The Rumour Thread

13 minutes ago, EonChao said:

Yeah all the banners are duplicated or mirrored on all the marketing for Warhammer Fest 2022. My guess is this is just them saying don't expect more than Chaos and Leagues

And still it would be a very big thing. The CSM leaks are poiting towards a gigantic release, and the squads are a totally new faction

What's more interesting, I haven't seen any World Eater so far. I suppose the leaks were wrong on that

7 minutes ago, Garrac said:

And still it would be a very big thing. The CSM leaks are poiting towards a gigantic release, and the squads are a totally new faction

What's more interesting, I haven't seen any World Eater so far. I suppose the leaks were wrong on that

My guess is World Eaters (and Emperor's Children) are both on the way but are likely being saved for the next core box like Death Guard were implemented in 8th. Get the army out with a big push of new kits and lots of people who pick them up in addition to adding whatever new Primaris are released.

56 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

He comes back eternally like Stormcast do, or he is/was a Stormcast :( ?

If he’s first among the Varanguard in anything then that implies likely even older than Stormcasts. They were around doing the apocalypse before Sigmar made the Stormhosts to fight back.

image.jpeg.3852bd00486384bbb5109226719faf78.jpeg

plus you can’t really “grant immortality” to an immortal.

edit: remember that Belakor’s been watching Sigmar since the beginning with that gnaw-hole in his halls back when AoS began with the Eshin reporting back to him. He’s had a long time to copy ideas.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

Funny it’s an end of an era on the two big 40k memes. 

No more “where’s squats?” or “Chaos getting 2 wounds when?!”.

only Primarus Sergeants shall remain. 

Technically all 3 of the clocks have now reached Midnight, if we count the AT Thunderhawk:

wtvplasticsistersclock.jpg

• Like 2

Did that come up after the banner showed Eshin? 

Feeeels like wishlist but I hope something good for Skaven players regardless. They need the Soulblight treatment.(I would say Lumineth overhaul but I feel that leaves way too many armies destitute if every Clans got cut in half)

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Did that come up after the banner showed Eshin? 

Feeeels like wishlist but I hope something good for Skaven players regardless. They need the Soulblight treatment.(I would say Lumineth overhaul but I feel that leaves way too many armies destitute if every Clans got cut in half)

Certainly looks like it did so probably nothing

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

Thx a lot @Garrac

Imho, they are one of the best villains for Duardins (Gobbos/Skavens already have some Kharadron Sky-ports under their control, that's a lot of Runes of Mark!).

One of my favorite conflicts was the Karak Eight Peaks, I hope to see something like that again.

Fun fact! I learned recently that Karak Eight Peaks is joke about the nuclear power plant near Nottingham HQ that has 8 cooling towers. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Baron Klatz said:

If he’s first among the Varanguard in anything then that implies likely even older than Stormcasts. They were around doing the apocalypse before Sigmar made the Stormhosts to fight back.

plus you can’t really “grant immortality” to an immortal.

edit: remember that Belakor’s been watching Sigmar since the beginning with that gnaw-hole in his halls back when AoS began with the Eshin reporting back to him. He’s had a long time to copy ideas.

I am...quite far behind on lore so thanks for that cool snippet!

I found part of his warscroll in a leak and it does sound more like he has an ability that brings him back a-la Stormcast 🙏

I strongly believe that Sylvaneth are getting a decent amount of new stuff, or at least souping with the wanderers, and then cities will become the dawnbringer crusades.

i think we will perhaps get new archers for Sylvaneth and bug cavalry. A hero or two and a medium to large sized model. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I found part of his warscroll in a leak and it does sound more like he has an ability that brings him back a-la Stormcast 

Yeah, feels like Belakor is copying their design down to the Lightning blood.

Him needing to be there for the immortality to work feels more like an enforced flaw to bind Eternus to him(as Chaos does) than say how Yndraste allows Stormcast souls to come back and insta-reforge back on the battlefield around her. Also a bit like the first Khorne champion of AoS Korghos Khul who Khorne keeps bringing back from death and was the first legimate threat to Stormcasts as his reality-cutting axe sent them straight to the Chaos Realm with no chance to zap back first.

But yeah, not the first time this happened. People kept calling Ossiarchs Deathcasts until the lore came out that Nagash had them ready since the Age of Myth(so before Stormcasts existed) but was waiting for the right indomitable soul to lead them.

29 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I strongly believe that Sylvaneth are getting a decent amount of new stuff, or at least souping with the wanderers, and then cities will become the dawnbringer crusades.

Honestly I think Wanderers are on their way out as soon as beast-aelves Kurnothi can replace them. 

But we already had this theory with Dispossessed and the Duardin updates that went nowhere. Pretty certain after GW went through all the trouble to update their official website, store site and app with the name and factions of the Cities of Sigmar they’re not gonna move anybody around or rename anything until they actually get a reboot/overhaul/massive update.

AKA not this year when they’re all just getting updates to stabilize 3rd edition. For now Dawncrusades seems to be just narrative and a way to justify things like Deepkin allying with everyone in Cities instead of just the city aelves.

On Sylvaneth though I wonder if that bug is a Spite that’ll grow into Spite-revenant beetle cavalry? Was looking at their lore article and that spites can grow into bigger humanoids and insects feels like a possible path.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/02/lore-focus-spites-of-the-sylvanethgw-homepage-post-3/

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

i think we will perhaps get new archers for Sylvaneth and bug cavalry. A hero or two and a medium to large sized model. 

Ahh, this would be rad. Adding Wanderers would genuinely fill a couple holes in the Sylvaneth tome, and I'd love it to happen.

If someone is wondering why this configuration for the battlebox: is just all the Eshin units. A deathmaster, the runners, and the Eshin Verminlord I presume

Verminlord Deceiver - Multiverso: War

Btw don't you notice there's something missing? We haven't had the Rumour Engine! (yet) 

Uh?

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 2