The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

People say this a lot, but the fact is Underworld has not produced any models for cut factions in all the years it has been around. There are no Greenskin, Wanderers, High Elf, Freeguild, etc models. It was very noticeable for CoS in particular because they didn't get a single warband until the new human aesthetic was figured out. Suggesting that GW took the time to create new Savage Orc designs for no purpose at all just a few years ago is not a convincing argument, imo. If they are planning to remove Bonesplitters now they would have known before that warband was green lit.

Hexbane's hunters have been released mid 2022 and it's totally CoS, before any rumours of the new wave...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Even if this is true, I think we can all agree that, sooner rather than later, all/most the WHFB models would be removed. Even if it is just based on a purely aestethics/time factor.

Also, I saw talks about how the time to remove factions was first edition, or how this hint or another is the reason for X or Y to stay or go. Imo AoS is still too young. First ed can almost be discarded from the equation as not even the team knew what they were doing.

Some movements were done to make the playerbase happy, like CoS release, during the 2ed, which is almost yesterday in terms of relative time. So I would say there's plenty of room for drastic changes like big chunks of models being removed, factions squated or renamed, and anything like that.

I agree. Especially with the notion that 2.0 was basically AOS proper release. It defined the setting abs we are building upon it now.

7 minutes ago, Vagard said:

Hexbane's hunters have been released mid 2022 and it's totally CoS, before any rumours of the new wave...

Yes, and it's designed to fit with the new direction of COS and not the old empire models, which is my point. Really it's more of a half-way point between the two but that is typical of underworlds, it's basically all prototype models and always has been.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

For how long? *Dramatic music*

If they wanted to drop dwarfs the best chance to do it would be with the CoS tome that just released. That fact that they left them alone IMO just means that GW doesn't plan to do anything with them for a while yet, same as Dark Elves.

• Like 1

In the other hand, GW could'nt have cut more than the half of a battletome in one release without getting a shitstorm from the community. I think everyone knows that current dark elves and dwarves minis' days are counted and there will be a second and event maybe a 3rd wave to change all these old models and cut some of them as well. 

They just could'nt do everything in one release regarding the number of warscroll in the BT. 

Edited by Vagard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vagard said:

In the other hand, GW could'nt have cut more than the half of a battletome in one release without getting a shitstorm from the community. I thing everyone knows that current dark elves and dwarves minis' days are counted and there will be a second and event maybe a 3rd wave to change all these old models and cut some of them as well. 

They just could'nt do everything in one release regarding the number of warscroll in the BT. 

It's more like GW just doesn't just cut things for no reason. They cut High Elves because LRL were coming. They probably cut Wanderers because Kurnothi are coming(slowly). They cut Empire models to replace them with new human models, but kept the ones they didn't have a rough replacement ready for. They didn't finish off Dwarfs or replace Dark Elves yet because Malerion and GW finally doing anything with Dispossessed are both a long ways off yet.

• Like 5

Imho, the Fantasy models that are used in AoS are placeholders for other units or just are being used because they don't belong to another game, yet.

Of course there will be some miniatures that came from Fantasy that are going to stay in AoS, but that's not the norm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Acrozatarim said:

Given the unfortunate associations of the particular model range, I wouldn't be surprised if GW drop Savage Orcs from the refined Old World WHFB line-up and drop Bonesplittaz from AoS.

I feel like they already would have if they were going to for the latter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Imho, the Fantasy models that are used in AoS are placeholders for other units or just are being used because they don't belong to another game, yet.

Of course there will be some miniatures that came from Fantasy that are going to stay in AoS, but that's not the norm.

Sure, on a long enough timeline all AoS models will be AoS models, I don't think anyone disputes that. And yet I don't see Night Goblins getting yanked out of AoS so they can go back to TOW anytime soon, for example. It's not even slightly feasible that there will be a sudden mass exodus of all WHFB models out of AoS in the next year or two to support a side game of questionable long-term viability.

I think of placeholder models in terms of holding unto the idea for future use, mostly. Seraphon just got a huge new wave of models that was mostly just updates of existing sculpts, as did STD before them, etc etc. Ironjawz got a nice cluster of new units and an upgrade of Ardboyz all at the same time. In the same way I see factions or subfactions like Bonesplitters or Dispossessed or Mawtribes as largely being placeholders for what eventually will be a revamp of some kind, or possibly a full re-imaging ala LRL or Fyreslayers or so on. It's possible some things may be cut in the future, but it won't be primarily in service to TOW of all things.

11 minutes ago, madmac said:

Sure, on a long enough timeline all AoS models will be AoS models, I don't think anyone disputes that. And yet I don't see Night Goblins getting yanked out of AoS so they can go back to TOW anytime soon, for example.

Yes, of course.

But I will not buy any of this type of miniatures unless I can use them in TOW. Doesn't matter if they feel "safe", because in the end, only GW knows what will happen in the next 3 years.

• Thanks 2

A question, which faction is the richest and has the most money and gold and treasure?:

- Ogor

- Slaanesh

- Ossiarch Bonereapers 

- Daughters of Khaine

- Fyreslayers

Kharadron Overlords

- Stormcast Eternal

- Lumineth Realm-lords

3 minutes ago, lele said:

A question, which faction is the richest and has the most money and gold and treasure?:

- Ogor

- Slaanesh

- Ossiarch Bonereapers 

- Daughters of Khaine

- Fyreslayers

Kharadron Overlords

- Stormcast Eternal

- Lumineth Realm-lords

I'd say kharadron I suppose but not sure of the relevance here

5 minutes ago, lele said:

- Ogor

- Slaanesh

- Ossiarch Bonereapers 

- Daughters of Khaine

- Fyreslayers

Kharadron Overlords

- Stormcast Eternal

- Lumineth Realm-lords

Ogors, they have the power of friendship, the greatest treasure of all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, lele said:

- Ogor

- Slaanesh

- Ossiarch Bonereapers 

- Daughters of Khaine

- Fyreslayers

Kharadron Overlords

- Stormcast Eternal

- Lumineth Realm-lords

Kharadron, followed by/tied with the Fyreslayers, with Slaanesh in third place. Stormcasts don't count at their armor is 't actually made of gold, but the core of The Old World

23 minutes ago, lele said:

- Ogor

- Slaanesh

- Ossiarch Bonereapers 

- Daughters of Khaine

- Fyreslayers

Kharadron Overlords

- Stormcast Eternal

- Lumineth Realm-lords

Probably Fyreslayers. Iirc they sift through what they earned for Ur-Gold and then stick the rest of it in their Magmahold hoard. Given their Holds are largely self-sufficient and their society seems to put more emphasis on bloodlines than wealth - especially compared to other Duardin - it's fair to assume they have a lot of the stuff.

Kharadron probably have more wealth 'in circulation' but they probably make more active use of it in trading with other factions and each other.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3