The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Talking about Realms of Ruins, could this Azyrhein mage, that seems to be quite prominent in the game, the first character from an AoS game that gets a miniature at some point? Maybe if the game is a bit successful?

He'll make a great Tzeentch character when he inevitably gets corrupted as the story progresses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

He'll make a great Tzeentch character when he inevitably gets corrupted as the story progresses.

I remember DoW 1...

From the librarian being corrupted to the chaos sorcerer turning into a Khorne daemon. Good times.

As for the factions, I like them- you have Stormcast, the space marine stand in. Tzeentch, for the clandestine chaos faction. Kruleboyz cuz Orcs. Nighthaunt fill the place of eldar, because ephemeral?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Elarin said:

Not really Age of Sigmar news, but something about the release schedule: Legion Imperialis is going to be released on the 2nd of December 

Released as it would be for sale? Or announced for preorders?

If it is the second this schedule is kinda confirmed:

Edited by Ejecutor

2 hours ago, El Syf said:

Metal models are awesome! The weight made certainly made me feel better about the price lol.

I won't argue with the tactile experience of metal models, but compared to modern plastics they're horrendous - just been putting together an Isengard army with metal Lurtz and the Siege ram and man is it a horrible experience - mold lines so deep you have to gouge out or fill with putty .5mm deep, little burrs and pour lines that are in really obvious places and make them uncomfortable to pick up before they've been filed down. The Siege ram operators straight up won't stick to the log because the contact points are so borked, so going to have to break out more milliput... all the while the detailing just isn't up to snuff compared to today's models

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

With TOW at the moment, I'm beginning to have this funny feeling that a lot of people are about to realise that all this time they'd been nostalgic for the world. Not so much for the game.

The thing is, while people usually say this as a "haha TOW is dead on arrival amirite?" whenever you look at reasons why people commit to 40k and never touch another game, one of the reasons most often stated is... the setting. Plus a lot of people are terrified of touching anything without a GW label on it, but still want a rank-and-flank game.

Also, Fantasy wasn't killed that long ago. I heard the same things in the runup to Heresy 2E; "none actually wants 40k 7th gameplay back!" 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Elarin said:

Released

Interesting as the other rumour said 25th for preorder which would mean only one week for preorder. If both are true and the Battleforces are still two weeks its likely for the Admech/Necron preorder rumoured on the 18th to also be a one week preorder as I would say its likelier to have both Battleforces and the Admech/Necrons to release on the same day instead of LI and AM/Necrons which would be the case if one week preorders only started with LI again

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The thing is, while people usually say this as a "haha TOW is dead on arrival amirite?"

Absolutely not what I meant, and what I meant was exactly what I said. That there probably will be a subset of people, who got very excited about TOW when it got announced, but they might find out that a lot of things changed for them since they played WHFB last. Both within and without. Nothing less and nothing more. If you could in the future, avoid quoting me in a manner that suggest a meaning to my words that is completely at odds with my intention, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

19 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Absolutely not what I meant, and what I meant was exactly what I said. That there probably will be a subset of people, who got very excited about TOW when it got announced, but they might find out that a lot of things changed for them since they played WHFB last. Both within and without. Nothing less and nothing more. If you could in the future, avoid quoting me in a manner that suggest a meaning to my words that is completely at odds with my intention, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Well, if you reread my post I deliberately wrote it saying 'while people usually' rather than specifically accusing you of it, since it was somewhat unclear from the tone. Granted, given that TGA has a great deal of a snarky, hopefully-it-fails attitude towards TOW, I do usually assume the worst.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Why not the ever REing FEC? Because the runes/ sigils?

Also, feels it is a bad photoshop chop from a bigger base/ scenery, right? Or maybe Ushoran has a masive castle on this back...

What are we even looking at here? I mean, what is the "ground" supposed to be? I doesn't really look anything like a rock or GW dirt (sculpted or texture paste).

1 minute ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

What are we even looking at here? I mean, what is the "ground" supposed to be? I doesn't really look anything like a rock or GW dirt (sculpted or texture paste).

I think is beause the way GW sometimes chops the pic to do now show more than they want that it feels so weird, but deffo is something on the floor, imo.