The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Draznak said:

If I remember correctly, Whitefang had reacted positively to this rumour (from Valrak, already him).

On the Adepticon preview, he's so dismissive of AoS that I wouldn't be surprised if he intentionally gave bad info (or didn't care at all to check his info). Answer in 10 days (or even a little less if there are the usual teaser images on facebook the previous days) !

The more I hear about Valrak, the more of a money grabbing clickbaiting so and so he sounds. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Chaos dwarves are a "when" not an "if" for AoS. outside of the little background snippets about them in the lore we have both the Horns of Hashut warcry warband, which confirms hashut is still around in the mortal realms, and hobgrot slittas in kruleboyz who work as intermediaries between the kruleboyz and the hobgrot's "dark masters". The hobgrots armor and weapons do not at all match the rest of the Kruleboy line, and they even have grenades. 

Who knows when they're coming, but they definitely are.

That doesn't definitely mean they're coming. They could also just be part of the non-main game, like Kurnothi have been for years now even though they've been mentioned countless times in lore. The Chaos Duardin already present in Warcry Warbands (Iron Golems and Spire Tyrants) also have lead to nothing so far. Not to even mention the countless other lore-bombs that have been dropped in battletomes that have never been expanded upon.

Edited by Snarff

Just now, Ogregut said:

The more I hear about Valrak, the more of a money grabbing clickbaiting so and so he sounds. 

I don't see him giving out false info, especially as a little jab in the middle of a random livestream. Not caring about verifying an AoS rumour? Absolutely, although I would still put him above the likes of Faeit in terms of trustworthiness.

Will we get Cities next week? We'll have to wait and see...

3 minutes ago, Snarff said:

That doesn't definitely mean they're coming. They could also just be part of the non-main game, like Kurnothi have been for years now even though they've been mentioned countless times in lore. The Chaos Duardin already present in Warcry Warbands (Iron Golems and Spire Tyrants) also have lead to nothing so far. Not to even mention the countless other lore-bombs that have been dropped in battletomes that have never been expanded upon.

Kurnothi also have had a warband. I'd love to see both Kurnothi and Chorfs, but there does seem to be more movement and set up for the Chorfs.

image.png.6b546b298769e0a15009e0acd959246d.png

Just now, EntMan said:

Kurnothi also have had a warband. I'd love to see both Kurnothi and Chorfs, but there does seem to be more movement and set up for the Chorfs.

That's what I mean, they're only in Underworlds as a Warband and in Cursed City as a hero (with quite different Aesthetics, just an Aelf with antlers).

• Like 1

Just now, pikachoux said:

Maybe im wrong but SBGL got a book last summer so why you think they will have a new one before FEC?

Soulblight and Ossiarch battletomes are completely gone from the GW site, FeC is still up. Hopefully that means FeC gets a bigger release.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpg

Just as a heads up these seem to be spears, not arrows

"Gosh, isn’t that confusing?! It looks like some spears, but what kind of Warhammer guy (or girl!) would carry two of them at once? What a palava."

Apparently that last phrase means this https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/what-a-palaver.html which feels slightly insulting?

Anyway, i think it could be from Chaos Duardin auxiliaries, a DOK/dark aelf, or maybe even some sort of Beastmen.

Just now, Snarff said:

Soulblight and Ossiarch battletomes are completely gone from the GW site, FeC is still up. Hopefully that means FeC gets a bigger release.

Thank you for the answer. I was a little upset because the FEC book is very very old. So if you are right, I will be happy to have new models for the FEC and wait few more months.

16 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

TOW wants to capture a new playerbase sure, but it also needs the veterans on board and supportive too and if they can do that by getting those older players to be buying GW again then surely they'll go in that direction.

you make good points here, and in those terms this box would make much more sense... I still think they are poor choices in terms of how they play and how they'll need to be expanded*. But you're absolutely right that these two are the exact kind of armies GW would entice the scattered old guard with to come back for TOW.

(*edit: I suppose that's also the point of the launch box though, to make you expand the armies)

Edited by CommissarRotke

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I also want other archosaurs, like bipedal crocodiles or giants like Hatzogopterix, and all the weird and wonderful things of the triassic.

Sadly I feel like they'll likely stay with "mainstream" dinos. Even if I maintain that the Carnosaur is a megaraptoran since it has big grasping arms with a really big claw on one finger, and a small head. And if you bring Triassic critters in, give me an Atopodentatus with its derpy face. 

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpg

I was gonna say "hey this makes me think of the Namarti Reavers, maybe it's new IDK !" then I went and checked on the website and it doesn't look like anything elvish in AoS so far. Elven arrowheads are slender, bland and pointy (just like elves). Those are broad and engraved with runes. I don't know what it is, but I think I know that it's not elves. Maybe a ("the") Slaanesh Warcry warband ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snarff said:

For pretty much all of AoS GW has been dropping hints to new factions, subfactions, and cultures in the lore, this is mostly to leave their future options open and add mystery to the world, Sons of Behemat started as one of these.

Some of them get pushed enough that it gets suspicious. Chaos dwarves are definitely one of these, hobgrots had 0 reason to be in kruleboyz outside of as a direct reference to chaos dwarves (They could've just used normal grots, like the ones that accompied old O&G and are all over the KB line as companions). Horns of hashut are also very relevant, as we don't have confirmation of any other "minor" chaos gods other than the great horned rat IIRC.

I put Gitmob, shadow aelves, and kurnothi in the same situation.

18 minutes ago, Asbestress said:

I don't see him giving out false info, especially as a little jab in the middle of a random livestream. Not caring about verifying an AoS rumour? Absolutely, although I would still put him above the likes of Faeit in terms of trustworthiness.

Will we get Cities next week? We'll have to wait and see...

Is Faeit still going? Stopped reading their stuff ages ago, just as bad as spiky bits. 

I stopped watching alot of you tubers, especially those who use clickbait titles and put out long videos without any real content. 

I would be suprised if a box set for cities is shown but as you said, we'll find out in just over a week! 

sSPpqPhdIznAuKJD.jpg

Why this makes me thing this is for something Slaanesh : you can see some color variation on the shaft, alongside the runes on the arrowhead and the weird stylish motif connecting the shaft to the arrowhead. What other faction in AoS would put so much bling and refinement on something so simple as a javelin/arrow/spear ?

Second : see how the arrowheads are broad, and are even barbed. This is the kind of projectile that would create massive cuts in flesh and prove difficult to remove without pain. Isn't it fitting for a faction that seeks to inflict massive pain (on themselves but mostly) on others ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

Chaos dwarves are a "when" not an "if" for AoS. outside of the little background snippets about them in the lore we have both the Horns of Hashut warcry warband, which confirms hashut is still around in the mortal realms, and hobgrot slittas in kruleboyz who work as intermediaries between the kruleboyz and the hobgrot's "dark masters". The hobgrots armor and weapons do not at all match the rest of the Kruleboy line, and they even have grenades. 

Who knows when they're coming, but they definitely are.

Just to note, they’re paymasters not “dark masters”.

They have to hire the Hobgrots services as mercenaries like others do(Kruleboyz use them as both mercs and pay-holders to keep their merc grots in check since they want to use Grot swarms but their swamps kill them off too easily so they have to outsource with gobbo mercs).

I think it’s an important distinction to make since Hobgrots in the Mortal Realms prefer to be merchants making deals and shark loans and only fighting because they’re forced to by superiors and profit potential in it.

But that aside I agree Chuardin are incoming but wouldn’t expect them until late AoS4 or further out when the narrative shifts to the technology side of AoS with the magic forges of Aqshy or Chamon.

On the spear rumor engine I do get Darkoath vibes. My bets are either the Slaanesh force in Nightmare Quest Warcry or possibly CoS with Reclaimed human auxiliaries.(the tribes that the cities are rehabilitating after liberating them from chaos)

2 minutes ago, StarFyreXXX said:

why didnt they make the skinks ride those instead of those new mounts... those look cool!

SF

I personally love the look of the Raptadons, they feel more AoS. Culchans are cool, I just prefer my dinosaurs a little more cretaceous looking. 

• Like 7

Do we really still think Nightmare Quest is going to have a Slaanesh warband? I can't see them releasing a Slaanesh tome so close to the warband without including the warband (and if it is going to have the warband I think they'd have spoiled it already so we don't learn about it first in the book this weekend).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Do we really still think Nightmare Quest is going to have a Slaanesh warband? I can't see them releasing a Slaanesh tome so close to the warband without including the warband (and if it is going to have the warband I think they'd have spoiled it already so we don't learn about it first in the book this weekend).

It wouldn't be the first time something similar has happened, especially as of late where their release schedule seems to shift around a lot.
Technically the GHB spoiled the points for lumineth and Tzeentch for example.

12 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Maggotkin book was released mid Denecember 2021. Heart of Ghur was released end of July 2022 and had been previewed a few weeks earlier. That's a bit of time between them but not that much. Boxed game stuff and mainline game stuff also sometimes interacts weirdly. The new underworlds team isn't in the gloomspite book despite being released first. Sliding schedules can make stuff line up oddly.

The slaanesh mechanic is interesting. You get tons of dice, since its 6 per turn.
You can offer your opponent 6's if they attack your chaff screen, or if they fail a save against a terrible shooting attack or something.

Euphoric killers is probably going to eat squigs alive, kill the unit once and get multiple keepers.

• Like 1