The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Took the liberty and added some things, to much expectations for images being AoS or even Idroneth related. 

Well, I did say "speculation" and that I thought many of them were really reaching. LOL 

About number 7, the Khinerai Lifetakers do have hook weapons, but so far I can't find any pics that match that exact one. We don't have as many pics of them as we do of the Melusai and the ones we do have do not show their weapons very clearly. Chances are good that it is a winged lady hook, but we don't have confirmation yet. Personally, I think those barbs look much more nautical than Blood Witchy, but they have all kinds of crazy blades, so who knows...

Again, I do admit that 1, 3, 14, 18, and 20 are pretty far fetched and your guesses are much more plausible, but 5, 7, 12, 13, and 17 are really all too generic to be fairly discounted. And 16 really doesn't look like the way GW sculpts fire, IMHO. I'd say it's definitely organic matter, probably an ocean plant or coral, but it might also be a bush or a tree.

Edited by Rou Dantes

14 minutes ago, Rou Dantes said:

About number 7, the Khinerai Lifetakers do have hook weapons, but so far I can't find any pics that match that exact one. We don't have as many pics of them as we do of the Melusai and the ones we do have do not show their weapons very clearly. Chances are good that it is a winged lady hook, but we don't have confirmation yet. Personally, I think those barbs look much more nautical than Blood Witchy, but they have all kinds of crazy blades, so who knows...

I do admit that 1, 3, 14, 18, and 20 are pretty far fetched and your guesses are much more plausible, but 5, 7, 12, 13, and 17 are really all too generic to be fairly discounted. And 16 really doesn't look like the way GW sculpts fire, IMHO. I'd say it's definitely organic matter, probably an ocean plant or coral, but it might also be a bush or a tree.

Ok, I went back to the Khinerai pictures we have. The sickles are much smoother with them, your right. But I am still not that convinced of the "nautical theme" of the barbs. They look kind of evilish, even a bit fetish - more like something for Dark Elves/Eldar in general not necessary marine.

5 somehow doesn't fit the elven aesthetics, at all.  Its much more techy-dwarven, maybe freebooter-style. It isn't something that I see for Elves, but maybe you are right and GW has the Balls to shake stuff up beyond giving the pointy ears some monsters. and as you say 12 and  13,  are very generic, to generic to be attached to anything. !/ is well in line with the way undead are dressed.  16 fits the crazy way GW portrays Fire, smoke and magic, but again is way to generic to attach it to a certain race or setting. For all we know it could be a ****** of a Keeper of secrets - now spiked for his pleasur.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Ok, I went back to the Khinerai pictures we have. The sickles are much smoother with them, your right. But I am still not that convinced of the "nautical theme" of the barbs. They look kind of evilish, even a bit fetish - more like something for Dark Elves/Eldar in general not necessary marine.

5 somehow doesn't fit the elven aesthetics, at all.  Its much more techy-dwarven, maybe freebooter-style. It isn't something that I see for Elves, but maybe you are right and GW has the Balls to shake stuff up beyond giving the pointy ears some monsters. and as you say 12 and  13,  are very generic, to generic to be attached to anything. !/ is well in line with the way undead are dressed.  16 fits the crazy way GW portrays Fire, smoke and magic, but again is way to generic to attach it to a certain race or setting. For all we know it could be a ****** of a Keeper of secrets - now spiked for his pleasur.... 

You know, with the Dark Eldar getting a new Codex soon, you're probably right about number 7...

Honestly, I would be a bit surprised if 1, 3, 5, 14, 18, or 20 turn out to be Deepkin. I was reeeally trying to use my imagination with those guesses. lol

I feel almost certain that 6, 10, 15, and 16 are Deepkin, though, and 7 and 13 are quite possibly as well.

I*hope* that 17 is a sea dragon cloak, because I love that aesthetic, but it does look more undeaddy. The Corsairs are my absolute favorite, so I just hope they get some new... something. It'd be such a lost opportunity to make Sea Elf "Raiders from the Deep" and not have some Corsair in there somewhere. 

9 hours ago, chord said:

#6 Matches up with the Stormcast Lord Commander image in the Army book.  Probably ties in with the opening of the new chamber in the storyline

The top part  is also exactly the same as the chest armour on Vandus Hammerhand his dracoth.

5a968faa09657_ScreenShot2018-02-28at12_14_52.png.3c5879371c07d2dd7e7a8c3551114e80.png 

15 hours ago, Jaepic said:

Made a new overview, did I miss anything?

I know number 21 was on a scenary piece in the february white dwarf.

13 might be daughters of Khain hair but not 100% sure.

Will try to keep this overview updated in the future.

21 is similar to on of the "clocks" on the Sector Mechanicus parts, but there are differences that means it's a new SM kit.

Thumb feb13 rumourengine2kes18a1f143e6dbaacc0eb7dd979cbdaee70fcc0ec993867fdefdf58d328c5cd2be.jpg

11 and 13 are from the Custodes jetbikes.
7 is from Daughters of Khaine, Khinerai.

12 is not from a Shield Captain.

image.png.ad1e85333b8f2feed199558ac990bd63.png

I've (very crudely) updated your image! ;)

rumour-engine-20180228.jpeg

Edited by WarbossKurgan

25.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Thats not a shield-Captian, but the Captain-General. 12 Is the cloak from the shield-Captain that can be build from the Warden box. And 7 doesn't fit one of the Khinerai, at least from what we have seen so far.

Yep. I stand corrected. :D

I think the hooked blade will be the "leader" option and we just haven't seen it yet. It's too similar to be something else! (IMHO!!)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WarbossKurgan said:

Which kit though? I can't find it!

You are right I can't see it either...

4 minutes ago, Durant said:

I think 20 is skaven from shadespire (boss) and 15 is nurgle hero (the thing on his back

Can't see 20 on the Skaven model. I would also agree about the back banner on the Lord of Blights but actually it came out after he was shown and is different. The Lord of blights one has 3 nails at the top. 

• Like 2

1 is not Ko. GW themselves updated a lot of the old pictures when their models came out. Also several people have checked every kit. It is definitely a 40k. 

Another rule they have is never doing a rumour engine of something that has already been previewed and the Skaven got shown well before 20.

In terms of what we know the list on page 400 is pretty definitive. 

Incidentally. I was looking back at the news years open day which had exactly the same format as this weekend's event (no seminars). At that event the custodes range, legions of Nagash and Codex thousand sons were all announced. So I am hopeful that we will see a few more of these images solved on Saturday.

• Like 2

I think allies list for matched play confirms that they are coming soon, othwerwise why bother including them as they would be able to introduce them in GH2018 update. So they are coming for sure. It's not only lore snippets but actual matched play allies list. If they weren't coming in few months they wouldn't  be included in that allies list. 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

@Kramer Yeah, unfortunately I agree.  I wish it was a bit more on the lighter side. I would love to see more of Aqshy than just lava fields. I may still get it since I am really keen on the ruins. It would have been cool to see some of the regions from the Firestorm (e.g. TItanworks, Razorfang Sprawl, Slaughterfields) map in greater detail. Theres a ton of potential there.

• Like 1

@hauteclere & @sharkbelly the only thing that keeps me hopeful it will be a bit lighter in reality, is dat you can hardly see any details. So I reckon that in a light/video/photo that reveals the details (that must be there) it will also be a bit lighter. And indeed the ruins will be sold separately and although they look cool, I think they might not block Line of sight which automatically excludes them from my games. Except maybe for flavour or for skirmish. 

1 hour ago, BlooDeck said:

I mean, technically Hallowheart is part of Aqshy even if it apparently looks very much like something in the realm of Life! 

Yeah, that is great. I would imagine the realm is not totally devoid of flora and fauna, so that is really interesting to see.

I imagine its a fair number of kits, but what has been achieved by Peachy in the attached photo make it look like a deserted settlement. Like one of the many number that was crushed under the flood of Khorne after the fall of the Agloraxi Empire. Which is something I would be really interested in creating.

@Kramer it looks to block line a sight a bit more. Maybe putting them on a small hill as well would help? The map I'm sure looks much more detailed under inspection. Hopefully we can see more of it soon.

Preview-Feb25-PeachyRuins3r.jpg