The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Thanks.

I actually do like the look of fellwater troggoths. The dankhold troggoth ties it together with the rockgut troggoths imo. The kit also allows for a lot of different looks, i could build 6 totally different ones.

I agree. Its not bad but could definitely use the update imo. 

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm almost 100% certain that is a Mega Gargant skull!! 

SCE being the monster hunters in Ghur could mean it can be whatever really. 

I could see some CoS caravan miniature piled with the monster hunting loot. 

Based on the last two years of lore, with Gordraaks ultimate goal of challenging Sigmar, there’s no way he’d bend knee to Kragnos. If he does, I’m done with AOS lore forever, I’ll just go paint my orks and sit in the corner.

kragnos already feels like a last minute addition to the story. A “hey how we sell this neat model” moment from GW. There’s no way Kragnos was planned in the excelsius arc from the beginning. 

if GW really wanted a big god thingy for destruction, Gordraak avatar of Gorkamorka, or a newly empowered Rogue Idol we’re much better options. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Based on the last two years of lore, with Gordraaks ultimate goal of challenging Sigmar, there’s no way he’d bend knee to Kragnos. If he does, I’m done with AOS lore forever, I’ll just go paint my orks and sit in the corner.

kragnos already feels like a last minute addition to the story. A “hey how we sell this neat model” moment from GW. There’s no way Kragnos was planned in the excelsius arc from the beginning. 

if GW really wanted a big god thingy for destruction, Gordraak avatar of Gorkamorka, or a newly empowered Rogue Idol we’re much better options. 

Or they make a Mordrakk character first and let them do a fusion dance.

All kidding aside, i dont like them doing this to Gordrakk. It is like replacing Kroak by a random horse dude. Its just random.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Or they make a Mordrakk character first and let them do a fusion dance.

All kidding aside, i dont like them doing this to Gordrakk. It like having Kroak replaced by a random horse dude. Its just random.

We’ll I guess we’ll know on Saturday when the book comes out

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

All kidding aside, i dont like them doing this to Gordrakk. It is like replacing Kroak by a random horse dude. Its just random.

Well technically we dont know the full story arc yet so an ember of redemption for big G may yet still be burning. 

🤞

• Like 3

It’s the duder from the teaser animation.

Man, getting tiny little rumour engines for the greenskins is making me anxious! I just want to know what they’re like so I can be excited or not! The one little bro we’ve seen in the trailer snippet is kinda cool but in my head that’s all they are atm. I hope they have some crazy stuff mixed in to make them a scary threat.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 1

Just now, Chikout said:

I'm pretty sure that's the guy from the video. So that's at least 4 Stormcast heroes then. The 3 silhouettes and Yndrasta who was confirmed to be in the launch box. 

Was she? That’s pretty intense. I thought she’d be coming separately. 

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

And Soul blight gravelords feel like last minute battletome rewrite. Same for Slaanesh. 

GW has an immense problem of writing rules and lore for models which they sculpt before them. Either people don't have time to write proper lore (what were those articles?) and that is problem of the management or rules and that is also a problem of the higher ups.  

We know they made amazing models but the process of implementing them into the game is flawed (cough what is that Gardu's warscroll? cough). Either the higher ups do not give their employees enough time or some of the employees are just not good enough (because some battletomes and warscrolls are amazing and 40k has consistent warscrolls for example not like the wight knight on steed that does nothing) or both. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Was she? That’s pretty intense. I thought she’d be coming separately. 

Not officially, but as good as. I'd need to go back and check to find the post but a gw person said on Twitter that gw had announced she was in the box when they actually hadn't yet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

There's one thing I realised only today, and that is that Emelda Braskov does not have a subfaction like Freeguild or Order of Azyr.

interesting, she does have ULFENKARN as a city 'subfaction' though... so does Cleona. Gonna go ahead and guess that Ulfenkarn is not in the current COS book.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/eng_Captain_Emelda_Braskov_Qulathis_The_Exile.pdf

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/eng_Cleona_Zeitengale.pdf

2 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

It's just me or does it seems the skull has a stitched leather ballon under?

who the heck called "squig skin balloon" a few days ago and do you have the Gift of Prophecy

15 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Sounds too ordinary for a new edition personally 

so new chamber?

image.png.6171cd85023dd9fd096ab1f31e8a0e8c.png

so we have -or, -ant, -ist, and -um as suffixes... let the guessing begin!

What else we know: this Lord is part of the Dawnbringer Crusades, has some furs, and what I'd consider a halo attached to his pauldrons.

edit: we also know the armor is forged by Grungni, and his accompanying units are Vindict-ors and Annihilat-ors

I want to say Lord-Templar, but that feels a bit weak

Edited by CommissarRotke