The Rumour Thread

On 10/23/2016 at 11:47 PM, bottle said:

otherwise it's a boring autoinclude.

I'm not sure I agree. My Flesh Eaters, for example, don't have much need for it. I've never felt like my ghoul king's spells needed extra range, and when I mount him up on a monster, I want him in the thick of things ripping it up, not perched on top of a skinny tower!

See, that's the thing. my opponent wants to put nagash up in a balewind ? sure go for it. I'll destroy the rest of your army.

Wanna out archaon up there ? well I'm not catching him when he falls and again, bye bye rest of army.

Few people put their expensive  models on top of one as it's a waste of points, you need the points working to their full efficency.

• Like 1

From naftka:

Some official preorder dates
October 29th warhammer quest heroes and AOS battlemat.
November 5th heamotrope reactors, bale wind vortex, Magewraith throne, hero bases for AOS and 40k, artificer tints (new paints)
November 12th d10 wound markers and...?

New hobby essentials for Christmas.

christmas.jpg

I'm looking forward to the larger Chaos Black spray - just hope it's slightly more cost effective than the standard size :)  Tints do sound interesting too - not sure where they fit into the grand scheme of things?  They look like they come with one of the textured paint paddles so who knows!

On 2016-10-26 at 6:58 PM, ElectricPaladin said:

I'm not sure I agree. My Flesh Eaters, for example, don't have much need for it. I've never felt like my ghoul king's spells needed extra range, and when I mount him up on a monster, I want him in the thick of things ripping it up, not perched on top of a skinny tower!

Autoinclude, not auto use. You might never use it but your list will always improve if you include the option to do so.

On 27/10/2016 at 0:07 PM, Arkiham said:

See, that's the thing. my opponent wants to put nagash up in a balewind ? sure go for it. I'll destroy the rest of your army.

Wanna out archaon up there ? well I'm not catching him when he falls and again, bye bye rest of army.

Few people put their expensive  models on top of one as it's a waste of points, you need the points working to their full efficency.

Archaon on horse not the big monster costs only 300+ and has same general ability.

That one on Balewind is really a good choice against melee focused list.

Those large spray cans are the most unnecessary product GW have come up with in a fair while, if they're twice as big they'll probably be twice the price so you could just buy two tins, and storing super tall tins will be a pain, also the nozzles of spray cans become susceptible to clogging the more paint you spray through them as well.  The only thing they might be good for is priming a realm of battle board, where you need more than a single regular tin. 

I like the other Christmas releases.

Edited by cb_rex

@CoffeeGruntGiven the amount of time it takes to wrote a battle tome and design a model/put it into production my thought are hat their schedule stretches out at least 1 year from now and that current sales number might not other affect next year's release schedule. 

That being said I heard, on a podcast I think, that an inside source at GW said next year would be an exciting one for AOS. I personally hope it's another campaign book followed by a global campaign like they had in August  

Edited by MightyQwan

Every year will be exciting for AoS. If sales are increasing, rather than falling like 8th ed sales were, it will continue to get serious amounts of content.

There's more than one reason we're getting a 6-month content break, after all. GW needs time to write the next phase of the AoS story. With the Season of War and the results of the Realmgate Wars as the background.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MightyQwan said:

@CoffeeGruntGiven the amount of time it takes to wrote a battle tome and design a model/put it into production my thought are hat their schedule stretches out at least 1 year from now and that current sales number might not other affect next year's release schedule. 

That being said I heard, on a podcast I think, that an inside source at GW said next year would be an exciting one for AOS. I personally hope it's another campaign book followed by a global campaign like they had in August  

It's closer to two years for their release schedule :)