The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, AzarFreymann said:

It seems the named hero will be "Megaboss on foot size", so maybe not an Ardboy hero (we'll already have one). :)

Do we know if he'll be an actual named character, it just a generic character who is, for some reason, sold with a name (like Snazcaller Stinkmullet it whatever the fungoid cave shaman was called)?

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

Do we know if he'll be an actual named character, it just a generic character who is, for some reason, sold with a name (like Snazcaller Stinkmullet it whatever the fungoid cave shaman was called)?

Yes he is called zoggrok anvilsmasha

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

46 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

What I mean is do we know if he'll be a proper named character, as in one you can only take once in your army, out is the name just a bit of lore fluff for an otherwise new generic character?

I have a suspicion, which could be entirely wrong, that it's just a named version like Fjori for the Grimhold Exile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elbaf said:

Valrak did a rumor on AoS in his today's video, about christmas boxset rumor (mostly 40K but talked about aos for once)

AoS could have Bonereaper box, Soulblight, a Chaos one/Be'Lakor theme ( without him but with Eternus ) and Seraphon

we will have to wait and see, it could be interesting

I’m calling BS on the Bonereapers, because unless they’re planning on basically rehashing the Tithe Echelon box from a few years back, there are barely enough units in the entire range to fill the box without resorting to big pieces or a lot of heroes. 

Alternatively it’s going to consist of like, 120 Mortek Guard because every Ossiarch force is contractually obligated to have at least 20 Mortek Guard. 

13 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

I’m calling BS on the Bonereapers, because unless they’re planning on basically rehashing the Tithe Echelon box from a few years back, there are barely enough units in the entire range to fill the box without resorting to big pieces or a lot of heroes. 

Alternatively it’s going to consist of like, 120 Mortek Guard because every Ossiarch force is contractually obligated to have at least 20 Mortek Guard. 

Unless Ossiarch are getting some love in the Harbingers books but i doubt,imho they will be back when the narrative will focus again on the eightpoints stalemate.

Yeah these rumors seems off, a battle force with all new not yet released space marines? Also new nids in a big box 3 months after release? I call bs on that. Most new armies had to wait till next xmass to get a battle force box like kruleboyz or stormcast from dominion. For Aos I believe the chaos one is correct and maybe seraphon. Apart from that I expect only older kits. 

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

What I mean is do we know if he'll be a proper named character, as in one you can only take once in your army, out is the name just a bit of lore fluff for an otherwise new generic character?

He is a named megaboss on foot , and we already have a generic megaboss on foot . So I guess he is unique named character 

• Like 3

Kinda love the idea of a blacksmith character forging pig iron. I hope he does it with its fists. 

So for Ironjawz we have:

1 Big Pig

2 Ardboy Big Boss

3 New Ardboyz

4 Zoggrok Anvilsmasha (with squig)

5 Weirdbrutes

This turns out be be quite an awesome wave! Models available Orruktober?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Kinda love the idea of a blacksmith character forging pig iron. I hope he does it with its fists. 

So for Ironjawz we have:

1 Big Pig

2 Ardboy Big Boss

3 New Ardboyz

5 Weirdbrutes

As per @Elarin rumors : preorder September 16th  !

Do not forget new Troggoth model(s) in the Troggoth box as mentioned by Elarin :

"Trugg's Great Troggherd - similar box to the recent Dawnbringers boxes with a mix of new and old models"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

It's not impossible. They've recycled Space Marine boxes pretty regularly (usually with Phobos). Court of the Craven King and Legion of Grief Battleforces had a lot of overlap too.

Last year also saw the Daemon Primarchs and Imperial Knights feature, so they're not adverse to big boys these days.

Getting a box with Nagash or Katakros or Arkhan and four Morghast with some Mortek Guard isn't the craziest theory. I'd have to guess this year they'll be doing some shrinkflation on the contents anyway.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

48 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

So for Ironjawz we have:

1 Big Pig

2 Ardboy Big Boss

3 New Ardboyz

5 Weirdbrutes

And a vanguard box for orruk warclans

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

It's not impossible. They've recycled Space Marine boxes pretty regularly (usually with Phobos). Court of the Craven King and Legion of Grief Battleforces had a lot of overlap too.

Last year also saw the Daemon Primarchs and Imperial Knights feature, so they're not adverse to big boys these days.

Getting a box with Nagash or Katakros or Arkhan and four Morghast with some Mortek Guard isn't the craziest theory. I'd have to guess this year they'll be doing some shrinkflation on the contents anyway.

Okay, adding Nagash and some Morghast would sell me on the box, but what I think would be more likely is Arch-Kavalos Zandtos, something else, some Kavalos, some Mortek, and a Gothizzar. 

1 hour ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Pretty much all of the box sets last year for both AoS and 40k had a big centre piece kit or special character so it's not unrealistic to expect that.

They could quite happily do Katakros, 2 Morghast, 3 Necropolis Stalkers, 20 Mortek Guard and 5 Kavalos Deathriders and it would be similar value to the ones we got last year and fairly different to 2021's box and give enough variation that players could add the Vanguard box to it too

• Like 2

I would of expected a seraphon next year, they normally do the battleforce of a new range the year after. But if going characters I guess kroak would fit the bill.

Ossiarch you could have the soul mason and liege kavalos although the latter had the broken realms box. doubt they would do arkhan more likely karaktos.

The kit for arkhan would more likely be used in the soulblight as neferara or manfred. soulblight have ridiculous amount of character vampires.

Unless.the chaos box is warcry heavy I'd assume eternus as he is also the kit for the chaos lord.

Then that woild also mean no destruction, in the era of the beast, I think following the rule of new kits wait a year for battleforce next year we'd likely see an ironjawz one.

31 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So, it seems like Cities of Sigmar is pretty popular in the States. Of the 21 kits on the store 15 are currently sold out including the new box set. 

You mean that the old kits (dwarvens and dark elvens) are sold out? That's surprising!

I saw a video where the creator talked how the US customers were buying always the top faction and then selling super cheap after it got nerfed, so it was super cheap to get second hand armies. Maybe it is related to that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

So, it seems like Cities of Sigmar is pretty popular in the States. Of the 21 kits on the store 15 are currently sold out including the new box set. 

It seems there really was an appetite for an army of regular dudes. Narratively, I always felt that it was an element that was missing from the Mortal Realms, but I was not sure if it would translate into sales/people actually picking up the faction. Glad to see that it does, though, I hope it translates to more Freeguild stuff and hopefully also bespoke Cities elves and dwarves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kempak said:

I would of expected a seraphon next year, they normally do the battleforce of a new range the year after. But if going characters I guess kroak would fit the bill.

Ossiarch you could have the soul mason and liege kavalos although the latter had the broken realms box. doubt they would do arkhan more likely karaktos.

The kit for arkhan would more likely be used in the soulblight as neferara or manfred. soulblight have ridiculous amount of character vampires.

Unless.the chaos box is warcry heavy I'd assume eternus as he is also the kit for the chaos lord.

Then that woild also mean no destruction, in the era of the beast, I think following the rule of new kits wait a year for battleforce next year we'd likely see an ironjawz one.

There were 7 boxes last year so could be more to come, and these aren't confirmed.

29 minutes ago, EonChao said:

There were 7 boxes last year so could be more to come, and these aren't confirmed.

I would say this is likely. Valrak had listed only 4 40K boxes before and updated this in his recent video, it is quite possible he doesn't know all of the AoS boxes. I would say though that it is very likely that the ones we were told about were coming, as far as I have seen the source he got this from has rarely, if ever, been wrong.

1 hour ago, Goatforce said:

I would say this is likely. Valrak had listed only 4 40K boxes before and updated this in his recent video, it is quite possible he doesn't know all of the AoS boxes. I would say though that it is very likely that the ones we were told about were coming, as far as I have seen the source he got this from has rarely, if ever, been wrong.

I would expect at least 6 this year. Now which two factions could get one is the other question.

Cities of Sigmar, Fyreslayers, Beasts of Chaos, Maggotkin of Nurgle and Flesh Eater Courts all never had one before (and Sons of Behemat but they are unlikely to get one)
Form those the only one realistic to get one would be Nurgle.
Fyreslayers and FEC are too small at the moment, BoC will also probably not get one before they get an update and Cities will likely only get one next year with their new stuff.

Then we have Ironjawz, Khorne and Idoneth who each only had one 2018 or earlier so could be time for another. Ironjawz is unlikely with their current range and the new stuff will probably only be possible next year but both Khorne and Idoneth would be possible.

Then of course they could just do another one for the other factions as with Bonereapers/Soulblight their last one is also only from 2021

Edited by Matrindur

3 minutes ago, HolyPestilence said:

Seems a bit obviously FEC, suspiciously so. Something Death at any rate. Could also be Chaos, but Skarbrand having 'strips of flesh left for wings' seems pretty iconic to him (and he's definitely not getting an update). 

99120207035_FleshEatersTerrorgheist01.jp

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1