The Rumour Thread

Yep in ET many Elves gods turned to be human gods as well, Mathlann (Manann) or Lileath (Lady of the Lake)  and Aislinn was Avatar of Mathlann/Mathlann 

If this turns out to be true it's fantastic and bold move by GW as they aren't releasing Shadow/Light Aleves but something 100% different with it's own very interesting lore. 

SO I guess one day we might see floating kingdom of Araloth :P 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

From 4chan:

"Is a complete new line like kharadrons Underwater aesthetic mix greek atlanteans and eldar corsair. They have been hiding in underwater cities and have control over some sea fauna, water and mist. I cannot be more specific but the apparently reason for being hiding is that they hides something in secret. Beautiful models, same size that blood bowl elven union and some models have great potential for conversions into custom exodites"

"The new aelf range are Mathlann followers"

"Atlantean aesthetic, some are very similar to Kairic Acolytes with Spite-Revenants face, anothers looks a lot more eldar - Mistweaver Saih are part of the range."

About the glub glub video "This is an actual piece of scenery GW is going to sell, and that will have its own rules like the Sylvaneth Wyldwood. It's part of the entire Sea Aelves new range, which are absolutely stunning visually, will have tons of sea creatures to ride, one of which is MASSIVE, and unique high cost heroes with crazy design. Also forget about the Cthullu look, their design is closer to Atlantean Spartans."

• Like 4

Some few more bits from Temouloun at War of Sigmar:

Someone asked if they would look like DE corsairs, or like the HE.

Neither really. Something completely new. The foot infantry are the best models I've ever seen coming from GW, with a very audacious design. Something between the Sylvaneth Spite-Revenants and the greek looking Slaanesh Hellstriders.

About tyrion and teclis involvement:

I can't say haha. No Malerion/Teclis/Tyrion, but Mathlann a lot.

and Sharks:

Big ones and very big ones.

I am personally very excited, can't wait to get my hands on them. Now flying sharks? 

Serves me right for mocking the sharknado movies. ?

Edited by Sete
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Mathlann sea elves? Probably yet another Order faction then. Not entirely convinced that is what is most needed right now.

And why not? I don't understand people being so caught up in allegiances. Majority of players (in my area about 90%) are faction specific players matched play or narrative. If rumors are true then in 2018 so far we will get Battletomes for  2 elves factions, one Chaos and Death. If there is some destruction coming in 2018 it's quite fine mix. 

I guess they will use Tenebrael in DoK and I believe both Darling Covent and Scourge Privateers will be slowly removed along with other smaller factions. As obviously Malerion and Tyrion Elves aren't coming anytime soon so I doubt they will use any older kits when released. 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

And why not? I don't understand people being so caught up in allegiances. Majority of players (in my area about 90%) are faction specific players matched play or narrative. If rumors are true then in 2018 so far we will get Battletomes for  2 elves factions, one Chaos and Death. If there is some destruction coming in 2018 it's quite fine mix. 

I guess they will use Tenebrael in DoK and I believe both Darling Covent and Scourge Privateers will be slowly removed along with other smaller factions. As obviously Malerion and Tyrion Elves aren't coming anytime soon so I doubt they will use any older kits when released. 

Yeah most people seem to play faction armies, not alliance armies, from what I’ve seen. And with the campaign not being tied to alliances, I’m not sure it matters either. Either you like the selves or you don’t, doesn’t matter if you play order armies or not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think players tend to gravitate towards the Grand Alliance with the most armies, because there you will have the most choices available.

And with the Sigmarines being the poster boys of the game, able to ally with each and every other Order faction on top, it's a rather obvious choice for someone who makes a little research before investing in AoS. Order is just bloated with choices already, at least compared with Destruction for example.

Exactly , I have' played Elves in WFB since 5th edition and then Sylvaneth since GH2016 so until now I wasn't interested in playing any Order army just beacuse it's order. I was close to start DoT as I liked Acolytes and thought that I can use them with Slaves to Darkness.

Allegiance is nothing more then some framework and I doubt GW takes it into consideration releasing armies. 

@Yokai I don't know juding by my area (about 30-40) active players both narrative and matched play noone gravitate towards GAlliances, then it looks similar when you look at big tournaments results and lits. 

Nobody cares if Order is bloated with choices becasue hardly anyone mixes them, Destruction needs some love but in terms that we're lacking Orcs and Goblins armies 

Edited by DantePQ
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I;m caught up in allegiances because it helps me get my army playable before I get to 2K points. So maybe less allegiance but more so allies. But so far only allies within your allegiance ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yokai said:

I think players tend to gravitate towards the Grand Alliance with the most armies, because there you will have the most choices available.

And with the Sigmarines being the poster boys of the game, able to ally with each and every other Order faction on top, it's a rather obvious choice for someone who makes a little research before investing in AoS. Order is just bloated with choices already, at least compared with Destruction for example.

Very few people actually play GA:Order, they play their faction with some allies OR occasionally someone will play double pheonix based GA lists to cosplay Byron Orde.

Someone who researches which armies before hand will also see that probably only around a third of available order units are any good and that the majority of those are only good within that specific faction. A player looking for an army with tons of options is much better off picking up chaos.

Exactly people play for example GA:Destruction because of lack of specific armies. Also Allaiances  won't be equal - you can't have as much Destruction or Death armies as Order. But since GA don't give anything more than some lore framework (as campaign are no longer about Alliances) it doesn't better much. 

I got theory about that bit of Sea Aelves fluff.

"They have been hiding in underwater cities and have control over some sea fauna, water and mist. I cannot be more specific but the apparently reason for being hiding is that they hides something in secret."

Maybe it's about Khaine ? In End Times Aislinn dies but he declares that he is Manthlan himself and dies(or is believed to be dead), then later on Teclis tosses Widowmaker - Sword of Khaine into sea. As we may find out Manthlan/Aislinn is alive being God/Leader of Sea Alves. Maybe he find out that Khaine essence is still alive in Widowmaker and it's kept in secret. That could tie in with Morathi and DoK who wants to bring back Khaine.  

Yet instead of chasing them, Lokhir sped towards the shore where Tyrion awaited. Dawn was fully in the sky before anyone realized that Aislinn had taken a lone Skycutter and headed towards Fellheart's fleet.

Aislinn allowed himself to be taken by Fellheart, and there by the feet of Tyrion himself, the Sea Lord allowed his fate to be sealed. Cursing Tyrion and laughing menacingly, the blood of Sea Lord Aislinn spilled the decks of the Black Ark before the sea had suddenly erupted into a fierce Maelstrom. Lightning crackled in the skies overhead and a colossal wave larger than the tallest tower within the Black Ark reared up and slammed down upon the fleet. Fellheart's fleet was in ruins.

Edited by DantePQ

3 hours ago, Yokai said:

Mathlann sea elves? Probably yet another Order faction then. Not entirely convinced that is what is most needed right now.

The thing with Order faction is that technically they could be seperated into multiple alliances themselves. The other three GA aren't as varied in terms of factions. Elfs really needed something new. I agree that Death could also use new stuff but honestly I just really glad AOS is getting attention with completely new  armies.

• Like 1

You can even field the Khainite statue that usually stands atop the Shrine as a separate unit, representing an iron Avatar of Khaine.

I was just thinking about this possibility the past week :D So, if you build the Cauldron, you can have the Medusae by herself, and if you build the altar with the Medusae, you can use the Statue of Khaine as his own unit!

Or you can build the Cauldron without the statue and, from one box, have one Cauldron, one Iron Avatar of Khaine, one Meduase and the Witch elf hero that comes with the kit!

Edited by Galas