The Rumour Thread

I predict a new Broken Realms style end of this edition (maybe that will be what Dawnbringer Crusade is) if they are going to release all the remaining tomes before the end of next year.  They must have something huge planned. Broken realms was the introduction to Kragnos and the Destruction edition. And as the next one should be the Order edition (already had Chaos, Death and Destruction) is seems logical to me that it needs a Order themed prelude aswell and the name could be Dawnbringer Crusade imho. I think CoS will be in the 4.0 Dominion box with loads of new models. I would also like some more of those Broken Realms boxes, i thought they were great thematic boxes to add to an army or use as allies.

I also predict a renewed army like Soulblight Gravelords and i hope it will be BoC they deserve it imho. I dont see another destruction army happening or a huge update for Gitz although i am hoping for a small wave that updates the Spiderfang models and maybe a new unit. The Spider Incarnate that has been semi-confirmed by Whitefang and goes nicely with Spiderfang and the Gitz tome that still has to be released. FeC will also be getting an update i think as a few of the RE look like they have to be FeC models. 

If i could dream about a new army it will be an Evil Sun style Gitmob/Grotbag tome with those 2 factions. I still cant help but feeling this Destruction edition is a bit light on destruction releases though. Hope we have a good 2023 in that department. What do u all think?

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I predict a new Broken Realms style end of this edition (maybe that will be what Dawnbringer Crusade is) if they are going to release all the remaining tomes before the end of next year.  They must have something huge planned. Broken realms was the introduction to Kragnos and the Destruction edition. And as the next one should be the Order edition (already had Chaos, Death and Destruction) is seems logical to me that it needs a Order themed prelude aswell and the name could be Dawnbringer Crusade imho. I think CoS will be in the 4.0 Dominion box with loads of new models. I would also like some more of those Broken Realms boxes, i thought they were great thematic boxes to add to an army or use as allies.

I also predict a renewed army like Soulblight Gravelords and i hope it will be BoC they deserve it imho. I dont see another destruction army happening or a huge update for Gitz although i am hoping for a small wave that updates the Spiderfang models and maybe a new unit. The Spider Incarnate that has been semi-confirmed by Whitefang and goes nicely with Spiderfang and the Gitz tome that still has to be released. FeC will also be getting an update i think as a few of the RE look like they have to be FeC models. 

If i could dream about a new army it will be an Evil Sun style Gitmob/Grotbag tome with those 2 factions. I still cant help but feeling this Destruction edition is a bit light on destruction releases though. Hope we have a good 2023 in that department. What do u all think?

Dawnbringer Crusades is gonna be released this year as a midterm campaign and it will be the point to start the end of the edition as it was Wrath of the Everchosen.

Cities of Sigmar is gonna be released during First Half of 2023

This is what I heard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, that would be the Cities update and it sounds like there might be a change of focus for Cities when the next battletome drops. 

Dawnbringers Crusades has been positioned as a Wrath of the Everchosen/Broken Realms style campaign/narrative, not a battletome. 

The story has felt quite static to me for a while now; I’m excited for the next chapter and to see what happens next!

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I still cant help but feeling this Destruction edition is a bit light on destruction releases though. Hope we have a good 2023 in that department. What do u all think?

Yeah its been a real shame that the Era of the Beast hasnt been very beastly at all.

54 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Dawnbringer Crusades is gonna be released this year as a midterm campaign and it will be the point to start the end of the edition as it was Wrath of the Everchosen.

Cities of Sigmar is gonna be released during First Half of 2023

This is what I heard.

When you say this year do you mean 2022 or within a year as somewhere between now and next November?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

The story has felt quite static to me for a while now; I’m excited for the next chapter and to see what happens next!

100% this. Hope it will be something good. Does someone know how Dawnbringer Crusades is connected to Ghur already?

Edit: 

Also want to raise some awareness for this topic. I think it is fun to see what u all are working on and a great way to motivate each other. Would be nice if more people joined.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Captura de pantalla 2022-11-02 074353.png

It seems all the Order books are gonna be released before Dawnbringer Crusades campaign starts

Odd to see something so relatively recent go No Longer Available - although you can still get him as part of the start collecting box.

Hopefully there is some new good KO model goodness on the way..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

Odd to see something so relatively recent go No Longer Available - although you can still get him as part of the start collecting box.

Hopefully there is some new good KO model goodness on the way..

The most plausible motive is that they are repacking it

• Like 1

The WH email from yesterday, pushing the death factions, mentioned tomes in everyone one. Knowing they pull tomes a few weeks before pulling them, would this be the opposite? They wouldn’t be so cruddy to encourage people to buy books they plan on discontinuing/updating in just a few months, after the new year, right?

Right?

This is probably going to test the limits of “rumor thread topic” but I was talking to my friend the other day (the person who got me into AoS and is my LGS contact too) about how the game feels like it’s really healthy, it seems relatively well balanced, and the battletomes are all pretty great, but I’ve had almost no desire to play for weeks now, and participation in our local group which was great for such a small community had also dropped off. Everyone has moved on to other games.

I picked up 30k this month.

We think it really all stems down to the lack of communication/rumors from GW to hype things up, the lack of minis and line expansion/updates, and magnified by a, frankly, bad GHB. Maybe people liked it, but it’s been really unpopular in our local meta. The game just needs more support and with all signs pointing to a big 40k year in 2023, they don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon, which makes me really sad.

I mean, it feels like I started playing just in time to be backburnered.

at least the new Ogors tome really hyped me up.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Imho the game has never been more hype. Every model released looks better than the one before. The lore is really fun and i am starting to understand the mortal realms more. Ofcourse things have been a bit slow for some armies but i also dont expect GW to revamp every army each year. I am also really hyped for things to come. Really looking forward to the tomes that still need to be released, especially Gitz, CoS, Fec and BoC could really be hype releases. Last year was also a good year for me. I got updated Sylvaneth and Nighhaunt with some awesome new models. I also really like what Underworlds and Warcry is doing for AoS. I am starting to get into Warcry and want to get a game in soon with the new edition if i can. Also am really motivated to paint a lot of stuff up at the moment. Maybe it is just me but i couldnt be more happy with the hobby at the moment. 

Edited by Gitzdee
cleaned up my rambling
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

They wouldn’t be so cruddy to encourage people to buy books they plan on discontinuing/updating in just a few months, after the new year, right?

My beliefs about GW may differ from others. I personally think this is exactly the kind of thing they'd do ☹️

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sahrial said:

We think it really all stems down to the lack of communication/rumors from GW to hype things up, the lack of minis and line expansion/updates, and magnified by a, frankly, bad GHB. Maybe people liked it, but it’s been really unpopular in our local meta. The game just needs more support and with all signs pointing to a big 40k year in 2023, they don’t think it’s going to happen anytime soon, which makes me really sad.

Same feeling at my local club, we were at least 10 people playing AoS consistently every week with the first ghb. Now, there is only myself and two other persons who are playing AoS occasionally. I have done  intro games with and without battletactics and in either cases the players felt it was too much to take in ( core rules + their army's rules)

Even the PtG group who had lots of success is now deserted, which I did not expect. From the feedback that I've gathered, there are too few battle-plans, some armies had  just an auto-win or auto-lose based on who is the attacker or defender in a scenario (ala 1st ed of Warcry).  The "after sequence" you have to do after each game is too much "rules bloat" and territories are 'useless'.

Ironically, there are a lot more AoS tournaments happening, however giving the current GHB rules and the nasty lists that are being  played, it's not going to attract fresh nor casual blood imo.

Final observation from my local club, a lot of people who were unhappy with the  9th ed of 40k have tried AoS and are now back into playing 40k with the new codexes.  

Edited by Sigmarusvult
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

This is probably going to test the limits of “rumor thread topic” but I was talking to my friend the other day (the person who got me into AoS and is my LGS contact too) about how the game feels like it’s really healthy, it seems relatively well balanced, and the battletomes are all pretty great, but I’ve had almost no desire to play for weeks now, and participation in our local group which was great for such a small community had also dropped off. Everyone has moved on to other games.

I picked up 30k this month.

I mean, it feels like I started playing just in time to be backburnered.

at least the new Ogors tome really hyped me up.

I saw people lose interest with the AoS 3.0 rules personally. Might be a coincidence too, my sampling size isn't exactly big enough to make a truly educated guess with it, but I felt like people actually liked AoS being really easy to play. The slow releases don't help either but Slaves should bring back some interest for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I saw people lose interest with the AoS 3.0 rules personally. Might be a coincidence too, my sampling size isn't exactly big enough to make a truly educated guess with it, but I felt like people actually liked AoS being really easy to play. The slow releases don't help either but Slaves should bring back some interest for sure.

I think 3.0 has just had a cursed rollout in a lot of ways. Started with new rules that weren't particularly loved, (And the two most boring/worst written tomes for the entire edition so far) followed it up by the slowest release schedule AoS has seen since the full Covid lockdown days of 2020 and capped off with the frankly awful seasonal rules. There's just not been much of anything to keep the wider fanbase motivated, on any level.

Now granted, as more battletomes have rolled out, the balance between them has actually been surprisingly decent but that's the kind of thing that only players who are already engaged are really going to appreciate, and it's overshadowed by things like the GHB rules in any case.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think 3.0 has just had a cursed rollout in a lot of ways. Started with new rules that weren't particularly loved, (And the two most boring/worst written tomes for the entire edition so far) followed it up by the slowest release schedule AoS has seen since the full Covid lockdown days of 2020 and capped off with the frankly awful seasonal rules. There's just not been much of anything to keep the wider fanbase motivated, on any level.

Now granted, as more battletomes have rolled out, the balance between them has actually been surprisingly decent but that's the kind of thing that only players who are already engaged are really going to appreciate, and it's overshadowed by things like the GHB rules in any case.

We had more books this first year than any other AoS or Fantasy edition. The lack of content or news is more a perception than a reality

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

We had more books this first year than any other AoS or Fantasy edition. The lack of content or news is more a perception than a reality

Nearly the entire year has just been books, largely released sporadically in pairs months apart from each other. Furthermore, with only a handful of exceptions every battletome has just been a minor facelift that smoothed out their 2E rules a bit. Minimal effort battletome releases do not spike interest much, even with me giving the new design team some credit on their balancing.

Outside of battletomes and single hero releases we've had:

That Krondspine/Terrain set

One unit and additional hero for Nighthaunt

Two units for Sylvaneth, literally the second biggest release of the year, or arguably tied with STD if the rest of the range comes out in Jan

An upgrade sprue for SoB

A box set for STD with three new sculpts, rest of the range to follow likely sometime early next year

The only year that comes close in terms of models released is 2020, the year where all AoS releases were straight up halted for six+ months.

• Like 6