The Rumour Thread

I think gw will eventually return to the concept of Aelven or Satyr Kurnothi but I really don't think it will be soon having seen this model, by which I mean 5th or 6th edition. 

Here are my overall thought. 40k stuff fine 6/10. The Necron character has a bit of a boring pose. The admech guy is weird in a mostly good way. 

Ionus Cryptborn. 9/10 A great suprise to see a classic model returning in such a cool way. I will pick him up when he's available separately as I've literally just finished painting up a couple of red dragons. PXL_20231014_152418055.PORTRAIT.jpg.b6a762a94982e6bfefa89028cc0e9433.jpg

Belthanos 8/10 The Kurnothi hunters are my favourite minis of the core range so to see a hero version is pretty cool. Just a little sad that we didn't see anything that takes inspiration from cursed city or Underworlds. 

New Ogor army of renown featuring Butchers but no new butcher model 0/10. The biggest missed opportunity of the edition. 

Dawnbringers book 3. Looks interesting 7/10. 

Kill team. I was kind of looking forward to seeing new striking scorpions but I not sure what I was hoping for but was pretty disappointed by how standard these models look. I'd like to see GW take more risks with their 40k redesigns but I'm sure there would be lots of annoyed 40k fans if the new models don't look just like the old ones. The scouts are fine. 

Old world. Pegasus 9.5/10. An excellent versatile kit. 

Foot knights. 5/10. At first I was really happy to see another plastic kit but the more I look at the kit, the less I like it. A lot of the crests look stupid which is saying something in a game full of stupid hats. The musician with the open visor and a colourful doll on his head is my least favourite. I far prefer the new Lumineth helmets to these. I also don't like the bib style tabards some of them are wearing. They also expose the problem that rank and file has with great weapons. They make the unit look overly busy.  I do like the armour, the shields and the basic robes. Maybe I can reverse the trend and put some Stormcast heads on them. 

New lady. 8/10. A great sculpt. Loses a point for the tactical flower and another for the resin. 

No tomb kings, army book, core book  or launch box info 1/10. I know there's another preview show coming soon but the 40th anniversary of fantasy battle is the perfect chance to show off the full launch line up. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

Ah, my biggest fears for the reveal were kinda true - Fomo boxes were the core of the reveal 😩

I like the Stormcast Dragon about as much as I don’t care for it, I have to say I do rather like its wings and the base is Killer! . Bretonnia minis were cool, and I’m sure someone out there is happy the old Knights are coming back. Not me.

What was shown was neat, but as the 40th year anniversary this was a total let down. I feel they didn’t care. The celebration has been a little lack luster. My fault again for hyping it in my head. I also can’t believe even a Made to Order of classic Warhammer minis was timed in for today.  

Apologies for the Grumpiness but yeeesh, what a bummer of a celebration. 

I totally understand your sentiment regarding the anniversary. This anniversary merch box they are selling is so sad. 😞

• Sad 1

I am holding out for a sylvaneth/Kurnothi warcry warband as well. Ogors and sylvaneth were mentioned in the loremasters episode of the gnarlwood with ogors getting their release very quickly afterwards. We are due a death v order warband next year now so fingers crossed.

• Like 5

I really like the look of Belthanos and am really excited to see them explore the bug mounts further. I love the pose and echoes he has to Orion from before, but re-imagined in a way that is cohesive and fits the look of the Sylvaneth.

Count me in as part of the group who thinks the men-at-arms and bowmen look just fine even today. When they are 3 feet away on a table and your looking at them as a complete unit it won't matter. The Knights of the realm could do with an update, but the kit is serviceable. I'm sure the plan is a multi-part plastic kit that builds realm/questing/grail knights in the future. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, madmac said:

I don't see any real hopes of Kurnothi after this, at least not the wood elf variety. They made a treeman the Avatar of Kurnoth, leading kurnoth hunters and tree-revenants with wild rider helmets. It's all trees all the way down. If the wood elf remnants can't even get an Avatar of their God that fits with their aesthetic they are doomed as a concept, IMO.

Whitefang confused emoji reaction!

• Thanks 2

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA MY FEELINGS ARE MIXED!!!! On the one hand, no Tomb Kings were previewed, we got maybe two or three actual kits revealed, and overall this reveal kinda stunk. 

On the other hand.... I now know to expect at least three resin kits, two new plastics (possibly an elite/heavy infantry unit), Ad Mech got a new goofy sniper who I love, and TOW is amongst the first releases of the new year.....

Overall I give this a 5/10 It was OK preview.

21 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

daam another book, with several orders armys aand my fishes and dinosaurs keep being ignored... im afraid my 2 factions will be among the few skipped factions on this narrative and boxes :(

still had hope for a gor rok, chakax or skink priest release so they were deleted on new book. and a idk hero on eel minimun

im really sad on oldworld news too, if. even the posterboy faction only got 1 new/redone unit and like 5-6 resins heros, what will other factions get? 1-2 resin heros at best im sure. 

i was hoping for at least 2-3 redone units for both posterboys factions, and 1 unit and 2-3 heros on every other faction

IDK appear in the book. I guess they are just not getting any new model.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

daam another book, with several orders armys aand my fishes and dinosaurs keep being ignored... im afraid my 2 factions will be among the few skipped factions on this narrative and boxes :(

still had hope for a gor rok, chakax or skink priest release so they were deleted on new book. and a idk hero on eel minimun

im really sad on oldworld news too, if. even the posterboy faction only got 1 new/redone unit and like 5-6 resins heros, what will other factions get? 1-2 resin heros at best im sure. 

i was hoping for at least 2-3 redone units for both posterboys factions, and 1 unit and 2-3 heros on every other faction

I don't think TOW has a poster boy. They started with Kislev, Empire and few other factions. They are just emphasising the two factions that sell at higher price in second hand market cause money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

They made an Ogre army of renown that focuses on a unit that can't even be bought on its own and is trapped in a $100+ box. So basically unplayable.

AND STILL NO PLASTIC BUTCHER

They'll be released separately when the 3rd book drops. 

Edited by Ogregut

I think the old Bretonnian knights will look a lot better if you swap in the arms and heads from the new foot knights, that should add a bit of dynamism to the older models.

The new Ionus model is very nice for Stormcast. I think they mentioned he could be used in any Stormcast army, which would certainly be nice if you don't play Hammers of Sigmar.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Love love love those AOS minis!! The Draconith is epic and Belthanos looks incredible.

Cannot wait for Dawnbringers III and the advancement of the narrative I just love it!!

On The Old World....Im not interested in it at all. I cant believe theyll charge modern prices for those sculpts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Dawnbringer update. 7/12 with StD and Khorne being very likely. 9/12, Callis and Toll have big chances as well, so 10/12?

Chaos: 

Beasts of Chaos
Blades of Khorne 📌
Disciples of Tzeentch
Hedonites of Slaanesh
Maggotkin of Nurgle ✔️
Skaven
Slaves to Darkness 📌

Death

Flesh-Eater Courts ✔️
Nighthaunt
Ossiarch Bonereapers
Soulblight Gravelords

Destruction

Gloomspite Gitz ✔️
Ogor Mawtribes
Orruk Warclans ✔️
Sons of Behemat

Order

Cities of Sigmar 
Daughters of Khaine
Fyreslayers ✔️
Idoneth Deepkin 
Kharadron Overlords
Lumineth Realm-lords
Seraphon 
Stormcast Eternals ✔️
Sylvaneth ✔️

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Damn, I was totally expecting some cool stuff for StD. After dawnbringer II with the amazing IJW release this feels like a let down. The dragon is cool and I like the concept / rules of the relecitors, but I find those skull masks / helmets stupid. It's a shame that the dragon concept is claimed by SCE.

The Kurnoth hero is a let down when expecting more mini's aestethic wise like Skaeths Wild hunt mini's. Now, it just another tree thing surfing an insect. Hopefully Dawnbringer IV will bring some new units, Instead of a couple of characters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Love love love those AOS minis!! The Draconith is epic and Belthanos looks incredible.

Cannot wait for Dawnbringers III and the advancement of the narrative I just love it!!

On The Old World....Im not interested in it at all. I cant believe theyll charge modern prices for those sculpts.

Well, if they overprice TOW too much, it might as well be dead on arrival, I fear. A shame that in my opinion the AoS lore lacks the spice and humor and depth that TOWs lore had. Maybe I just can’t get over that they made Nagash from one of the greatest menaces of the old world to a stupid comic book Skeletor. 

Just now, MacWarhammer said:

Well, if they overprice TOW too much, it might as well be dead on arrival, I fear. A shame that in my opinion the AoS lore lacks the spice and humor and depth that TOWs lore had. Maybe I just can’t get over that they made Nagash from one of the greatest menaces of the old world to a stupid comic book Skeletor. 

My guess is the following based on this extract from the article:

These regiments and other future regiments are returning in boxes that contain enough plastic miniatures to make a full regiment, not just a rank or two. With the Peasant Bowmen box, you’ll be able to build a unit of 32 archers, complete with a command group and Defensive Stakes.

A unit of 32 archers, complete with a command group and Defensive Stakes around 45 - 50 €. Maybe even less.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

My guess is the following based on this extract from the article:

A unit of 32 archers, complete with a command group and Defensive Stakes around 45 - 50 €. Maybe even less.

If it’s in the 40s or 50s€ that would be great indeed. Let’s have some hope. They can’t be stupid and must know that their investment is dod if too pricey. 

41 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

A unit of 32 archers, complete with a command group and Defensive Stakes around 45 - 50 €. Maybe even less

32 archers for same price as 5 tiny elfs like lumineths hammerers or swordmasters???

that would be way too cheap skinks are fantasy models, more horde than bretonians, and even older, and they cost around 40€ for 24 if im not wrong. so i would expect units of 32 models being in 60€ range, and that would be way too cheap allready for gw standars.

if they release every oldworld troop units in 32s for 50€ i would do a count as lumineth army easily for 120€ or so after discounts in high elf troops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1