The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Painbringers. Not even once.

(OK, OK. I stop now)

Yeah, not my cup of tea either. Over here we do cheap magic tricks and preen our feathers. Maybe hate on Lumineth. Oh wait, that's just me.

Edited by MitGas

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

twwh3_2023_roadmap_16x9.png

Place your bets ladies and gents!

Shadows of Change: Monkey King, The Changeling, and a Cathayan Tzeentchian Champ, new Kislev units.

Thrones of Decay: Tamurkhan

The Obviously Slaaneshi one: Snake Mounted Champion/Lord option. The Masque

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Shadows of Change: Monkey King, The Changeling, and a Cathayan Tzeentchian Champ, new Kislev units.

Tamurkhan would be SO SWEET! hopefully that's the case. 

2 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Shadows: Monkey King, Egrim/Blue Scribes, Mother Otenkya, Changeling Legendary Hero

Thrones of Decay: Tamurkhan, Elspbeth von Draken, Grimm Burlockson - Jubal Falk Legendary Hero perhaps?

Untitled: My hope - Dechala, Neferata, Aislinn

Probably - Dechala, Aislinn, Dark Elf character

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Shadows: Monkey King, Egrim/Blue Scribes, Mother Otenkya, Changeling Legendary Hero

Thrones of Decay: Tamurkhan, Elspbeth von Draken, Grimm Burlockson - Jubal Falk Legendary Hero perhaps?

Untitled: My hope - Dechala, Neferata, Aislinn

Probably - Dechala, Aislinn, Dark Elf character

Neferata being a mixed Vampire Counts+Tomb Kings army while leading up to Nagash would be nice... 

5 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Neferata being a mixed Vampire Counts+Tomb Kings army while leading up to Nagash would be nice... 

Yeah I think she will be like Arkhan the Black but opposite, a Vampire Count character with access to some Tomb King units

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Not angular enough to be a Tyranid. I'm getting water dragon vibes. Along with the rumour from a few weeks ago, could we finally be getting a second wave for IDK?Z98BP5YD0W92O8wT.jpg.7a6524b76ac5b41c826ee2cad07b63a7.jpg

Looks like a croc. Some kind of Deepkin unit?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Tamurkhan

23 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Tamurkhan

Legitimately curious; every time Nurgle is mentioned Tamurkhan is the number 1 go to as far as new characters goes.

I do not remember anyone ever mentioning the Glottkin. Any reason why they would not be a good pick as well?

15 minutes ago, JohnnyWolf said:

Legitimately curious; every time Nurgle is mentioned Tamurkhan is the number 1 go to as far as new characters goes.

I do not remember anyone ever mentioning the Glottkin. Any reason why they would not be a good pick as well?

Glottkin remind everyone of The End Times, and most people hate being reminded of The End Times. Plus, we got chorfs and Cathay, and Tamurkhan's big campaign book is kinda what inspired a large chunk of the new cathayan army list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyWolf said:

They are a possibility, but so far we have not recieved any End Times named characters, and there is a little controversy around the ETs, albiet mostly in the form of a grudge held by some of the Old Guard (though invalidating a game that some spent £1000s on or at least hundreds for a reasonably big army seems a fairly reasonable cause for sour grapes).

Tamurkhan seems like a likely choice for several reasons though. He is a popular character for one, secondly he fits well coming shortly after Chaos Dwarfs as his supplement introduced the Legion of Azgorh and the FW CD line, thirdly we already have some units from his supplement and a couple missing so he would make sense alongside them. Fourthly a matchup with the Empire makes sense for him.

THinking about it I wonder if these packs will have 4 LLs, with 2 for the monogod armies. This is because they are the only ones stuck on 1 LL currently and the format would use the precedent of the Champions of Chaos DLC. So in this case it would be Tamurkhan and Epidemious. I would suspect all the others would include the named herald and a mortal. Blue Scribes and Horstmann, Masque and Dechala as well as Skulltaker and Arbaal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, on the free hero coming alongside the next Total War Warhammer DLC, it looks like it will be Galrouch, the first Chaos Dragon

From the blog:

Free Legendary Hero: Another Legendary Hero joins the roster…a front-line fighter twisted by the Lord of Change!
  • LOVE IT! 2