The Rumour Thread

17 hours ago, Baardah said:

I've seen guesses of that staff head being from a slaneesh worshiping aelf. And if that is true, that they have merged aelf and slaneesh and freakin rage quit all over again...

I thought this would be a real thing with AoS. Nagash worshipping Chaos Warriors, Malekith worshipping Vampires Sigmar worshipping Orcs etc etc. I'd probably go all in for some Chaos worshipping elfs :x

Yeah. I just saw this. What a weird release. There are clearly more than 5 torsos, 8 sets of horns, standard bearer options etc, but none of this is on the box art. This really feels like a last minute addition to the wrath of Magnus book. It is, however, proof that Arcanites are coming soon to AOS. 

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Yeah. I just saw this. What a weird release. There are clearly more than 5 torsos, 8 sets of horns, standard bearer options etc, but none of this is on the box art. This really feels like a last minute addition to the wrath of Magnus book. It is, however, proof that Arcanites are coming soon to AOS. 

They would have had to made that decision before the book was finalized.  Its not a sprue with just swords and pistols either - they do have arms on that. It all kind of circles back to Sad Panda's comment on similar assets.  They're making use of it and Tzaangors were in 40K before, so why not?

The best part is that I didn't expect a dual system kit for that price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

They would have had to made that decision before the book was finalized.  Its not a sprue with just swords and pistols either - they do have arms on that. It all kind of circles back to Sad Panda's comment on similar assets.  They're making use of it and Tzaangors were in 40K before, so why not?

The best part is that I didn't expect a dual system kit for that price.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea (I'm all for wacky stuff like Tzaangors appearing in 40k), it is just weird. Why do box art and publicity shots that make the kit seem much worse than it is? It is clear that this was not originally intended to be a 40k kit. I wonder if they were doing some testing, then decided they needed a meat shield unit in the book.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

So now the big question is: What ELSE from the Silver Tower is coming back as part of a larger release (Apart from the rest of the Arcanites stuff)? The Aelves? As long as it's not the Grot Scutlings...

The Kairic acolytes will get a box. The blue and brimstone horrors are in 40k now so they will get a box. 

At the moment the AOS Tzeentch release will probably look like this:

loc

horrors

Tzaangors

Kairic acolytes

a few clam packs. 

I hope they will add a new unit to the mix, something along the lines of the blight kings. That would make it a pretty perfect release for me.

Edit. Totally misread that quote. All the heroes are already out. The Aelf heroes will probably be incorporated into a battletome  at some point.

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

Here's a perfect example where having more flexible unit sizes would be a big help (one of my suggestions for GHv2).  Bestigors currently have a minimum unit size of 10, so assuming Tzaangors will follow suit.  At least let us pick 15 so we can use 10 in a box + 5 of the Silver Tower models.

I think the weirdest part about those Tzaangor is that they aren't marketed for AoS at all. No warscroll or mention of using them in AoS in the new White Dwarf, that I've heard of (will get mine tomorrow). Not added to the AoS area of the NZ webstore. No full pictures of the (clearly existing) fully painted AoS version of the unit. Nothing.

And yet, those sprues clearly looks like a full AoS kit with some Autopistols and Chainswords thrown in.

Still, this makes me really happy. Those sprues and the 360 look so much better than hoped. I'll get myself two boxes asap, alongside the Exalted Sorcerers just for the bits and Disk of Tzeentch. I'll find some use for the Marine Parts sooner or later.

• Like 1

GW has been doing a lot of funny stuff with their packaging ever since AoS hit. The description on the site doesn't even acknowledge the shields on the sprues, and it looks like the box doesn't acknowledge the obvious AoS use for the models either. Why do that, and why put in the extra cost to make two boxes, if they go that route? Few other similar examples in the last year and a half. Just a bit bizarre but I like the tzaangors!

2 hours ago, Malin said:

Whatever it will be, Must resist the urge to buy this box, must resist the urge, those weapons are not that cool, must resist the urge, Tzeentch be praised, I really don't need those models right now...

Urge resisted, for now...

Don't worry, I'm sure there's no power in the mortal realms that could possible change your mind B|

11 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think the weirdest part about those Tzaangor is that they aren't marketed for AoS at all. No warscroll or mention of using them in AoS in the new White Dwarf, that I've heard of (will get mine tomorrow). Not added to the AoS area of the NZ webstore. No full pictures of the (clearly existing) fully painted AoS version of the unit. Nothing.

And yet, those sprues clearly looks like a full AoS kit with some Autopistols and Chainswords thrown in.

Still, this makes me really happy. Those sprues and the 360 look so much better than hoped. I'll get myself two boxes asap, alongside the Exalted Sorcerers just for the bits and Disk of Tzeentch. I'll find some use for the Marine Parts sooner or later.

From my PoV it's simple - I think it's a simple matter of it being too tricky to launch both 40k and AoS Tzeentch at once and hit their sales targets for each. They prep'd the models that can work for both at the same time but they can't launch both at once and promote each as effectively.

Each is also part of a much larger product release plan. For 40k you've got Magnus, Thousand sons and some more Fenrisian stuff (probably books?).

For AoS you might have the Arcanites opponent - most of the rumouring we've been doing focuses around the Arcanites launching with an opponent.

Maybe the Tzaangors aren't coming in a separate box for a while? Maybe they're coming in a starter kit with a bunch of other stuff first.

Also, perhaps the AoS paraphanelia isn't fully ready yet. Maybe all Tzaangor stuff is ready but the rest of the arcanite release isn't.

• Like 1

It's missing the great axe option, and that great big longsword looks like a special weapon option, 

So I'd expect another sprue to be released with the AoS version, and the rules to be changed.

Edit : I see two great axes.

So I suspect it'll be a unit of 10 with the leader with the great sword, 2 great axes and then generic weapons for the rest, either way it looks like the rules will be altered if they want to use that great sword.

Edited by Arkiham
New idea.