The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Nos said:

It’s not the whole of Slaanesh, just a subfaction who represent its growing power. When Slaanesh is released from his/her/it’s prison I would expect an associated army with Mortal followers.

But probably be at least a year + before that happens I would have thought. I’m not expecting that to happen until 3.0.

I thought at first you were saying Slaanesh wasn’t coming at all this year? Sorry if that wasn’t you, I didn’t look it up but I thought I remembered that.  I don’t know what you mean by a subfaction though.  Hedonites of Slaanesh seem like Blades of Khorne seem like Disciples of Tzeentch seem like Maggotkin of Nurgle.  It is just the new name for AoS. 

We are all definitely speculating wildly right now. Rumoring it up as it were.  Trying to read the tea leaves from which (as we see) all of us can make different conclusions haha. 

9 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Perhaps She/He doesn't want to be released.  Perhaps Slaanesh has never been imprisoned before and is fully savouring this exquisite dungeon experience.

Slaanesh, upon consuming and bloating upon the souls of the Elves of the Old World realised the great mistake. Consuming so much one had passed from excess and into the blighted realms of Nurgles insane eating! Thus its not prison, but a mystical Chaos God sized liposuction! 

9 minutes ago, chord said:

As a stormcast fan I want new releases every year, and want them to be the focus But I understand why others do not want that

As a gutbusters fan I want new releases every year, and want them to be the focus But I don't understand why others do not want that

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

A couple of things I have noted that keep coming up in this thread that Tom and Vince talked about in their last Warhammer Weekly Adepticon preview episode two nights ago (I do recommend checking these guys out, their weekly show has really grown on me and they have a lot of good info):

- first off, that piece of scenery/Forbidden Power - they mentioned that Forbidden Power has to do with the mythos of Sigmar just prior to gating off Azyr and the subsequent age of Chaos.  Sigmar went across the realms and took artifacts of immense power and sealed them away in the vaults so the Ruinous Powers could not get a hold of them.  The Necroquake has shaken those "locks".  This piece of scenery is apparently one of these "locks" and any army can take control of it thus supposedly unlocking the Vaults/Forbidden Power.  At least that is what I got of their summary from the panel which of course was vague enough to leave a lot of room to fill in the blanks at a later date  but give us a tease of what is to come (i.e. a bit more than just Malign Sorcery 2.0).  Forbidden Power is also supposed to advance the overall Soul Wars narrative.

- Warcry is going to be something like Necromunda meets Kill Team for AOS.  The kits ARE multi-build, this question was asked.  All factions WILL be usable in Warcry.  They are NOT pre-built warbands, you will be able to use your existing models.  It WILL be supported on the level of Kill Team and is a new IP they want to flourish.

- Slaanesh is getting a dual release for both AoS and 40K.  It was listed under Realm of Chaos on their Community Page but they previewed the cover of the Tome for AOS.  They said there IS more to come.  What we saw is predominantly demon-kin so would work for both systems (although the demon-prince looks very hand to hand vs shooty, there may be optional builds).  We may very well see mortals and additional models prior to actual release.

- They said outright in the panel that they are going to attempt to bring EVERY faction they can up to AOS 2.0 levels.  Some will be fast and furious for the time being with a book, endless spells/runes/prayers, and a piece of scenery.  This appears to be the norm of release now so it will not change anytime soon.  There will be some armies getting more and some all-new armies making their appearance in the Mortal Realms for the first time.  It IS going to be a HUGE year for AOS.

Also, regarding Stormcast.  They opened the panel by saying their huge reveal was.... a new Stormcast Chamber.  Which apparently was met with a room of absolute silence.  They moved on with a "just kidding" so they are aware of the "online vocal crew".

I am not sure if any of you are watching the new Stormcast pod-casts but they offer up a wealth of information on how GW actually goes about designing and planning their projects.  I see a ton of speculation in this thread that could have some clear light shown on it by watching these.  The latest featuring the godfather of the Warhammer design world, John Blanche puts a pin in exactly how Age of Sigmar came to be.  He is asked point blank, how did design on AOS start..  He said with Stormcast.  They were looking for an equivalent of Space Marines with the various Chapters that could be the basis of their new game.  He spent "ages" working on designs for Stormcasts and the entire game is based around them and how they could port other things from the World that Was into this new setting.  That is the basis.  They did their work well.  Stormcast are very cool and by packaging them into every release I have 2600 points of them and I have not bought a single stand-alone model.  I have not painted them yet nor plan to for some time as I have a lot of what I deem "cooler armies" to work on first but I have no beefs with the SCE and as Phil Kelly stated in an earlier episode of Stormcast, that the Age of Sigmar story is really their story so they will continue to be a focal point until the end of the Mortal Realms.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

If you check my "status of AoS" thread then if GW pumps out around 2 Battletomes for AoS per month then they can pretty much complete the whole of the game up to 2.0 status. That's excluding if they combine any armies up (and thus reduce the overall number of needed tomes). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

At the start of the year you said, “Really think you’re down a blind alley with Slaanesh. Too early.  They’re not going to release two big new factions in Gloomspite and Darkoath and then risk them being overshadowed a quarter later with a long awaited member of the pantheon.

They’re going to let the Soul Wars saga breathe and continue to populate the realms with unique factions and better realise the existing ones  for another year. Then it will be Slaanesh and the Ulgu folks.”

Not sure why you felt, or feel this way. I said the same to you then, and I say it now - I assure you that the liberation of slaanesh isn’t a factor that will dictate slaanesh release’s.

And I was right, what’s your point? I said numerous times that I didn’t expect a full release for Slaanesh but that I did expect a quasi “Seekers” faction with a few new models leading up to Slaanesh’s eventual release. For all evidence we have that’s exactly what Hedonettes are. 

In what way was I wrong?

Edited by Nos

1 hour ago, Austin said:

I thought at first you were saying Slaanesh wasn’t coming at all this year? Sorry if that wasn’t you, I didn’t look it up but I thought I remembered that.  I don’t know what you mean by a subfaction though.  Hedonites of Slaanesh seem like Blades of Khorne seem like Disciples of Tzeentch seem like Maggotkin of Nurgle.  It is just the new name for AoS. 

We are all definitely speculating wildly right now. Rumoring it up as it were.  Trying to read the tea leaves from which (as we see) all of us can make different conclusions haha. 

No I never said that. I said that I didn’t think Slaanesh was going to be released-ie from its prison-but I have predicted numerous times a sort of half way Slaanesh faction. The new KOS was a big surprise but I expected a new tome, heroes and Endless Spells. Thought probably the end of the year mind.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nos said:

And I was right, what’s your point? I said numerous times that I didn’t expect a major release for Slaanesh but that I did expect a quasi “Seekers” faction with a few new models leading up to Slaanesh’s eventual release. For all evidence we have that’s exactly what Hedonettes are. 

In what way was I wrong?

You said many times that it wouldn’t happen this year my friend. This is just one of the posts ;) 

All I am saying is, the lore of slaanesh being imprisoned has nothing do with a release or what is/isn’t released. It may be the case that slaanesh gets nothing more than the hero’s that have been shown, which would be a little strange. Still fine by me, but a little strange. 

In regards to your seekers theory, it’s been confirmed the sub factions are godseekers, invaders and pretender.

👆🏻(God)Seekers is a sub-faction. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

Just now, NurglesFirstChosen said:

You said many times that it wouldn’t happen this year my friend. This is just one of the posts ;) 

All I am saying is, the lore of slaanesh being imprisoned has nothing do with a release or what is/isn’t released. It may be the case that slaanesh gets nothing more than the hero’s that have been shown. 

In regards to your seekers theory, it’s been confirmed the sub factions are godseekers, invaders and pretender. 

No I didn’t. I said many times that Slaanesh wouldn’t be released but that a Seekers faction would be. Prove it where I said that no Slaanesh models would be coming out this year. I don’t want to make this thread about me but if you’re going to call me out for something then either do it accurately or move on.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nos said:

No I didn’t. I said many times that Slaanesh wouldn’t be released but that a Seekers faction would be. Prove it where I said that no Slaanesh models would be coming out this year. I don’t want to make this thread about me but if you’re going to call me out for something then either do it accurately or move on.

Yes you did. A wise man once said (me), that if you say the sky is pokerdot it does not mean it is true. 

I apologise if I caused any offence however :D 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

4 minutes ago, Nos said:

And I was right, what’s your point? I said numerous times that I didn’t expect a major release for Slaanesh but that I did expect a quasi “Seekers” faction with a few new models leading up to Slaanesh’s eventual release. For all evidence we have that’s exactly what Hedonettes are. 

In what way was I wrong?

This does appear to be the full Slaanesh release without the Dark Prince itself being fully released from the prison.

There is more to come than what we saw here according to what was said in the panel itself.  It is a dual release for both systems with what being shown fitting into both universes to a point but was more heavily favoring AOS with endless spells and terrain piece (which looks like a portal of Slaanesh peering through from the prison?).

There are still three different army builds, not just Seekers (that is actually stated in the Community preview).

Maggotkin covered all of Nurgle, Disciples covered all of Tzeentch, Blades covers all of Khorne, This is going to cover all of Slaanesh for the foreseeable future.  The Chaos gods cannot walk the Mortal Realms, the Dark Prince's release will most likely have huge narrative effects but not army building ones.

I fail to see how this is not a "major" release.  That Keeper alone is a major release but there is a lot more than that with what is  already shown.. easily on the level of Daughters of Khaine release.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, Nos said:

Same reason they didnt release one with Wrath and Rapture. Lots of people when that was previewed had the same logic as to why it definitively meant Slaanesh tome was coming. I knew it wasn’t for the same reason I’m pretty sure I know why it isn’t now either.

Slaanesh’s imprisonment and the surrounding context is probably the biggest piece of narrative ammunition AOS has right now and they’re going to drip feed it until AOS 3.0 I think. Because when Slaanesh is released you can bet it’s not just going to be the same Slaanesh units there were in Warhammer.  They had some commercial purpose for locking Slaanesh away literally years ago and I doubt the outcome of it is two extra models to the range and a Battletome that will receive less fanfare than the Goblin release on the Community announcement page. Its apparent from the Lore with the Bad Moon and the head Loon guy and what he’s done to the realm of metal as well is that the Grots are going to make a lot more noise in the narrative than I think anyone suspected. They’re not going to risk a big Slaanesh event getting lost amidst that. 

I’d bet my house on it being a new unit at most as well as some sort of named character who will point towards the events which lead to the eventual Slaanesh release in probably 2020, where I suspect they will also release with Ulgu elves and some form of espionage SC release (Ruinuation Chamber would be my guess). I suspect in 40k it will be similar.

In the past I wouldn’t have betted against a sort of Followers of Slaanesh tome and it might still happen I suppose but I’m pretty sure they’re going to keep it on the boil and let it explode next year personally. Although I think there’s potential for a “middle chapter” where there will be a similar set to Blight War this time next year with said new Slaanesh unit and hero and a new SC Chamber. In fact saying that now I think it’s very likely actually cone to think of it. Hmm.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Nos said:

Slaanesh book and minis not confirmed at all. There’s mention of stirrings for seekers of Slaanesh in the community preview for the year but that doesn’t equate to a release with book and minis. My guess is there will be a new hero released ala Slimux in Blightwar and maybe one new unit of seekers or something.  I doubt the release of Slaanesh will be considered a less big event than the Goblins showing up but it got lower billing than them in the preview.  I’m pretty sure Slaanesh releases this year will just be a prologue for a big reveal next year.

I mean.....

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Yes you did. A wise man once said (me), that if you say the sky is pokerdot it does not mean it is true. 

Proof - “Really think you’re down a blind alley with Slaanesh. Too early.  They’re not going to release two big new factions in Gloomspite and Darkoath and then risk them being overshadowed a quarter later with a long awaited member of the pantheon.”

Pretty obvious from the context that I was discussing the narrative event of Slaanesh being released is there.

I’ve already looked back and found five posts over the past few months where I say expect Slaanesh to get a few models and maybe a tome at most in the lead up to the eventual big reveal of them breaking free in about a year or so.  

Still on track 😎

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Austin said:

I mean.....

Again-there’s four new models and a tome.. I predicted a new unit, units traditionally bring made up of at least 5 models, so expected at least 5 or 6 plus some heroes. It’s right there.  Unless you’re going to tell me when I said new unit I actually meant a monopose unit or something. 

The masque isn’t new, the twins are, there’s the KOS which I’ll happily admit I never expected, and one more unit. So when I said a new unit/hero or two how exactly am I wrong? It’s a major release in respect to a narrative I called, but the army dosent have a single new regiment. It’s the existing Slaanesh army with a new hero or two, a new KOS model (not a new unit) and Endless Spells and a Book. FEC and Skaven got that. Take away the KOS and it’s the same treatment. It’s nothing like a new army ala Gloomspite Gitz.

Keep it up though. I can’t fathom quite why people are so interested in my predictions but it’s sonething to do I suppose. 

Apologies to everyone else looking for some rumours but I’m not going to let people try and demean me for whatever reason and not respond.

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

Again-there’s four new models and a tome.. I predicted a new unit, units traditionally bring made up of at least 5 models, so expected at least 5 or 6 plus some heroes. It’s right there.  Unless you’re going to tell me when I said new unit I actually meant a monopose unit or something.

Keep it up though. I can’t fathom quite why people are so interested in my predictions but it’s sonething to do I suppose. 

Apologies to everyone else looking for some rumours but I’m not going to let people try and demean me and not respond.

I didn’t mean to make you feel that I was demeaning you. I apologise for that entirely. 

So what next after slaanesh n fire stunties? 

• Like 1

Probably Sylvaneth, given Looncurse.

After that who knows?

I suspect STD/Darkoath is not coming this year, rather Warcry will be their thing for now.

With Slaanesh confirmed, that leaves maybe 1 or2 openings for "new" factions, in addition to the steady churn of updated battletomes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I didn’t mean to make you feel that I was demeaning you. I apologise for that entirely. 

So what next after slaanesh n fire stunties? 

Don’t give it a second thought 🙂 Papa bless you x

• Like 1

1 minute ago, madmac said:

After that who knows?

I suspect STD/Darkoath is not coming this year, rather Warcry will be their thing for now.

With Slaanesh confirmed, that leaves maybe 1 or2 openings for "new" factions, in addition to the steady churn of updated battletomes.

Agreed about Sylvaneth. Hopefully it’ll be more similar to the time between carrion empires n skaven/fec courts, than the wrath n rapture n slaanesh release (or nurgle/blightwars) haha 

22 minutes ago, Nos said:

The masque isn’t new, the twins are, there’s the KOS which I’ll happily admit I never expected, and one more unit. So when I said a new unit/hero or two how exactly am I wrong? It’s a major release in respect to a narrative I called, but the army dosent have a single new regiment. It’s the existing Slaanesh army with a new hero or two, a new KOS model (not a new unit) and Endless Spells and a Book. FEC and Skaven got that. Take away the KOS and it’s the same treatment. It’s nothing like a new army ala Gloomspite Gitz.

Apologies to everyone else looking for some rumours but I’m not going to let people try and demean me for whatever reason and not respond.

Hey there is no intent to demean you and I am sorry it came off that way.  Everyone has different opinions, my point originally was to figure out where in the heck you were coming from with the releases.  You say them so forcefully (in text so maybe confidently is a better word) that it makes you stand out to me.  I do think in general it creates better conversations if people consider past things they have said when making new assertions. 

I read your posts to say no new book, etc., etc.  If you are saying that is not what you meant then good to go. 

But, what I did not mean to do was demean you, that is no good.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

After that who knows?

The question was asked at the panel about Dark Oath and the response was the Warcry teams will give a good start on that or something to that effect.

They of course are quite cagey about future releases beyond the ones they are prepared to show but it definitely sounds further down the road but still may be this year at the rate they are going.

I highly suspect Sylvaneth are coming in the Flora hint for the boxed set so I anticipate a Tome right around its release along with that flying moth-creature someone highlighted in this thread and of course some endless spells (maybe a variant of the wood terrain feature?)...  I am quite excited for this as I am just looking for a good excuse to buy and paint Drycha.

20 minutes ago, Austin said:

Hey there is no intent to demean you and I am sorry it came off that way.  Everyone has different opinions, my point originally was to figure out where in the heck you were coming from with the releases.  You say them so forcefully (in text so maybe confidently is a better word) that it makes you stand out to me.  I do think in general it creates better conversations if people consider past things they have said when making new assertions. 

I read your posts to say no new book, etc., etc.  If you are saying that is not what you meant then good to go. 

But, what I did not mean to do was demean you, that is no good.

It’s all good, no worries!

I’ve found on forums if you think something it’s best to be robust about it because people will call you out if they disagree without hesitation. I’ve no issue with someone coming back at me for something I have conviction about. I’m also very happy to say if I was wrong about something, as with the KOS, didn’t think that would come so early at all. I also didn’t expect FEC and Skaven so quick after the Gitz. Lots of things I’ve been proven wrong on!

It’s just with this as I have hopefully explained above I genuinely don’t see it as big a release as I think most people were talking about Slaanesh getting.

Take away the new KOS model and as with the rest of the armies this year besides Gitz who really did get a big release, it’s just the same: an existing army gets a dedicated tome, Endless Spells, terrain and a couple heroes. So I was kind of baffled as to why I was getting called out for saying it wasnt a big release, other than from a narrative aspect, which I’d already touched on, when from my perspective what I had predicted was pretty much borne out by what was teased (KOS notwithstanding).

But for anyone who cares that surely makes my perspective clear. Agree or disagree as you wish, there’s no more for me to say either way! 

Edited by Nos