The Rumour Thread

So anvilguard is lost and with it we loose too the mount traits doing more useless even umplayable models as black dragons,good way to sell the new box with the dragon games workshop.

Also as city of sigmar player i get great bives having one of my alegiances being deleted.......i feel so safe to buy more models knowing that these models and rules gonna stay for a while and wont be deleted as were the 50% of dwarfs...........

I told to my local store that i wanted the preorder of the new black dragon box,now i dont know if cancel it seeing this....

So idoneths that were allready a top army even with 2.0 tome get mount traits and huge buffs to warscrolls but citys get useless new alegiance,no new warscroll for the worst unit of aos(black dragons),delete one of our alegiances(anvilguard) and also with this we loose our mount traits.

Edited by Doko
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Doko said:

So anvilguard is lost and with it we loose too the mount traits doing more useless even umplayable models as black dragons,good way to sell the new box with the dragon games workshop.

Also as city of sigmar player i get great bives having one of my alegiances being deleted.......i feel so safe to buy more models knowing that these models and rules gonna stay for a while and wont be deleted as were the 50% of dwarfs...........

I told to my local store that i wanted the preorder of the new black dragon box,now i dont know if cancel it seeing this....

We dont have information yet.

Maybe the city is gone but the allegiance is kept? Maybe one of the new cities is a Anvilgaurd 2.0 with upgraded abilities?

• Thanks 1

Australian site we can read Two new sets of allegiance abilities for the Cities of Sigmar, representing the newly-annexed Anvilgard – now known as Har Kuron –

so or new har kuron is 100% old anvilguard rules but only with a name change that would be stupid yes we have lost the rules of anvilgaurd and we cant play it

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Broken-Realms-Morathi-EN-2020

Edited by Doko

i think Dark elves just luck out because their fantasy kits where newer, kind of how the Mortarch kits where endtime kits that they get to survive in AoS

either that or Umbranith wasn't in pipe at the moment in time unlike Lumineath that was around the corner when cities was release

Edited by novakai

21 minutes ago, Doko said:

Are you trolling? Anvilgard was terrible anyway, it can't be any worse than it was.

Also none of the Idoneth units receiving new rules have been used in top army lists. I highly doubt any of the rule changes are going to drastically impact that unless the Eidolons have suddenly become extremely good. 

• Thanks 1

Anvilguard was great and had some top 10 in bigs tournaments.

A dragon with save 3,special save of 4, giving back mortals wound at 4+ for each wound done to him and also being a caster with a spell that make one unit save-- was great,maybe not overpower but good and if you really think im trolling i can find in the web the list of anvilguard of one of these top 10 tournaments

23 minutes ago, Doko said:

So idoneths that were allready a top army even with 2.0 tome get mount traits and huge buffs to warscrolls but citys get useless new alegiance,no new warscroll for the worst unit of aos(black dragons),delete one of our alegiances(anvilguard) and also with this we loose our mount traits.

m80325a_99110202230_EMPMariusLeitdorf_445x319.jpg.01c82a4058dbfb9ec775b712229cfecd.jpg

HELLO, I'M MARIUS LEITDORF.  I WAS UNCEREMONIOUSLY KILLED OFF BY A NO-NAME ORC IN THE 6TH ED EMPIRE ARMY BOOK, AND DESPITE BEING 'DEAD' FOR THE FINAL 15 YEARS OF WFB'S EXISTANCE, REMAINED THE MOST POPULAR EMPIRE SPECIAL CHARACTER BY A COUNTRY MILE, STILL BEING USED IN GAMES, AND EVENTUALLY GETTING A WHOLE NEW MODEL. SEE ALSO MY MATE BROTHER CAPTAIN TYCHO, WHO HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO HIM (ALBEIT AT THE  HANDS OF AN ORK WITH A 'K') IN 1998 AND IS STILL AVALIABLE TO USE IN THE LATEST BLOOD ANGELS CODEX. I'D THROW OUT MORE EXAMPLES OF THIS, AND EVEN EXPLAIN WHAT A 'HISTORICAL' ARMY IS, BUT I NEED TO GO ARGUE STRATEGY WITH MY HORSE SO GOODNIGHT

• Like 17
  • Haha 14

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Anvilgard was terrible anyway, it can't be any worse than it was.

It is lacking sure, but certainly flavorful. I hope that change brings some helpful addition(s), not total replacemant.

5 minutes ago, Doko said:

Anvilguard was great and had some top 10 in bigs tournaments.

Once in Australia IIRC.

Black Dragon (with Dreadlord anyway) can arguably gain as much as in Anvilgard or even more in Living City, Tempest Eye and Hammerhall if someone wants to play this model.

Yes beautifull modell and karl franz avenged him but whats your point? That model is dead and who play with him is proxy so i wont spend money in overpriced gw models to use them as proxys when i could buy to others companys for 1\4 price 

You didn't understand. That model is dead, because the whole game system died. But when WFB existed, Leitdorf had rules published in 2 next army books, even when that character died in 6th edition. I can still play cadian army in 40k and the whole planet blew up!

TL DR Just because a character died or place was conquered in lore, doesn't mean the rules are gone.

Edited by michu
  • Like 13

I am not getting the point here.

Your beef with Anvilguard is the fact that the city may be gone or the rules?

Because we just dont know anything about the rules at this point. I doubt they will get scrapped. If anything they are going to improve then with a new named.

Now, if the problem is lorewise, then you have to get used to the lore moving foward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thiagoma said:

I am not getting the point here.

Your beef with Anvilguard is the fact that the city may be gone or the rules?

Because we just dont know anything about the rules at this point. I doubt they will get scrapped. If anything they are going to improve then with a new named.

Now, if the problem is lorewise, then you have to get used to the lore moving foward.

And one can always use old rules for those who still oppose Morathi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aelfric said:

Well, it's the same souls, so -technically?

Not quite. The relation bettwen Teclis/Tyrion and the elves we had before Lumineth was never quite clear.  It was infered that the COS elves are the "few souls" Sigmar found when he got to the mortal realms, not the Slanesh ones the Elven Gods extracted.

We are left with weired questions like "Phoenix Temple are Lumineth?" Because acording to their lore, they are from Hysh. So were they extraed from Slanesh or not?

I belive there will be a massive retcon at some point to explain this mess.

3 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Not quite. The relation bettwen Teclis/Tyrion and the elves we had before Lumineth was never quite clear.  It was infered that the COS elves are the "few souls" Sigmar found when he got to the mortal realms, not the Slanesh ones the Elven Gods extracted.

We are left with weired questions like "Phoenix Temple are Lumineth?" Because acording to their lore, they are from Hysh. So were they extraed from Slanesh or not?

He meant exactly Lumineth and Idoneth. They are the same souls as High Elves of Old World. And Phoenix aelves can be those souls found by Sigmar that later settled in Hysh. No retcon needed.

Edited by michu
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

True, I was referring to Lumineth and Idoneth specifically.   I am intrigued, though, about how they divvied up the souls between the four of them.  I suppose it's possible that you were a High Elf swallowed by Slaanesh one moment and then wake up to find you're worshipping Morathi and wagging your tail.  It would make for an interesting storyline.

• Like 1

So, when the Broken Realms blurb said the Morathi was going to be giving the Stormcast Eternals "three sets of Allegiance Abilities,"  I assumed that meant three separate lists, each comprised of allegiance abilities that support different, unique play styles.  But based on the text in the Aussie preorder page, is sounds like we're just getting the Stormkeep rules.

Did they seriously just mean 3 new rules instead of 3 sets of rules?

1 minute ago, OkayestDM said:

So, when the Broken Realms blurb said the Morathi was going to be giving the Stormcast Eternals "three sets of Allegiance Abilities,"  I assumed that meant three separate lists, each comprised of allegiance abilities that support different, unique play styles.  But based on the text in the Aussie preorder page, is sounds like we're just getting the Stormkeep rules.

Did they seriously just mean 3 new rules instead of 3 sets of rules?

Man will read Book tomorrow, so not long to wait to find out.