The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Really I’m just surprised after such a massive Tyranid reveal none of the recent “is that squishy thing a Nid?” rumors were for them.

IMG_1147.png

IMG_1148.png

IMG_1149.png

IMG_1150.png

https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html?m=1#end

more than ever they seem rather…fishy to me. 🐠 

Tbf only the second one there is overly Niddy and even then I probably wouldn’t have guessed that. I really don’t get the inclusion of the third one, which is clearly a humanoid hand?

21 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Plus side, down weeks like this are usually followed by a bigger release. I would expect Dawnbringer Box for announcement next week. 

The box is not gonna be announced before all the kits are shown. It is impossible before that.

On other point... the list:

Spoiler

Necromunda
NEW Core rules

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers
Cities Armybox
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
Scenary outside + Old warbands
3 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)
Krule Monsta-hunta

Underworlds
Skaven Pestilens
Starter Set Again?!
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Two more Knights
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought
Champion

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Marines from Agastus
Deathleaper
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Votann + Beastmen warbands + scenary outside

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Fatty Nurgle Star
Ivan the bones

Epic HH
The box
Warhounds

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The box is not gonna be announced before all the kits are shown. It is impossible before that.

On other points... the list:

Hide contents

Necromunda
NEW Core rules

Age of Sigmar
Cities Battletome + Infrantry + Cavalry + Foot Marshall + the Not-Ogor + Alchemist + Manticore + Fusiliers
Cities Armybox
Mistery book Winter
Dawnbringer: Orruks?
Dawnbringer: 3
Dawnbringer: 4
THE HYPE BOAR

Warcry
Underworlds meets Warcry starter Soulblight vs SCE
Scenary outside + Old warbands
3 Warbands (Order vs Destro)
2 Warbands (Order vs Death)
2 Warbands (who knows)
Krule Monsta-hunta

Underworlds
Skaven Pestilens
Core Box
Destro Warband
Rival Deck 2

Horus Heresy
Plastic Lancer
Two more Knights
Assault Squad
Mistery Army
Legion Command Squad
Primarch
Lords of War
Dreadnought
Champion

Warhammer 40k
Black Library Sargeant Astra Militarum Minska
Space Marines Codex - Launch Complete army
Tyranids Codex - Launch Complete Army
Marines from Agastus
Deathleaper
Adeptus Mechanicus
Necrons
Dark Angels
Orks
Adeptus Custodes
T'au Empire
Chaos Space Marines

Kill Team 
Votann + Beastmen warbands + scenary outside

LotR
Nazghûl and the Hobbits

Old World
Bretonnian Paladin + Standard Bearer
Tomb Kings Hero

Blood Bowl
Grashnak Blackhoof    
Fatty Nurgle Star
Ivan the bones

Epic HH
The box

The list is also missing the Epic Dire Wolf Heavy Scout Titans

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/06/heresy-thursday-unleash-a-pack-of-dire-wolf-scout-titans-with-a-new-plastic-kit/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Looked into it and this rumour engine specifically seems really fishy to me :

2023-05-09.jpg

It looks a lot like the body of a sturgeon, expect we see no fins and the scutes are different :

undefined

I wouldn't be surprised if it was from a Deepkin model. After all, sturgeons can live both in freshwater and in the ocean and also grow huge. I could see some Idoneth mounting one.

Sturgeon.png

• Haha 9

15 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

The narrative campaigns talkes about 4 over kinds of troggoth : Andtor frost trogg, moss trogg, armoured trogg, and "the rare Rock headed Trogg". 

5 Troll kits for 1 campaign might be a bit too much (even if I would love to see it happen) but I feel like they're not dropping out of nowhere. Maybe not all, but some of them could have kits. I'd be cool to see a moss covered troll.

This actually could all be one kit, you know. Probably on the expensive side, having all options in, but that's not something GW would shy away from, would they? So a centrepiece model for the Portaltrogg, and another smaller single or a unit of three perhaps?

• LOVE IT! 1

15 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Couldn’t they just announce the box at the same time as show the rest of the kits? I mean there isn’t much time left. The box will most likely be released alongside the Dawnbringer book which will IMHO arrive in the first half of august.

34 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’ve been seeing fin, but could it also be a scaled tail?

The closest match in Seraphon range are Kroxigors and yet they still have, well, scales. Chaos, on the other hand, usually have "skin" tails like Rumour Engine, Angron's one even looks similar with all the spikes. However, they're usually more uniform in color without this distinct bottom half coloration that living creatures have.
My bet is still on something fishy.

Comparison.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YoghurtKobold said:

Couldn’t they just announce the box at the same time as show the rest of the kits? I mean there isn’t much time left. The box will most likely be released alongside the Dawnbringer book which will IMHO arrive in the first half of august.

Yeah, but that is not happening right now. They are delaying to show the rest of the kits, and we only know the half of the wave.

Can we expect the release date of the box before September? Yes, but they need to speed up showing the kits.

Can we expect the release date of the box after September? Yes, because they are showing the kits very slowly.

Tell you what: The releases are very nice and all, as of late however I am sick of spending money for GW products all the time,

I am complacent with what I have. Also hype doesn't grab me anymore. I know this might just be me and I don't know if it's due to the current state of the world or the release quality of GW products.
Due to this the releases have become somewhat of a >Nice, but I don't really need it< fest although I play CoS. 

Does anyone else feel this way?

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Tell you what: The releases are very nice and all, as of late however I am sick of spending money for GW products all the time,

I am complacent with what I have. Also hype doesn't grab me anymore. I know this might just be me and I don't know if it's due to the current state of the world or the release quality of GW products.
Due to this the releases have become somewhat of a >Nice, but I don't really need it< fest although I play CoS. 

Does anyone else feel this way?

There's something to this. The Tyranid reveal and 40k 10th in general has left me completely cold. The Seraphon release was nice but didn't move me to buy anything.  I haven't bought a Warhammer mini since the Stormcast dragons. 

The cities release is absolutely the exception to this though. I'm buying the launch box for sure and probably at least one of every other cities kit they release. I think I'm so hyped for this release, I don't have space for anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1