The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

A launch set for Seraphon is probably only including:

new saurus

new raptadon

new astrolith bearer

new skink starmaster

new salamander

That would be cool but it's too much for a launch box. If there is a launch box it will be what was in the first trailer: 2 units of Raptadons (possiblly only 1 unit)  a unit of Saurus and a Slann. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Hopefully Destruction gets their time in the spotlight at the end of this edition after all then! IJ, BS and BCR could really use some Era of the Beast love.

I mean, if you wanna do an edition focused on Ghur, isn't it better to keep the Destruction stuff for the end to send them off with a bang into the next edition ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I mean, if you wanna do an edition focused on Ghur, isn't it better to keep the Destruction stuff for the end to send them off with a bang into the next edition ?

Would also be good to actually give some factions some beasts at the start so that they could have benefited from the Monstrous Rampage rules, especially some of the more Ghurian factions.

Edited by Snarff
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

At this point not much left to talk about lizzy

I think we just need to wait

but

thank you. im still holding out hope that there's some new big dino, etc that no one knows about yet as a surprise :)  but thanks.

saw your name mentioned on DakkaDakka so decided to come here and see the madness as it happens :P

SF

12 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I’m liking Dante, rocking the Angel armor down to the detailed engraved feet like a Dark Souls boss.

image.png.00607752b4748f7b64eb38f9b907f297.png

Between him and the new guard commander Solar-

image.jpeg.c6fc0cdf04cf1318d4762d0b87243397.jpeg

- I really like the shining angelic direction they’re taking.

Hopefully it funnels over to the Cities and we get some elite royal Azyrite guards based on the sentinel statues 

image.jpeg.06c44b60d3afde094dd53588ef9b195f.jpeg

Would be great for a unique looking human and aelven* variety of elites that travel down to safeguard settlements that managed to become bustling cities and bastions of Order that need them on guard duty with their celestial magics.

*(they look Aelven enough to double as that and it’d fit the lore as important Azyr places like the celestial city ring around Mallus was built by Sigmar, Grungni and Tyrion)

And of course I’d love the next wave of Stormcast Eternals to get some of that Dante drip for bigger and scarier looking angel figures.

image.jpeg.85d56b808ea1f869d16729c632da02c4.jpeg
image.jpeg.daab50d169214dece3f4f19ea23282fa.jpeg
image.jpeg.257ee484915b16681986ef91d0dde88f.jpeg

(The angelic wall guardian at the 12 minute mark ^ )

So much to hope for! Fingers crossed this Adepticon and following months up to AoS4 blows us away like Sigmar’s Tempest! ⛈ ☄️ 

Are we Soulsposting?! Man I love the lore and gameplay of the Soulsborne series (even if I'm trash at them). The games have easily become the third biggest influence on my fantasy writing, behind various mythologies and Berserk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

Would also be good to actually give some factions some beasts at the start so that they could have benefited from the Monstrous Rampage rules, especially some of the more Ghurian factions.

Yeah... a "Warcry monster or beasts" style of kit for some factions instead of a foot hero would've gone a long way into fleshing them out (hello IDK and FS... would you rather take some small scale fire/oceanic monster and/or little beasts, or another foot hero ?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Just be patient... Something is coming soon

Warcry Kurnothis maybe?

I like Kurnothi, but as a Sylvaneth player I don't think we need more units after the last wave. I even think Kurnothi could work well by themselves as a army.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That would be cool but it's too much for a launch box. If there is a launch box it will be what was in the first trailer: 2 units of Raptadons (possiblly only 1 unit)  a unit of Saurus and a Slann. 

Coulda sworn launch boxes get a little extra. If it is only Raptadons, Saurus, and a Slann I guess i'm waiting for the Christmas battleforce!

Just now, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Yeah... a "Warcry monster or beasts" style of kit for some factions instead of a foot hero would've gone a long way into fleshing them out (hello IDK and FS... would you rather take some small scale fire/oceanic monster and/or little beasts, or another foot hero ?)

So much this. Smaller Magmadroth cavalry, Zharrgrim priesthood Droth breeders or unmounted Droths for FS. Crab handlers/riders or other new sea creatures, mounted or not for IDK. Instead both armies get a hero, which in FS case was absolutely not necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Snarff said:

So much this. Smaller Magmadroth cavalry, Zharrgrim priesthood Droth breeders or unmounted Droths for FS. Crab handlers/riders or other new sea creatures, mounted or not for IDK. Instead both armies get a hero, which in FS case was absolutely not necessary.

I'd love to see placoderms for IDK at some point. That and crabs.

13 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Warcry Kurnothis maybe?

I like Kurnothi, but as a Sylvaneth player I don't think we need more units after the last wave. I even think Kurnothi could work well by themselves as a army.

Well, particularly for sylvaneth player...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Probably that we more or less know everything that the Seraphon will include, and have discussed the subject more than enough. 

Also a teaser for what a CoS unit will look like 

Ah, thanks. Thought the etching was somehow related to Lizards, but I suppose now it's a sign to start discussing CoS instead.