The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

What's weird is Fyreslayers received a special character in the form of Bael-Grimnir via White Dwarf. It was a Prince Vhordrai situation where they just handwaved away the existing Runefather On Magmadroth as him, but it's funny how he didn't make the cut into the new Battletome but Vhordrai did.

I really hope 4th Edition is the Crusades into Ulgu to discover its murky secrets and I really hope its Duardin leading the charge.

Update Kharadron with a new troop type and Ship, give Fyreslayers 5 new kits, 3 troops a Monster and a Warmachine and have them be leading the charge into Ulgu. 

Whilst there we get Malerions Aelves and discover a whole host of Dispossessed that survived the Age of Chaos and thus uttering in a new age of Reclaimer Duardin!!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

10 hours ago, Jetlife said:

I feel like Seraphon doesn’t need a lot. Everything that  is played is plastic outside of Salamanders and Kroxigor… which is coming at some point. The rest of their sculpts look decent enough to continue with. 

Skaven, Beasts and Ogres need a decent over work in my opinion. 

Skaven has a lot of decent stuff, but at same time a lot of old metal or resin. I think they could get an honest legit update with only a handful kits and be good for foreseeable future. 

Beasts to me needs a complete overhaul. Similar to how they did Soulblight. New models everywhere. 

Ogres is a weird one. Their aesthetic is just overweight human. Nothing about their look screams man eating ogre. However I can’t see them doing a complete overhaul when a majority of their line is already in plastic. I assume they will just update some of the kits over time. 

Flesh eater just needs some beautifully sculpted heroes. Named ones at that. I know I heard a rumbling of a ushoran model. Two of the rumored pictures might be him sitting on a throne. 

The rest from a gameplay prospective have enough. The sad part is, it’s impossible to get that much variety on the table as far as units anyways and you will never get every model from a faction into most games. From a collectors viewpoint then bring on waves to collect!!! 

**Exception to the rule might be Fyreslayers. But I think that is more we just want to see some unit variance. Everything looks exactly that same. Tapping into some volcano creatures could help stir the straw in that drink again….

I really disagree about Seraphon. Their Saurus Knights look prehistoric in the wrong way, chameleons and salamanders not so different.

I also disagree for factions like Kharadron, which have so much design space unexplored, both in game and models. I don't count a single usable infantry hero per edition, I mean real kits.

Skaven kan keep some models, but most should be updated.

FEC also have some kits that aren't ugly as sin, but need much work. And a plastic Mournghul.

Beasts need a lot of work, we agree there. With things like the Ogroid Thaumaturge, new Tsaangors and Underworld team, they have shown they can design them, so that gives hope.

I get what you mean about ogres, but I kinda like these. I use the Blood Bowl ones to harass my d&d players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My new hope for the end of this edition is a Troggoth picking up Azhags crown for 3 reasons.

1. Get a new king for the Troggoths. Throgg is probably not getting back and if he did wont be part of Gitz.

2. Resurrect Azhags spirit into AoS as his crown is literally put into the Temple of Sigmar for safe keeping.

3. Get a Wizard into the Troggoths subfaction.

Now i'll go find a wishing well.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Was Azhag’s crown not Nagash’s crown? It’s a while since I last read that lore so I might be wrong!

I’m so excited to see the new Warcry warbands and like many here, I’m hoping they’re not all Chaos cultist types again…

Yep, it's the Crown of Sorcery. 

If I remember correctly, sigmar wore it for a while and it started corrupting him until he resisted and eventually defeated nagash. 

Later it would be found and worn by Azhag the Slaughter which gave him necromatic magic in the game, along with Stupidity as the crown whispered in his ear. 

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Yep, it's the Crown of Sorcery. 

If I remember correctly, sigmar wore it for a while and it started corrupting him until he resisted and eventually defeated nagash. 

Later it would be found and worn by Azhag the Slaughter which gave him necromatic magic in the game, along with Stupidity as the crown whispered in his ear. 

Forgot about the Stupidity thing but that makes it even more perfect for Troggoths who are stupid to begin with and used to have the same rule. Might have to just convert a Dankhold with a crown and give it an arcane tome just because i can now.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

My new hope for the end of this edition is a Troggoth picking up Azhags crown for 3 reasons.

1. Get a new king for the Troggoths. Throgg is probably not getting back and if he did wont be part of Gitz.

2. Resurrect Azhags spirit into AoS as his crown is literally put into the Temple of Sigmar for safe keeping.

3. Get a Wizard into the Troggoths subfaction.

Now i'll go find a wishing well.

Well now I want a Trogg King as well!! King Brodd and King Trogg, bring us Destruction Royalty!!

2 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Was Azhag’s crown not Nagash’s crown? It’s a while since I last read that lore so I might be wrong!

I’m so excited to see the new Warcry warbands and like many here, I’m hoping they’re not all Chaos cultist types again…

I think Seraphon is a safe bet. Outside of them who knows!! Im hoping for a few Destruction Warbands and am personally hoping they arent Kruelboyz. I want Ogor Maneaters or Troggoths. If it is a Warclans Warband make them Bonesplitterz!!

33 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Forgot about the Stupidity thing but that makes it even more perfect for Troggoths who are stupid to begin with and used to have the same rule. Might have to just convert a Dankhold with a crown and give it an arcane tome just because i can now.

Perhaps it has the adverse affect om the wearer and we get a tactician Trogg!!

• Like 1

Trees usually have a bark that’s worse than their bite, but gnarloaks will bark at you AND bite you. These gore-swollen shrubs can even uproot themselves to ensnare unwary travellers in talon-like branches.”

sylvaneth groves like: “Hey they’re talking about Kevin’s family! I know that guy!”

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Yep those are going to be the warbands for this season, last season had 10 native warbands and there are 10 icons here too, great to have this kind of confirmation. No need to reveal a model or anything, just tell us what we can look forward to ind the future. 

So we have the chaos undivied (?) in the HoH

Nurgle in the nasty stinkmen.

Soulblight in Dreadfang.

Ironjawz in Kraktoof.

Gitz in stinkhorn.

Gitz again (?) in Spinecrawler.

Maw lads in the pits.

Tzeentch in Wyrd.

CoS in camp fortune.

??? in Ven Talax.

4 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Yep those are going to be the warbands for this season, last season had 10 native warbands and there are 10 icons here too, great to have this kind of confirmation. No need to reveal a model or anything, just tell us what we can look forward to ind the future. 

So we have the chaos undivied (?) in the HoH

Nurgle in the nasty stinkmen.

Soulblight in Dreadfang.

Ironjawz in Kraktoof.

Gitz in stinkhorn.

Gitz again (?) in Spinecrawler.

Maw lads in the pits.

Tzeentch in Wyrd.

CoS in camp fortune.

??? in Ven Talax.

Do i see Bonesplitters and Spiderfang? Today is a good day people. 

Edit: And what seems like more Gitz indeed

Edited by Gitzdee
  • LOVE IT! 1

We know that a big chaos centaur, whom is not a relative of Kragnos either or the BoC, will come as a big monster for this edition, i wonder what other monsters will come aswell. Last time we had 3 and a box of smaller critters, hope we get that again, but this time i want them to be more faction agnostic than just pure chaos.

• LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

I think the chaos undivided icon could be the Hashut warband, if only because nothing else fits them. And the skull at Ven Talax's path does look seraphon-y to me (although I consume vast amounts of copium, mind you) because of those rounded spiky bits

It's got to be, I saw somewhere else a blurb about Hashut that "questioned his divinity" so Hashut might be thrown into Undivided as a deity-but-not-big4

• Like 1

The number of previews makes me think that we are going to see warcry go up for pre-order very soon. I'm definitely intrigued by that map of factions. I hope it's a tease of new warbands and not just- "look you can take all these pre-existing factions". 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

Wait, i think i have figured out what what faction Ven talax is from.

image.png.dd472f4a17f1d883ad9495cd61c597fb.png

I think it's Stormcast. A lot of their iconography is a skull/helmet with lots of those tiny spikes around it. Plus it would fit with them being so close to the CoS/Dawnbringer position which is also a skull. That, and the posterboys going without a bespoke warband would be a bit odd.

376658b73541234b063778a59355620dbc65fa80

99120218052_SCELordCommanderBastianCarth

Ossiarchs usually use beetles, vaguely Egyptian shapes or the Centurion-esq helmet crest.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

Krakentoof =Bonesplitterz (meh)

Dreadfang= ? (🤞 graveguard equivalent) 

Spinecrawlers web = spiderfang

Great stinkhorn= gloomspite (fellwater troggs are stinky 😉)

Van talex =?

Camp fortune = dawn bringers

Wyrdlights=tzeentch

Eater pits = ogors