The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Segersgia said:

Just go to sleep. It is way more enjoyable to scroll over the reveals over breakfast than be sleep deprived and potentially dissapointed if the reveals don't meet your expectations.

Any hopes or predictions this Adepticon?

Good point mate. 

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I’m reckoning on a primaris lieutenant, then a lieutenant primaris, so new primaris and maybe a lieutenant ancient primaris.

Following this for AoS a nice new warband with maybe a stormcast lieutenant and a thunder strike lieutenant.  Oh, and a goblin and maybe a wet elf and a skinnydip dwarf. 

Actually eventually I do feel like they are going to release a Hamilcar Bear-eater model like they did with Gardius Steelsoul considering that the first AoS animation is going to be about him

• Like 2

Prediction time. They usually do about 5 reveals so I'm going for:

Underworlds zombies

Blood bowl Norse team 

40k chaos marines 

AoS Slyvaneth Vs Skaven battlebox 

Necromunda ash wastes 

The AoS thing is the only part I'm not sure about. There's a possibility we might see some more models for Nighthaunt. 

I'd love to see the next Underworlds starter but I don't think they'll show two Underworlds things in one show. 

A new campaign book for AoS would also be cool. 

There will probably be something for Warhammer+ . They promised they were going to ramp up the release schedule this year and Adepticon would be a good time to show it off. They might fully  unveil next  year's models too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Prediction time. They usually do about 5 reveals so I'm going for:

Underworlds zombies

Blood bowl Norse team 

40k chaos marines 

AoS Slyvaneth Vs Skaven battlebox 

Necromunda ash wastes 

The AoS thing is the only part I'm not sure about. There's a possibility we might see some more models for Nighthaunt. 

I'd love to see the next Underworlds starter but I don't think they'll show two Underworlds things in one show. 

A new campaign book for AoS would also be cool. 

There will probably be something for Warhammer+ . They promised they were going to ramp up the release schedule this year and Adepticon would be a good time to show it off. They might fully  unveil next  year's models too. 

Is adepticon today?

38 minutes ago, Perturbato said:

Too soon for Skaven + Sylvaneth reveal.

Actually not that much. The DoK vs Nighthaunt was revealed 2 months ago and will probably go on pre order next week or the week after. The tomes will probably drop around end of April/ start of May. If the next duel box has a similar release time, revealing it this week would give it a expected release around start of June, which seems plausible if the tomes will drop around July (going by the dryad repacking date). 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Segersgia said:

Any hopes or predictions this Adepticon?

My expectations:

• Horus Heresy boxset reveal
  • Chaos Knight reveal
  • Maybe a CSM tease
  • Necromunda Ash Wastes
  • Underworlds warband
  • Maybe the new Underworlds starter
  • Campaign splatbook for AoS (ala Wrath of the Everchosen)

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My expectations:

• Chaos Knight reveal
  • Maybe a CSM tease
  • Necromunda Ash Wastes
  • Underworlds warband

This seems utterly reasonable and likely therefore it will be completely and utterly off base... 😰

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My expectations:

• Chaos Knight reveal
  • Maybe a CSM tease
  • Necromunda Ash Wastes
  • Underworlds warband

Please help khorne with something like Wrath of the Everchosen, they are suffering, they need something.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

My expectations:

• Chaos Knight reveal
  • Maybe a CSM tease
  • Necromunda Ash Wastes
  • Underworlds warband

I'd love a new Campaign book for AOS. Specifically focusing on Destruction and Era of the Beast!!

This list seems very likely as well mate!!

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Which would be ironic since Khorne is still using WotE for it's sub-factions no?

Yes, they can still go with WotE's rules.

But man, WD was soooo bland and the fact that they are not even in the primal hunters is like a sentence to oblivion for them.

So CSM or Chaos Knights for 40k, presumable the summer battle tomes for AoS (or at least one of them), Ash Wastes, Zombie warband and a new Blood Bowl team (I'm hoping Amazons). Horus Heresy will be a teaser video for the new edition but no actual reveal

28 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

r/Warhammer40k - - AdeptiCon Previews Arrive This Week -

Good to see the AoS as a confirmed reveal. So our options are basically one of the bellow, based on the likelihood:

- Most probable: Next duel box with the summer battletomes (Rumored to be Skaven vs Sylvaneth).

- Not impossible, but looks unlikely: More models for Nighthaunt and/or Khaine to be released with their tomes.

- Not impossible, but totally unexpected: New narrative book/series based on some event (lots of strings left from broken realms that they could follow).

As much as I want the confirmation that Sylvaneth will get a new book soon, I think the last option would be more beneficial to AoS as a whole after those months of low releases/news.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Arzalyn said:

Good to see the AoS as a confirmed reveal. So our options are basically one of the bellow, based on the likelihood:

- Most probable: Next duel box with the summer battletomes (Rumored to be Skaven vs Sylvaneth).

- Not impossible, but looks unlikely: More models for Nighthaunt and/or Khaine to be released with their tomes.

- Not impossible, but totally unexpected: New narrative book/series based on some event (lots of strings left from broken realms that they could follow).

As much as I want the confirmation that Sylvaneth will get a new book soon, I think the last option would be more beneficial to AoS as a whole after those months of low releases/news.

If Nighthaunt arent getting any new models then those engines must be for Cursed City. 

I'm actually hoping for a Campaign book now. As you said there are lots of avenues the narrative could go down after BR and it would help the Era of the Beast get that kick start it surely needs.

But the Duel box does seem to be the most likely.