The Rumour Thread

My guess for the new vanguard.

-New named boss (my guess it has some brute buffing mechanic)

-New ardboyz

-Brutes (im hoping gore gruntas but i think that would be a bit much for a vanguard box)

-New Weirdbrutes

Edit: What do we think we will be seeing at NOVA soon?

Edited by Gitzdee

43 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

What if the weirdboy brutes are brutes with some siege equipmemt and the weird term is more similar to the oddboy 40k castes?(general term for mek,weirdboyz,doks and so on).

Grasping at straws i know but...

Bring on some siege gameplay as an Arks of Omen style rules expansion!
Ehf6olWXcAEwdG1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grunbag said:

I can see that @Whitefang reacted to the ard boyz on sides of the maw grunta so pretty confirmed to me !!

also it seems that morgok krusha is a mix of the 3 type of brutes (from right to the left on the pictur) :

- orruk brutes 

- brutes that ride gore grunta 

- weirdbrute 

am I correct ? 

71D67557-D2B3-4FE6-BA57-650BE4467A25.jpeg

Poor little Green Guy, he just wants to be a Space Dwarf! And who can blame him?

image.png.55b319fd333a72337fab88f054774aa4.png

• Haha 12

7 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

-New ardboyz

-Brutes (im hoping gore gruntas but i think that would be a bit much for a vanguard box)

-New Weirdbrutes

It will be fantastic if it is so !

We ' ll probably see Dawnbringers book 2 with all orruks/ironjawz goodies + troggoth. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

-New ardboyz

-New Weirdbrutes

2 Ironjawz units, 1 Krule and 1 bonesplitterz 

Bonesplitterz getting anything would be great to see with how long they’ve suffered since getting shuffled into the Orruk fold. The crazy monster hunters need love one way or another.

On Weirdbrutes my first thought is magical focused Brutes for battle shamans. Maybe Gordrakk’s quest for those artifacts he avoided to attack Excelsis instead have paid off being found and energized his boyz with new powers?

Another angle could be Brutes being weird and starting to go Bonesplitterz. In the Broken Realms stories Gork contacted Gordrakk by possessing a Ironjawz that converted into the Bonesplitterz so they could go that direct, switch fist-smashed armor for Ward paint and giant spirit cleavers while being hulks.

Would be fun if likewise the new Ardboyz included some Kruleboyz changing to Gork & Ironjawz praise and training in hopes they can beef out too into massive warriors. Give a vibe the three Warclans are interconnecting more with paths into eachother rather than be 3 hodgepodge groups crammed together because big green and mean.(or alternatively put Kruleboyz into their own tome….with all the new creatures they’re catching and raising they got room for expansion on their own) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Bonesplitterz getting anything would be great to see with how long they’ve suffered since getting shuffled into the Orruk fold. The crazy monster hunters need love one way or another.

On Weirdbrutes my first thought is magical focused Brutes for battle shamans. Maybe Gordrakk’s quest for those artifacts he avoided to attack Excelsis instead have paid off being found and energized his boyz with new powers?

Another angle could be Brutes being weird and starting to go Bonesplitterz. In the Broken Realms stories Gork contacted Gordrakk by possessing a Ironjawz that converted into the Bonesplitterz so they could go that direct, switch fist-smashed armor for Ward paint and giant spirit cleavers while being hulks.

Would be fun if likewise the new Ardboyz included some Kruleboyz changing to Gork & Ironjawz praise and training in hopes they can beef out too into massive warriors. Give a vibe the three Warclans are interconnecting more with paths into eachother rather than be 3 hodgepodge groups crammed together because big green and mean.(or alternatively put Kruleboyz into their own tome….with all the new creatures they’re catching and raising they got room for expansion on their own) 

I would love for Orruk Warclans to feel more connected. The lore is already there. Imho the rules and models still need to represent that.

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Check the Gloomspite, Ossiarch or Soulblight to understand how it would be composed. One infantry, one hero, one light cavalry, one elite unit/small monster

I am not sure bonesplitters will en part of anything . They haven’t receive anything since WHU band . They don’t seems to be part of GW plans anymore . 
It wouldn’t make sense they put mixed warclans in the vanguard unless they want ppl to play big waaagh ?  

so maybe

- 3 gore grunta 

- 5 brutes 

- 10 ard boyz 

- ardboyz boss 

1 minute ago, Grunbag said:

I am not sure bonesplitters will en part of anything . They haven’t receive anything since WHU band . They don’t seems to be part of GW plans anymore . 
It wouldn’t make sense they put mixed warclans in the vanguard unless they want ppl to play big waaagh ?  

so maybe

- 3 gore grunta 

- 5 brutes 

- 10 ard boyz 

- ardboyz boss 

Because the Gloomspite Vanguard is fully playable

• Haha 1