The Rumour Thread

The army box are also not as enticing to buy multiples for general people (even though irl I seen more people have done this )

the miniature discounts is not as great as vanguard boxes and the extra thing like Battletomes and warscroll cards are hard to offload. Often times they put a model in the box that you don’t really need multiples of like Light of Eltherion or the Slann.

3 hours ago, Tonhel said:

Apart from the scale differences between the two sets. It seems the sets are very well designed with lots of customization. 

image.png.7672fb03237bfb417cf55809297193e9.png

It's always a classic from GW to make the elites and characters bigger than the rank and file so they stand out more. It's just artistic license, it's been done since classical art. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's always a classic from GW to make the elites and characters bigger than the rank and file so they stand out more. It's just artistic license, it's been done since classical art. 

No, it isn't. In all those years (decades) I am following / playing GW games I can say with a great certainty that there is no consistency in GW scaling. Lol, there is no consistency in anything GW does ;-).

It's certainly possible that the GW design team made those Cavaliers bigger to give them more of an elite feeling, In the same way with Cadian guard and Kasrkin, but to claim that this a consistent design philosophy of the design team is taking it a step to far. (imo).

Although I wouldn't mind if this is the case, but than I hope it's consistent and than everything can be like orcs, The bigger, the stronger / important... . I don't have any Lumineth, but are the more elite troops bigger than the battleline units? I don't think so. I do have Slaves to Darkness and there it is, but it imo makes sense to have a chosen a bit bigger than a chaos warrior and this is explained in the fluff.

Also, it's not that Cavaliers are from noble birth (better growing up conditions) or anything that explains fluff wise their bigger size. The elevate trough skill (not size) to the ranks of Cavaliers.

Edit: That said I love everything from the new CoS and can't wait to receive my box and hopefully we see a lot of new CoS mini's in the future!

Edited by Tonhel
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Why is Alarith Stonemage “no longer available online”? Did I miss something? Are they squatting LRL?:D

No, probably a reboxing like it going to direct from trade or it'll be out of stock longer than normal. 

Lumineth I imagine does pretty well in sales. 

It's been marked as "Sold Out Online" for some time but that likely just means that the allotment for the web store has sold out, and with AoS V4 coming next year, why do a full print run with current packaging when you can do a new run for 4th Next year. Still available in store and at multiple online retailers though :) 

"No longer available online" sadly doesn't actually mean anything anymore. It could be a reboxing, the kit being replaced, taking longer to make some/not planning to make some right now or just a plain old mistake. 

Before 2021 is was pretty good sign that a kit would actually vanish (for whatever reason) but nowadays many things on the webstore can be "No longer available online" without that actually being the case. For example right now for AoS Skarbrand and Sigvald are also marked and they aren't going anywhere. I can also remember Sigvald being marked since a few months ago (or at least multiple times during those months) so it can take a long while but it shouldn't be forever as he is a newer release.

The only way I know about to actually get better information is if you go the GWs trade portal and under order forms you should see an Insert_Delete document.

That one documents all code changes for their products (but only for retail products so no use for webstore exclusives)
If something is in the deletions tab without getting a new code in the insertions or code changes tab its pretty likely to go away.

But even that isn't 100% as for example last weeks (14.08) shows the COMBAT PATROL: AELDARI as going away and not getting a new code and that is very unlikely to happen. Also would be very strange if their Combat Patrol either goes webstore only as no other CP is exclusive to the webstore or gets replaced as it isn't actually that old yet.
Or another example the Ardboyz aren't in there at all even thought they are already gone on the webstore.

So the best way would be to double check both the webstore and this document

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Guttered I can't get the army box just yet. Just can't afford it amongst current projects haha. Already have 3 different Cities planned so I know I'll eventually get to them at least.

Mostly guttered at the moment though to miss out on the book. Want to dive into all the lore and art right away.

Can't wait to see everyone's colour schemes and conversions. We don't have new Flagellants but we have a plethora of material to kit bash from, particularly with the Sister Repentia models, or even the Horns of Hashut and Scions of the Flame units.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Guttered I can't get the army box just yet. Just can't afford it amongst current projects haha. Already have 3 different Cities planned so I know I'll eventually get to them at least.

Mostly guttered at the moment though to miss out on the book. Want to dive into all the lore and art right away.

Can't wait to see everyone's colour schemes and conversions. We don't have new Flagellants but we have a plethora of material to kit bash from, particularly with the Sister Repentia models, or even the Horns of Hashut and Scions of the Flame units.

My cottage trip seems to have saved my bank account as I missed it. Hopefully they get a battleforce one Holiday Season when I have enough to drop on a new project.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

Pure speculation but don't feel like they will follow up a big release like the city box with another big like all the new tyranids so I guess that leaves the side games, maybe something for blood bowl. 

Since I got in to 40k with the tyranidspart of the box I of course hope I am very wrong and all the cool new sculpts are released...

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

What do we hope for tonight? with NovaOpen around the corner
3 days to go

As others have said, probably Tyranids with a chance of Warcry. 

They still tend to alternate weeks from 40k to AoS. Skirmish games sometimes thrown in the mix to shake things up. 

44 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

As others have said, probably Tyranids with a chance of Warcry. 

They still tend to alternate weeks from 40k to AoS. Skirmish games sometimes thrown in the mix to shake things up. 

It will be just Tyranids for today. All new models + codex + combat patrol + datacards

• Like 4
  • Thanks 11

This week Cities Of Sigmar Round Table articles almost got me to buy the box, but I resisted :P Very interesting view of the CoS design and conceptual process anyway. 

And I'll still get the (generic) Battletome and the Warcry Wildercorps for sure. 

P.-S. ; one little thing bugs me. Phil Kelly mentions the Seeds of Hope - the first 3 cities in Ghyran - as being in the fluff "since Second Edition", which isn't quite right. The Season Of War campaign is summer 2016, AoS just being 1 year old at the time. Strange, as he must have written the first fluff pieces for them himself.

I've linked the old PDF for those interested in the very first Cities of Sigmar background. It was available for free on WarCom and AOS Facebook page IIRC. Good times :)

Warhammer Age Of Sigmar - Campaign - Season Of War.pdf

• Like 1