The Rumour Thread

It doesn't seem to be up on their blog yet, and its not really a rumour for AoS 'proper' but I think it fits here fine. 

Cubical7 have announced they are continuing their license with GW, meaning more AoS goodies.

I am not a fan of RPGs really, but the stuff they put out for AoS & WFB are fantastic. The posters are lovely and the books are packed with lore and art. I'd honestly like to see GW put more effort in to their own AoS book releases, as the quality of C7s books blows them away. I really hope we see some more AoS books similar to the WFB cities one, as they are packed to the brim with content (even for those of us that don't play the actual RPG)

image.png.b71cc7f01a551ee11b814f593d300892.png

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

This is really off topic, and everyone here has probably read it, but just wanted to shout out how bloody amazing Godeater's Son has been. I saw a Reddit post stating Noah Van Nguyen is Age of Sigmar's Dan Abnett, and I couldn't agree more.

I'm a few hours in through the audiobook, who Timothy Watson also makes for beautiful listening, and the world building is just phenomenal in my opinion. The history and cultures Aqshy has been given, I am absolutely loving this book. You really get a sense of how this portion of Aqshy has changed its inhabitants over the course of history, and how it's inhabitants have changed Aqshy. 

And there's little mentions of Kurnothi, Hashut and even Djinns so far and even more mysterious sounding things.

Definitely recommend this book if people haven't read it yet. Timothy Watson is a spectacular narrator for this one. 

Upon reflection Godeater's Son has been my favorite AOS book to date. Van Nguyen really does a good job of making the world feel lived in. Most of the time when I read GW books I can feel the constraints of the authors to not add too many new things that they don't have models of or things that aren't already established in the lore. It doesn't feel like that's the case in Godeater's Son, while we probably won't see a majority of the things covered in the book on the table top, it does make for a better story. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Upon reflection Godeater's Son has been my favorite AOS book to date. Van Nguyen really does a good job of making the world feel lived in. Most of the time when I read GW books I can feel the constraints of the authors to not add too many new things that they don't have models of or things that aren't already established in the lore. It doesn't feel like that's the case in Godeater's Son, while we probably won't see a majority of the things covered in the book on the table top, it does make for a better story. 

Absolutely. And with how creative AoS let's hobbyists be, everything has potential for new army themes and conversions, bloody love this setting!

• LOVE IT! 2

51 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Lots of AoS units can be painted easly. It all depends what you want to achieve. It's nonsense that SCE are easier to paint than Seraphon, Soulblight, OBR or any other AoS army. Building wise I agree that the basic stormcast are easier than i.e the CoS Cavaliers, but that has nothing to do with painting. I am starting to doubt that people who are claiming that SCE and SM are easier to paint, have ever painted one.

The skaven example is bizar, as there is no difference in difficulty in painting a clanrat or a saurus warrior. As the technique you describe would work for both the same. The only difference is that you need more clanrats than saurus warriors to make an army. A lot more.

I mean it’s subjective but your probably ann easy to paint if you can spray a base coat of one color and just paint the detail with a few colors pots here and there.

yes there are some armies that can be as easy to paint as Stormcast and space marines. But it’s also equally nonsense to think CoS or Lumineth are in that conversation either

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

Am i the only one that hates painting flat surfaces like marines, rhinos, etc? I think AoS in general is more forgiving to paint. Just need more colours imho.

not at all. painting vehicles is partially why I can never play 40k proper. I realized I never wanted to paint vehicles... just wish I realized that after picking Guard ugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

Basically anything that is outdated (ogors, Skaven, chaos demons) or something still missing (dark Aelves, Tyrion) or brand new (silent people, kurnothi, chaos dwarfs) is a great choice. Another dozen of Stormcasts is not, no matter how good the models are.

And yes I am aware of this "Stormcasts are newbie friendly" argument. It's just this solution is standard, expected, simple and far, far away from blowing minds. Unless they put Sigmar model himself in the box...

Edit: If starter boxes are about being noob painting friendly why only 1/2 of the box are Stormcasts? Neither Khorne nor Orkz are easy to paint and Nighthaunt are easy only if you have an airbrush.

I see a lot of folks say kruleboyz were hard to paint, but with contrasts I found them pretty easy to paint. At least the stuff in the starter box. There were a few things like the structure on the back of the sludgeraker that were a bit of a pain but I found them pretty painless overall.

Nighthaunt aren't too tough either from my understanding. You can really push yourself on them with stuff like wetblending and whatever, so if you're trying to match the box art you're gonna struggle, but you're basically painting bedsheets so a beginner paintjob with only a few colors probably works on them.

Khorne has a ton of little doodads which look like a pain though.

If they wanted easy armies to paint Ogors should make it into a starter box, if they can restrain themselves from putting a million trinkets on them at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

I see a lot of folks say kruleboyz were hard to paint, but with contrasts I found them pretty easy to paint. At least the stuff in the starter box. There were a few things like the structure on the back of the sludgeraker that were a bit of a pain but I found them pretty painless overall.

What I find them harder compared to the Stormcast, is all the crooked metal and nails. But yeah, contrast paints work really well with them!

7 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

What I find them harder compared to the Stormcast, is all the crooked metal and nails. But yeah, contrast paints work really well with them!

Painting hack, just some black contrast makes for a good looking black metal on those little metal bits. If you want to spice it up after just drybrush a little silver on them.

Obviously there's a lot more you can do if you want to push it to a higher level though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone have any speculation to the size of the Kurnothi release that is coming at some point? 
I would assume since it'll be a pseudo sub-faction the Sylvaneth that we might see a Maw-Grunta esque size release wave?

I would like to think we would get 
-Kurnoth
-Woodland Aelves dual-kit (similar to the character from Cursed City) I would suspect the design would be similar to archers and blade-dancers from ole WHFB
-Beetle monster kit, no basis for this.. just hope
-Elite animal-aelves kit (this could easily be a Warcry Warband too)
-Hero on foot

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Anyone have any speculation to the size of the Kurnothi release that is coming at some point? 
I would assume since it'll be a pseudo sub-faction the Sylvaneth that we might see a Maw-Grunta esque size release wave?

-Kurnoth
-Woodland Aelves dual-kit (similar to the character from Cursed City) I would suspect the design would be similar to archers and blade-dancers from ole WHFB
-Hero on foot

Would love to get some hints about this release just to build up the hype. If there's one kit I would love to see released it's that of a new incarnation of kurnoth.

54 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

-Kurnoth
-Hero on foot

Probably they will look similar to Skaeth Wild hunt

so an infantry squad of Satyr Aelfs melee/ and bow version

cav squad of Centaur Aelfs.

Orion like Kurnoth model

the Malkyn beast pack

Assortment of generic heroes 

but it’s all conjecture until it happens 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

Probably they will look similar to Skaeth Wild hunt

so an infantry squad of Satyr Aelfs melee/ and bow version

cav squad of Centaur Aelfs.

Orion like Kurnoth model

the Malkyn beast pack

Assortment of generic heroes 

but it’s all conjecture until it happens 

I' definitely think we will get a unit of kurnothi hunters/trackers maybe a mix of regular aelves and bestial aelves 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

-Kurnoth
-Hero on foot

Honestly, I expect a Warcry warband at most.

• Like 1