The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

I'm a bit sad its chaos v chaos again, having a nurgle warband is a slight variation, which is nice, but pretty soon the StD book will be nothing but warcry and underworlds kits. Having it set in ghur gives so many interesting alternatives too.
I do like the scenery though, it'll go well with my thondia box so I can paint all of it up and have a pretty cool ghur themed table.

Even the leakers don't care about our armies 😢

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

Yeah I'm with you on the Warcry Warbands, the Chaos battletome is going to be so bloated with those units. Having a couple of them is cool but when you start to catch up to the Necromunda Gangs and it all goes into one faction? 

Im really hoping that these 2 are the only 'Classic Chaos' Warbands. Ill take a Skaven or Beasts of Chaos Warband but Im done with these Mortal Warrior Bands. Im hoping for at least 2 Destruction Warbands and will be severely dissapointed if we dont get any. At least it would seem that Seraphon is getting one. 

1 hour ago, CeleFAZE said:

A warband would be a great way to finally give chameleon skinks a plastic kit.

I would rather Saurus but Chameleon Skins are a close 3rd!!

27 minutes ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/11/your-journey-into-the-heart-of-ghur-starts-with-a-look-inside-the-new-warcry-boxed-set/

Some more Warcry news heading our way. It looks like the "war band tome" will have information for both war bands, and the article references Hashut and "chaos corrupted duardin." I'm really getting my hopes up now, how about you guys?

Im excited by the idea of these Lore/Tomes. Especially if we get Destruction Warbands!!

• Like 2

Alright, seeing the warband tome made me think that, most likely, warcry will see releases in the same style that kill team does. Basically every now and then they'll release a box with two new warbands, terrain and ryles for all of that. Then after some time they release it separately (though idk if kill team terrain gets separate releases). Come to think of it, that's how it is since Catacombs, but now I'm pretty sure. Means we'll get releases for warcry rather rarely, I preferred when they released a bunch of warbands withut locking them behind a box, but in the end it's just a bit of a longer wait if you want one specific warband

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Alright, seeing the warband tome made me think that, most likely, warcry will see releases in the same style that kill team does. Basically every now and then they'll release a box with two new warbands, terrain and ryles for all of that. Then after some time they release it separately (though idk if kill team terrain gets separate releases). Come to think of it, that's how it is since Catacombs, but now I'm pretty sure. Means we'll get releases for warcry rather rarely, I preferred when they released a bunch of warbands withut locking them behind a box, but in the end it's just a bit of a longer wait if you want one specific warband

Im still hoping that the rumoured 3 week drop includes another Warband.

But now I think of it, maybe its Warcry one week then Witch Hunters and on the third Khorne.

2 hours ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Yeah, when they showed the booklet that goes with the set that acts as a "Miniature battletome for the warbands" i had the same feeling. If you want the warband you either need the big box, go to ebay or wait 3-12 months for them to go on sale seperately.

17 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

When warcry was first released did the non starter bands release at the same time or were they drip fed to us?

Nope, they gave us quite a bit right out of the gate. July 2019 gave us the starter (with Iron Golems and Untamed Beasts) along with the Cypher Lords separately. Then a few weeks later in August we got the Unmade, Splintered Fang and Corvus Cabal. Plus Monsters and Mercenaries came out not too much later 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:13 AM, Sahrial said:

I honestly feel the rotmire creed is a waste on Maggotkin cultists. That whole aesthetic screams kruleboyz to me. Swamp skirmishers with fantasy gillie suits  and poison dart guns? C’mon that’d be great for cunning Orrucks.

Nurgle swamp mortals feels so on the nose in a bad way for sure. Can't really place exactly why, I know part of my disappointment @ the new starter box is that it's Chaos vs Chaos again. Could have done Swamp orruks, swamp seraphon, or swamp beastmen. Heck even Swamp non-cultist humans would be great. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Im still hoping that the rumoured 3 week drop includes another Warband.

But now I think of it, maybe its Warcry one week then Witch Hunters and on the third Khorne.

Are you confusing this with the rumoured upcoming 3 week period where GW employees arent allowed to book holidays? 

If this rumour is true then traditionally they only occur for massive releases such as new edition launches and new game launches.

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Nurgle swamp mortals feels so on the nose in a bad way for sure. Can't really place exactly why, I know part of my disappointment @ the new starter box is that it's Chaos vs Chaos again. Could have done Swamp orruks, swamp seraphon, or swamp beastmen. Heck even Swamp non-cultist humans would be great. 

Swamp Troggs!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/11/your-journey-into-the-heart-of-ghur-starts-with-a-look-inside-the-new-warcry-boxed-set/

Some more Warcry news heading our way. It looks like the "war band tome" will have information for both war bands, and the article references Hashut and "chaos corrupted duardin." I'm really getting my hopes up now, how about you guys?

Trying man, really trying. Except we already had Duardin and Hashut, and really bloody good Models.

Question is, are Hashut and his forces going to Appear before Malerion? Or will it be another long Haul wait for a much anticipated faction and the Horns of Hashut are just another Kurnothi.

I know this my second negative post pf the day. But I feel neither AoS nor Fantasy is getting much love. 

50 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Trying man, really trying. Except we already had Duardin and Hashut, and really bloody good Models.

Question is, are Hashut and his forces going to Appear before Malerion? Or will it be another long Haul wait for a much anticipated faction and the Horns of Hashut are just another Kurnothi.

I know this my second negative post pf the day. But I feel neither AoS nor Fantasy is getting much love. 

I think of it as proof that Games Workshop have determined on using Chaos Dwarves, but are building to them slowly. I honestly think that the success or failure of squats will be a large determining factor on if they want to invest on a dwarven faction of an older army that had struggled in the past but with a dedicated and loyal following.

I can see it going three ways: First chaos dwarves get a full release and continued support. Second chaos dwarves get a small release like Fyreslayers, Harelequins or Daughters of Khaine and get slowly built up with minor releases. Third and final option they become a subfaction for S2D with a hero an optional battleline and a Hellcannon.

Edited by Neverchosen

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Don't remind me man, I'm still regretting the fact that I got into the hobby too late to pick up my favorite faction (look at my profile name), and didn't have the guts to pick up the Forgeworld kits when they were around. I honestly think that Chorfs will come before Malerion, mostly because they've been bull;t up to an extent throughout battle tomes and Black Library books to the extent that we have confirmed cities ruled by them (Zhar Vyxxa in Shish to name one).

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

I think of it as proof that Games Workshop have determined on using Chaos Dwarves, but are building to them slowly. I honestly think that the success or failure of squats will be a large determining factor on if they want to invest on a dwarven faction of an older army that had struggled in the past but with a dedicated and loyal following.

I can see it going three ways: First chaos dwarves get a full release and continued support. Second chaos dwarves get a small release like Fyreslayers, Harelequins or Daughters of Khaine and get slowly built up with minor releases. Third and final option they become a subfaction for S2D with a hero an optional battleline and a Hellcannon.

I'm hoping for a mixture of the first and second option.

I'd have said it's inevitable Chaos Dwarf are coming, but then again we've gone 7 years of Malekith/Malerion hints and nothing has come of it. 

Ironically I do think we'll see Chorfs before Shadow Elves. There's several design cues already established with the Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut, plus GW seem to be leaning very strongly on the 'nostalgia factor' with their more recent releases.

The Horns of Hashut might also be a good hint of how they fit into the Era of the Beast. There's been a lot of emphasis on Ghur's dangerous wilderness, how deadly the environment is, the explosion of Life magic making it untamed and constantly growing. The Warcry lore talks about how Hashut wants the opposite of that - lifeless, barren, scorched earth. It's such a stark contrast that I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a Season of War which themes itself around fighting in such regions, tied around the release of the Chorfs.

• LOVE IT! 1

New Rumour Engine.

5IF3HeDZ9sh70Zdy.jpg

Between the bird hieroglyph and the symbol looking very Tzeentch like, I'd guess a terrain piece for Disciples of Tzeentch or part of a base?

unknown.png

Their text might also hint at it.

Our last report from the Rumour Engine may have implied that some manner of daemonic possession had overtaken our dear machine, but that’s probably just the after-effects of yesterday’s Codex: Chaos Daemons reveal. In fact, it’s better this way.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd have said it's inevitable Chaos Dwarf are coming, but then again we've gone 7 years of Malekith/Malerion hints and nothing has come of it. 

Ironically I do think we'll see Chorfs before Shadow Elves. There's several design cues already established with the Hobgrots and Horns of Hashut, plus GW seem to be leaning very strongly on the 'nostalgia factor' with their more recent releases.

The Horns of Hashut might also be a good hint of how they fit into the Era of the Beast. There's been a lot of emphasis on Ghur's dangerous wilderness, how deadly the environment is, the explosion of Life magic making it untamed and constantly growing. The Warcry lore talks about how Hashut wants the opposite of that - lifeless, barren, scorched earth. It's such a stark contrast that I wouldn't be shocked if we saw a Season of War which themes itself around fighting in such regions, tied around the release of the Chorfs.

Excellent point mate.

1 hour ago, Swamp Trogg said:

King Brodd 's Pilar/weapon for the next Sons of Behemath realese! 

I wish!! Though Brodd uses a Pillar from a Behemetian temple and I feel that he may not be the best artisan!!

3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

@Clan's Cynic A new Season of War campaign with actual stakes would be amazing. We the players haven't had an active hand in shaping the Narrative since Malign Portents, and I for one would enjoy leading either Death or Chaos to a couple of victories following Broken Realms.

• LOVE IT! 1

The pillar looks very much like the ones that used to imprison Slaanesh. So Hysh-ian in nature. Also, I clearly see Tzeentchian symbols there but I really can't be taken for full when it comes to that, I'll be happy to praise a salt shaker if it's got the right shape. 

It might be some form of geometric tactical "rock" that a new Fatemaster's disc is attached to? That's my first guess for it... Could also be dedicated army terrain.

2 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The pillar looks very much like the ones that used to imprison Slaanesh. So Hysh-ian in nature. Also, I clearly see Tzeentchian symbols there but I really can't be taken for full when it comes to that, I'll be happy to praise a salt shaker if it's got the right shape. 

It might be some form of geometric tactical "rock" that a new Fatemaster's disc is attached to? That's my first guess for it... Could also be dedicated army terrain.

Maybe a Hysh-based Tzeentch Warcry warband? I mean it's all but confirmed that we're getting God-Specific Cultists this time around.