The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

That's a nasty difference in currencies ugh. So it saves us what, like 30 USD in total? Basically the hero unit for 'free'

Tbf it’s also necessity. If you tell Americans our money isn’t worth as Koch as the euro they get really angry.

Very disappointed to hear that they are getting rid of the gloss wash paints. That seems like quite a poor trade off for what they are adding. I use Nuln oil gloss on so many things...

Does anyone know of a good alternative? Does one of the other paint ranges make a good gloss black wash, or is there a reliable gloss varnish I could put over whatever the regular Nuln oil ends up looking like? I've got some big projects in progress which are going to need buckets of the stuff, so I'm quite alarmed that they are just scrapping it with little warning!

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Very disappointed to hear that they are getting rid of the gloss wash paints. That seems like quite a poor trade off for what they are adding. I use Nuln oil gloss on so many things...

Does anyone know of a good alternative? Does one of the other paint ranges make a good gloss black wash, or is there a reliable gloss varnish I could put over whatever the regular Nuln oil ends up looking like? I've got some big projects in progress which are going to need buckets of the stuff, so I'm quite alarmed that they are just scrapping it with little warning!

Nuln oil and a couple of drops of gloss varnish. 

I doubt the colour of the existing shades will change just how they go on a model. 

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

In general I find just using a gloss varnish on top creates a similar effect. Even GW's 'ardcoat should do the trick.

I tend to spray my models with a matte varnish when I'm done painting, so if I want something to appear slick I'll go back and put the gloss varnish over those parts.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

RIP Ogors? I see attacking in two ranks as nothing but a benefit for Gluttons. Now all we need is some rend on their attacks and we're cooking, baby.

They have 4 wounds and the rumor I saw said less than 4, not less than 5, so they aren’t applicable.

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

Personally, I have been buying gloss and matte medium from artist's stores and mixing them 1:1 with water and a drop of dish soap in old paint bottles. You can thin inks with those mixtures to make them behave like washes with the appropriate finish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Personally, I have been buying gloss and matte medium from artist's stores and mixing them 1:1 with water and a drop of dish soap in old paint bottles. You can thin inks with those mixtures to make them behave like washes with the appropriate finish.

Interesting, thanks!

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

All battline "infantry" (whatever it means) units under 4wounds can hit in two ranks. I suppose that it will be "4 wounds or less" to help Gluttons. 

Ogres just need to have 2" reach or their coherency rules adjusted. Their issues shouldn't be addressed by a 6-month long special GHB rule. If it's less than 4 wounds, my Ogres continue their damnation in the closet. If it's 4 or less, cool, I might bring them out for a few games...but their rules are still pretty awful right now.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Ogres just need to have 2" reach or their coherency rules adjusted. Their issues shouldn't be addressed by a 6-month long special GHB rule. If it's less than 4 wounds, my Ogres continue their damnation in the closet. If it's 4 or less, cool, I might bring them out for a few games...but their rules are still pretty awful right now.

I would love if this was fluffwise tied to the feeding mechanic. Namely the Ogors know to keep their distance while eating.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I would love if this was fluffwise tied to the feeding mechanic. Namely the Ogors know to keep their distance while eating.

Or just the fact they’re actual huge people with long arms and weapons. They got reach. If dryads have 2” so should Ogors.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Mutton said:

I painted up a leadbelcher heavy kragnos alpha list that would get a huge boost from this.

Its kragnos + soulscream bridge + big units of leadbelchers, where the strat is to bridge out the leadbelchers, shoot with the extra shots, 3d6 charge for impact hits, then clean up whats left in melee.
Its probably got some consistency issues because of bridge being inconsistent with ogors but I haven't gotten it on the table yet.
The list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ogor Mawtribes
- Mawtribe: None
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Icebrow Hunter (125)*
- General
- Command Trait: Winter Ranger
Slaughtermaster (140)*
- Artefact: Wizardflesh Apron
Kragnos, The End of Empires (720)*

Battleline
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
2 x Frost Sabres (55)*
4 x Frost Sabres (110)*
- Reinforced x 1

Units
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1
8 x Leadbelchers (360)*
- Reinforced x 1

Endless Spells & Invocations
Soulscream Bridge (70)

Core Battalions
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1995 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 112
Drops: 1

I went with winter ranger hunter for the general to get those extra CP for all out attacks.

I've been meaning to go back and make changes to possibly add kronspine, some variant of this could be pretty interesting if they fight in two ranks.

I know it's a very minor thing, but Frontier developments mentioned in a financial document that the AoS rts they're making is set to release in 2024, so that's a long time away, but at least we know it's still being made.

The rumour engine is very exciting for me though. Ferns are to me really evocative of anything prehistoric and they do appear on the underworlds warband, so I'm excited for the best faction in all of warhammer to get the glory that the scaly children of the old ones deserve!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

But not everything should be all about damage output. I always viewed gluttons as more of a wound sink. They are about 11 points a wound. I'd think they could drop that a bit and suddenly gluttons would be a very interesting counter to the meta move towards "high quality wounds" i.e. things that do mortals or high rend. Like vanguard raptors. For elite armies built around precisions mortals, a block of 12 gluttons can actually present an issue. I'd like to see them more like 9 points a wound though. 

8 minutes ago, Gailon said:

But not everything should be all about damage output. I always viewed gluttons as more of a wound sink. They are about 11 points a wound. I'd think they could drop that a bit and suddenly gluttons would be a very interesting counter to the meta move towards "high quality wounds" i.e. things that do mortals or high rend. Like vanguard raptors. For elite armies built around precisions mortals, a block of 12 gluttons can actually present an issue. I'd like to see them more like 9 points a wound though. 

The switch from unit size 3 to 6 hurt gluttons in a big way too. Sure 12-18 gluttons are a ridiculous number of wounds and own objectives well but its hard to listbuild around.
A lot of units got nerfed through the size changes now that I think about it.

• Like 1

It's hard for me to believe they'd do something like modifying fighting ranges in a battlepack, that seems weird even by GW's standards. Surely that's a core rules tweak, not something to pop into a battlepack. Why would Ogors in Thondia have shorter range than Ogors in InsertRandomlyGeneratedPlacenameHere? 

Edited by yukishiro1