The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I dont want any leaks as it takes away from the event being this close, but a snealy @Whitefang crpytic hint would be some fun!!

Also should be getting some silhouettes or background teases this week!!

True. I think maybe leaks was the wrong word. I meant the kind of super sure rumours but still rumours we got from Whitefang and the 40k guy last time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

If only they would release the Sons of Velmorn on their own. They would sell so many as Grave Guard proxies.

I'm pretty sure they're meant as a testing ground for a future GG update, and I've come to think this is one of Underworlds' side-purposes in GW's eyes.

Still waiting for those "default" Darkoath units though... (but according to Whitefang, Kurnothi might be getting something so yay)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

I dont want any leaks as it takes away from the event being this close, but a snealy @Whitefang crpytic hint would be some fun!!

Depends what sort of leak. I don't want potato camera pics that would force GW to reveal something prematurely. I prefer the reveals in the streams for the wow factor. 

However some words of wisdom and prophecy (aka "rumours") would be appreciated !

Good catch on the background teases btw ! 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, KingKull said:

I'm pretty sure they're meant as a testing ground for a future GG update, and I've come to think this is one of Underworlds' side-purposes in GW's eyes.

Still waiting for those "default" Darkoath units though... (but according to Whitefang, Kurnothi might be getting something so yay)

Pretty much. The first season's Underworlds kits were originally planned to be a low price point set of models aimed at the pocket money range to get kids interested. They then had a game designed that they were useful for and released with that instead. Now I'm fairly certain they're used for testing designs or playing with ideas that might not be ready for the full release.

On the Darkoath front I have no idea if they'll do "default" units. My gut feeling is that if they update Chaos Marauders it'll be with an element of Darkoath in mind but that the Darkoath will remain their own thing more focused in the side games.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I have an as of now unseen pic of a brand new Dawnbringer warmachine ! Enjoy ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Peut être une image de texte qui dit ’SIDE Horarios GT 4WD’

The Cities range looks absolutely gorgeous and packed with so many new minis ! Can't wait for GW to reveal it all...

what a perfect addition too... it even looks like Dawners can drag it with them!!

38 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I have an as of now unseen pic of a brand new Dawnbringer warmachine ! Enjoy ! 

Hide contents

Peut être une image de texte qui dit ’SIDE Horarios GT 4WD’

The Cities range looks absolutely gorgeous and packed with so many new minis ! Can't wait for GW to reveal it all...

Nice! It's a shame that from this angle I can't see if the crew are Dwarf or human or both...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Agreed! Love a good leak when we're far from a show. But this close to what is being built up as a massive reveal show at warhammerfest, I'd much prefer to watch the reveal xD.

Really hoping for a big narrative series for AoS. Give me some lore books to buy

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

grounded pieces. 

There’s some irony in that comment seeing all the lightning flying about. xD 

If MtG had a model version of the card game these guys would be shoe-ins for Planeswalkers with the super-powered spellmaster demigods vibes they’re rocking. ️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate the new UnderWorlds card artwork from the Stormcoven? By the God-king it looks good!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/04/24/domitans-stormcoven-are-ready-to-purge-the-wyrdhollow-with-holy-bolts-of-lucent-lightning/

image.jpeg.96699742c3afdb655db704503ea5e646.jpeg(Friggin’ badass anime finger-snap finisher)

image.jpeg.d18fd67d7fb9a9952751b6080465ea5e.jpeg
image.jpeg.58311970d6e9a70afdd2295af6483878.jpeg

Any Freeguild in the background? 😛

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Boom, Vykros vamps who have drank too much Sylvaneth/insect blood. Actually amazing looking concept!

That reminds me someone did art of the opposite idea of a Sylvaneth Soulpod being tainted by Vampiric blood thus a Revenant Soulblight.

https://www.deviantart.com/olieart/art/Kelsier-The-Shattered-Remnant-915873175
kelsier__the_shattered_remnant_by_oliear

Would be great to see both concepts together for a Realm of Death grove in a hangman’s forest with the Revenantblights ruling over a castle while the insect-vyrkos haunt the surrounding forests for any trespassers or hanging bodies that appear there after dying in another realm with more blood in them than they need.

21 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

Any Freeguild in the background? 😛

None that can be seen so far.

I’d be okay if they want to release them later.

We already seen Freeguild getting wrecked just at the entrance areas of the Gnarlwoods-

image.jpeg.88070628125803b839c6cb745c9638ed.jpeg

The Roothalls & Wyldroots below are the meat-tree and AoS version of a Sarlaac pit as the vast root regions try to pull prey into the writhing walls to digest. Maybe they can wait when we hit the actual “safer” ship rather than be subjected to that horrifying belly of the beast situation(literally called Ghur’s guts) where mortals are obviously not meant to tread.

image.jpeg.3cdc7796146d1dd6d42256dde37704f3.jpeg
image.jpeg.50d1ec54acaeccaa9997564ab80a9c5d.jpeg
image.jpeg.c426e46babd30d1288914585a01ae5fa.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's going to be difficult to last till Sunday. I'm gonna look at the Dawnbringer 3D renders and speculate what unit it belongs too, it'll make me pass time. 

God-king willing a new massive priest/wizard wagon but those “Sigmar is a wheel!!” fanatics intervened enough to stop the blasphemous use of wheels rolling through the mud so they slapped it on a metalith they tug around instead.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

God-king willing a new massive priest/wizard wagon but those “Sigmar is a wheel!!” fanatics intervened enough to stop the blasphemous use of wheels rolling through the mud so they slapped it on a metalith they tug around instead.

I do think these bits come from a reimagined war altar of Sigmar. 

CoSReligionRitual Jan05 Content3

What would be dope is getting war altars of Sigmar getting the Kharadron airship treatment. Getting a small war altar with the wheel fanatics, and a big, fat one full of gothic extravanganza and Sigmarite drip. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

It's going to be difficult to last till Sunday. I'm gonna look at the Dawnbringer 3D renders and speculate what unit it belongs too, it'll make me pass time. 

I think we have already established that the 3D renders are for new Dispossessed:

image.png.e1ba948074679afd9f2deeca25d06c09.png

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 4