The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, Mutton said:

Legion has been waiting for a new release for like 8 months. Really sucks.

My immediate guess as to why GW has done better over the pandemic when it comes to releases is that it is a more vertically integrated company, they do everything in house from the design to testing to production all in Nottingham in the UK. 

A company that outsources it's game design to one company, it's model design to another, and then it's manufacturing to china is a lot more vulnerable, a delay at one company has painful knock on effects that magnify. The recent months long lockdowns in china were likely another huge blow to those outsourcing companies meanwhile GW kept chugging along for the most part.

+1 for local vertical integration and keeping manufacturing in the home country I suppose. The largest problem GW seems to have is that shipping costs have gone absolutely f*cking bonkers insane.

Edited by derpherp
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, derpherp said:

My immediate guess as to why GW has done better over the pandemic when it comes to releases is that it is a more vertically integrated company, they do everything in house from the design to testing to production all in Nottingham in the UK. 

All non core business is produced in China: from battletomes to sceneries, from datacards to dices , from terrain pieces to endless spells.

Edited by cyrus
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cyrus said:

All non core business is produced in China: from battletomes to sceneries, from datacards to dices , from terrain pieces to endless spells.

Which I believe furthers the initial point as when GW has had delays they have often been tied to those products. Of course there was the internal dragon production fiasco

• Like 3

Of course in-house production in the UK also lead to higher prices for the product because of manufacturing cost, which I guess it ok in the end and just the reality of the Warhammer hobby. It just based on how much you can stomach it in the end

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

Of course in-house production in the UK also lead to higher prices for the product because of manufacturing cost, which I guess it ok in the end and just the reality of the Warhammer hobby. It just based on how much you can stomach it in the end

Was chatting to someone at their HQ and they are in the process of bring everything back in house so they can control everything. 

From paint to books. 

Does make sense as they wouldn't have to ship from China and then ship stuff around the world. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Was chatting to someone at their HQ and they are in the process of bring everything back in house so they can control everything. 

From paint to books. 

Does make sense as they wouldn't have to ship from China and then ship stuff around the world. 

I can only imagine how much the pandemic has added to the motivation to do that hah.

Also +1 on what Neverchosen said, the adjacent stuff not the core was what was mostly giving them grief.

Edited by derpherp

4 minutes ago, derpherp said:

I can only imagine how much the pandemic has added to the motivation to do that hah.

Also +1 on what Neverchosen said, the adjacent stuff not the core was what was mostly giving them grief.

Absolutely makes sense and I can see a lot of companies following suit especially if shipping continues to be so expensive. 

• Like 1

Shipping issues were a problem for the Star Wars mini games before the pandemic started and it only has gotten worse for them. Pre covid some releases were only pushed back 1 or 2 months and some releases would just disappear lol, Now its a lot worse.

Would make sense to switch to in house in order to make sure stuff just makes it at all lol, not counting the price increases.

It does help that GW is big enough to do in-house production and global shipping and distribution.

I tried to get into Kingdom death but beside the fact that their models are limited stock and sell out fast, they all of a sudden couldn’t ship to my location welp.

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

From paint to books. 

I've been wondering when/if they're going to open production in the US since we're the 2nd biggest market

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I've been wondering when/if they're going to open production in the US since we're the 2nd biggest market

As someone from the Northern Wastes of Canada this would probably benefit us as we ride our Stone Horns to the local hobby store

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, novakai said:

It does help that GW is big enough to do in-house production and global shipping and distribution.

I tried to get into Kingdom death but beside the fact that their models are limited stock and sell out fast, they all of a sudden couldn’t ship to my location welp.

I know the pain. Sometimes, what you want is in a warehouse that doesn't ship outside a few countries...

I hope that you find what you want, that game is awesome.

I ran a neural color filter on the sword rumor engine (along with some auto color correction), and it looks a fair bit more Slaaneshi afterwards. Granted this was fully greyscale, so we can't know for sure these are the colors, but it paints an interesting possibility.

sword.png

Edit: I went ahead and ran it on the boots too, and the results are... interesting. Also the little dangling charm I've pointed out there bears a striking resemblance to the Slaaneshi charms you see on a number of hedonite models.

boots.png.c9a7be44be280326272836021259212f.png

OKAY LAST EDIT I SWEAR: Combining these two reminded me of something I remembered seeing, but couldn't quite put my finger on. Check out this art from the first hedonite battletome. There have never been models to represent the cultists shown here. Well, not yet at least.

bsvsm0sj81t21.jpg.fe56ca1407a596b5916dfcd64fb67020.jpg

Edited by CeleFAZE
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

3 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

I ran a neural color filter on the sword rumor engine (along with some auto color correction), and it looks a fair bit more Slaaneshi afterwards. Granted this was fully greyscale, so we can't know for sure these are the colors, but it paints an interesting possibility.

sword.png

Edit: I went ahead and ran it on the boots too, and the results are... interesting. Also the little dangling charm I've pointed out there bears a striking resemblance to the Slaaneshi charms you see on a number of hedonite models.

OKAY LAST EDIT I SWEAR: Combining these two reminded me of something I remembered seeing, but couldn't quite put my finger on. Check out this art from the first hedonite battletome. There have never been models to represent the cultists shown here. Well, not yet at least.

Incredible work mate!! 

4 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

sword.png

CSI: TGA

• Haha 13

5 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

sword.png

I personally hope we get chaos aelves in any form of Slaanesh cultists, especially if they look like the one from Total War Warhammer III:Unknown.jpeg.2b668cbc9fbe1b17f1e554d1ba12e7e7.jpeg

• Like 3

Wonder if it is the new Slaanesh hero coming with the LRL duel box? I could be wrong, but a lot of the new stuff have been solo foot heroes? 

It Tzeentch coming with LRL, my bad. It is still early and I am at work lol!!!

Edited by RyantheFett

2 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Wonder if it is the new Slaanesh hero coming with the LRL duel box? I could be wrong, but a lot of the new stuff have been solo foot heroes? 

Isn't it meant to be Tzeentch coming alongside Lumineth? Are we expecting a mainline release for Slaanesh anytime soon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

sword.png

There is a theory about that every book that got a hero box on broken realms (So Stormcast, "Kruleboyz", CoS, Seraphon, Nh, Sylvaneth, Slaves and Slaneesh) are the ones getting more than one kit in third edition.

It looks like some tinfoil stuff, the interesting part is that the theory started before Nh, Dawnbringer or Sylvaneth were released or S2D leaked.

Edited by Ragest
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Awesome work!

I am still hopeful for Malerion Aelves I can imagine the arrogant king offering to take the most corrupted Aelven souls and having ambitions to supplant the Dark Prince while still fighting for his perverse view on order. But I know I am just being naive at this point. 

• LOVE IT! 1