a lot of much better priced texture paints out there from companies like Vallejo and AK, so the loss won't be as keenly felt as it might be otherwise - unless you're stuck or choose to only use Citadel products.

I'm honestly surprised they're being scrapped though. I was always under the impression they were a strong seller, considering most people don't seem to sand/flock anymore.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Do you have a recommendation for cheaper equivalents for Martian Ironcrust and Ironearth?

I can't speak for experience as a disclaimer, but Green Stuff World do a Martian Earth which is meant to be a derivative. The videos I watched on it seem to come quite similar to the two GW crackle paints. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

The idea that we are getting a preview focused on Tombkings and Flesh Eater Courts after spooky season makes me much angrier than it should. 

Still this has a chance of being the best preview yet. 

Yes, they’d have had plenty left over for this show had they done a Halloween special for TK and FEC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

The idea that we are getting a preview focused on Tombkings and Flesh Eater Courts after spooky season makes me much angrier than it should. 

Still this has a chance of being the best preview yet. 

I think people forget Halloween is one day and not a *season*, it's also not a big thing here in the UK. 

It's like when people expected a full Skaven relaunch during the Chinese year of the rat. 

• Like 3