The Rumour Thread

I wonder what all these new units will do for Nighthaunt battleline. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop either or both of Spirithosts and/or Hexwraiths. Also, I wonder of the(apparent) Night of Shrouds on a mount will be the same war scroll as the current one, but be updated to add additional attack and movement if he has the mount.

9 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I wonder what all these new units will do for Nighthaunt battleline. I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop either or both of Spirithosts and/or Hexwraiths. Also, I wonder of the(apparent) Night of Shrouds on a mount will be the same war scroll as the current one, but be updated to add additional attack and movement if he has the mount.

It's possible that they're just not highlighting those kits in the previews because they already exist and this preview is about highlighting all the new stuff upcoming.

Another possibility is that those will be the 'Legions of Nagash Nighthaunts' while these will be the 'Nighthaunt Nighthaunts' which can borrow models those models from the Legions of Nagash due to sharing the keyword. I hope not, I think they should be printed for completeness in the Nighthaunt tome even if they're not the 'new' hotness.

Edited by someone2040

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Nicest person award nominee right here.

I however am growing as bitter and twisted as a goblin :P

Jeah. I am also a bit bummed, because I had hoped for a Moonclan Goblins teaser for this weekend.

But on the other hand Death got no new Age of Sigmar model release, while we got Ironjawz. So I think it was their turn before Destruction got anything. But don't understand me wrong. I am also a bit sad that we got nothing Destruction related.

I am not even that big of a fan of Ironjawz and Goblins and really really want an Ogor release. But I don't think this will ever happen in the near future. Maybe never. So I decided to root for the Gobbos, because for me they are more interesting and will propably have a more versatile playstile than Ironjawz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Jeah. I am also a bit bummed, because I had hoped for a Moonclan Goblins teaser for this weekend.

But on the other hand Death got no new Age of Sigmar model release, while we got Ironjawz. So I think it was their turn before Destruction got anything. But don't understand me wrong. I am also a bit sad that we got nothing Destruction related.

I am not even that big of a fan of Ironjawz and Goblins and really really want an Ogor release. But I don't think this will ever happen in the near future. Maybe never. So I decided to root for the Gobbos, because for me they are more interesting and will propably have a more versatile playstile than Ironjawz.

Yeah me too and if possible a skaven release (they really need it badly) 

1 minute ago, someone2040 said:

Another possibility is that those will be the 'Legions of Nagash Nighthaunts' while these will be the 'Nighthaunt Nighthaunts' which can borrow models those models from the Legions of Nagash due to sharing the keyword. I hope not, I think they should be printed for completeness in the Nighthaunt tome even if they're not the 'new' hotness.

Releasing a Nighthaunt battletome and then telling current Nighthaunt players to get bent because your stuff doesn't work here would be a level of a-hole that I don't know even even bad old GW would do. I'm sure the old models will be fine, even if they get one-to-one replacements(possibly new tomb banshees and hexwraiths in the video). I just wonder what army composition would look like as the new stuff has more stuff that looks like traditional battleline. I would expect Spirit Hosts at least to get dropped. There's a enough cavalry out there that has some kind of battle line that I could see hexwraiths sticking around.

I repeat my question: do you think the new cavalry could be new hexwraiths that could be Legion of Nagash retro-compatible?

Same with the new banshees (that could be the new Shadespire warband even if I am surprised not to see the hooded ghost from the Shadespire card preview).

1 minute ago, pseudonyme said:

I repeat my question: do you think the new cavalry could be new hexwraiths that could be Legion of Nagash retro-compatible?

Same with the new banshees (that could be the new Shadespire warband even if I am surprised not to see the hooded ghost from the Shadespire card preview).

more than likely yes, and im sure you'll see the hooded ghost in due course.

Just now, Enoby said:

I saw someone mention that Forgeworld were going to be redoing all of their rules for AoS but they didn't provide a source. Anyone know if there's any validity to this claim?

the forgeworld seminar is currently going on as far as I know, hopefully Garro or someone else will post up news.

Quickly updated the resolved rumour engine imags :)

1. Is the backpack of one of the rogue trader guys.

3. Is the Head of the new Padlock flail night haunt guy.

4. Is the new stormcast warmachine.

8. Is part of the eldar webway portal shown a week or 2 ago.

9. Is the gallows on the back of the executioner nighthaunt character

11. Looks to be part of the new "Jaws" spell

12. Looks like its the back of one of the new warith looking unit.

Rumour Engine Update.jpg

• Like 1